PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL v1.03 notes

LA_MERC_Onji
September 30th, 2005, 03:58 PM
New community update <a href="http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_093005">here</a>

Wake Island 2007
That's right, the 1.03 update bundles the first official map release from EA and DICE. In this case the map is a modern-era update of one of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 -- Wake Island. The People's Liberation Army has invaded Wake to threaten American supply lines. In response the US Marine Corps has been dispatched to reclaim the island. Pick a side and fight to win!

The new Wake Island map comes to you free of charge thanks to Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel. Visit it at Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel

New Features

* Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature!
* Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list!
* Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle!
* Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker!
* Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice!
* Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time!
* Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats.
* Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare!

Tweaks

* Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers.
* Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated.
* Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well).
* Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery!
* Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions.
* Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch.
* Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers.

…and much, much more!

See everyone on the Battlefield soon!

Biggs
October 1st, 2005, 08:14 AM
like i said before. wootage on the new mape, wake is sweet!

SgtJeff
October 1st, 2005, 08:46 AM
and no more t/k's for commander's...freakin boon's dont pay attention and walk right into arty..then punish you for their stupidity...LUV IT!!...w00t..

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 1st, 2005, 09:38 AM
You can still TK with artillery but you just can not be punished. I wish that they would have taken it a bit further and only counted half the points for a tk if its done with artillery.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 3rd, 2005, 08:48 AM
wohoo,

this is the best "* Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions."

w00t!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 3rd, 2005, 09:02 AM
Woot, I will be on tonight to try it out.

LA_MERC_goose
October 3rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
If I can get my modem hooked up, I want to jump in a few rounds with you guys. I sux royally and want to learn. This map looks pretty sweet.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
it comes out today...right?

LA_MERC_Onji
October 3rd, 2005, 11:26 AM
i hope

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 3rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Those screen shots look awesome. I'm pumped that I will be able to play with that kind of resolution. Some one post here as soon as they know if its out. By the way has anyone heard wether or not they did anything to nerf the damn C4.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 3rd, 2005, 02:59 PM
Man, so the good ole days of blackhawk pwnage are over huh? Now we have to jump out and get back in to get any points, weak. How are you going to get that cover fire from the minigun if only the pilot gets points.

As usual some stuff is good and some is down right stupid. To get the blackhawk to be legit they screw up every vehical, only the drivers get CP points.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Looks like it won't be out until Wednesday.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
October 3rd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah maximum suckage on the Blackhawk deal.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 3rd, 2005, 07:30 PM
The blackhawk is kinda understandable because you can take over CP's in like 6 secs with a full heli. What gets me is it's all vehicals that only the driver gets points when taking over CP's if he stays in the vehical. So everyone else in the vehical has to get out to earn any points, tank machine gunners, all the guys in Hummvees, jeeps, whatever. That is what sucks the most IMO.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
per ign.com the patch comes out tomorrow

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 4th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Woot.

MindWerks
October 4th, 2005, 08:32 AM
I wonder how much more effective anti-air missles are against fast movers. I'm kinda hoping significantly... I'm tired of air dodging every dang missle I throw at them and then having to shoot them down with machine gun anyway. It was kind of silly.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 4th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I'm hoping its a significant improvement as well. I also wish that they would tone down the radar distance that the planes have. They see everything before others are able to see them. AA of any kind can not even get a lock until a fast mover is on top of them and already dropping bombs or missles.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==