PDA

View Full Version : first deer of the year

LA_MERC_Sniper
September 8th, 2005, 08:31 PM
woot i just got me a 180 lb. 7 pointer with a 18 1/2" spread woohoo. will try and take a pic of the rack later. :saddam1

Biggs
September 8th, 2005, 10:09 PM
good job,. and keep lighting em up.

what are the limits where u hunt? i wish i could be in the field right now. ur season starts earlier than down here in la and miss.

man we lost a couple hundreds pound of elk, deer, and turkey from katrina, so this year is gonna be our freezer rebuilding year.

but man, goodluck with the rest of the season i hope u pluck a few more nice bucks.

u turkey hunt?

LA_MERC_goose
September 9th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Good one Sniper! Is that a Pee Dee buck?

Hey Biggs, in SC there is no limit on bucks, does on does days or with doe tags.

SweetGirL
September 9th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Robby, my 9½ year old, wants to go hunting; some kid at school has been talking to him about it. We don't have a riffle or anything for him to use or any of the hunting gear. What does he need in order to go? Should I even let him go at his age? I don't care if he goes, but I know he's really immature ........ I watched him at Boy Scout camp with a BB gun in his hand, turning around with the gun aimlessly pointing at people while he talked to his friends. ha Should have seen him with the friggin bow & arrow!

LA_MERC_Sniper
September 9th, 2005, 08:05 AM
actually the limt is 5 bucks, 2 does per day but i hunt several differnt game zonews so i can kill alot more than that my best year and this is letting some deer walk; was 19 that was 13 bucks and 6 does. the smallewst buck was a 4 point. Sam i would not let him go unless you really knew and trusted the person he was with h edoesnt need a gun. not yet. he needs to go a few times and let him decide on his ownif he likes it or not. talking about it is one thing. being out there doing it is something else. Who would he be going with? I have a little cousin that is 10 and he shoots a .243 rifle. its strong enough to kill a deer but not strong enough to kill his shoulder lol.

edit oh and goose i killed him in lynchburg i saw 8 deer a cow horn a 4 point, him and the rest were does and fawns. all of them came out of the field except him lol he had been laying in the beanfield.

LA_MERC_goose
September 9th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Hey sweetz, I've been hunting since I was 8, but I didn't take a gun, my dad did. I killed my first one when I was 10 with a single shot .410 shotgun. The key is knowing the good from the bad, especially with guns; where and when to load and point.

I've gone in my blue jeans, boots and a black shirt - it all depends on how quiet you are. I've hunted deer three ways, still hunting (sitting in a tree stand), dog driving (turn a pack of dogs on a deer's trail) and stalking - I suck at the third mind you, my feet are too damn big.

LA_MERC_Drifter
September 9th, 2005, 08:12 AM
So what did you get the buck with. I am courious? Make, model of bow, and broadheads?

Congrats!

OBTW hurry up with the pics cause our season doesn't open until the first of Oct. hehe

LA_MERC_Sniper
September 9th, 2005, 08:18 AM
haha lol Weathurby Euromark Deluxe 30.06 federal premium 165 gr. btsp rounds lol gun seaseon opened here september 1st, and goes out january 2nd.

LA_MERC_Drifter
September 9th, 2005, 08:20 AM
man that is early! gun season doesn't open here until november

Hrmm.. i might have to schedule a trip to SC lol

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
September 9th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Rifle season is that long? WTF!?!?! Maryland's rifle season is only 2 weeks. Freakin hax!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
September 10th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Yup isn't SC wonderful. I can't wait to get started hunting. Unfortunately, kinda hard to do that right now with my work. :(

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==