PDA

View Full Version : Superdome Ganna be GONE!?!?!?!

Iccey
September 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
OMFG i just seen on ESPNews that the superdome could be torn down WTF is that all about i dont wanna see that happen its a icon of the south u gatta be kidding me and if that is gone Benson will get his way i dont know about u but if that happens this will be a sad day in louisiana history

LA_MERC_Spark
September 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
the dome aint lookin so good these days iccey my bro. I'm not saying i wanna see it go, but i wouldn't be suprised.. :(

LA_MERC_Drax
September 6th, 2005, 08:37 PM
i've heard its been comdemned.....

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Like I said, before the death and such at the dome, I thought they would never tear it down due to its being a survival symbol. Now... The early estimates put the damage estimates at $400 million. You can build a new stadium for that, without the ghosts. Insurance may have just paid for a new home for the Saints. That's the cliff notes, I gave more detail in other threads.

And also.. Whatever... I'm ready for Mardi Gras.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM
I understand the symbolism witht he dome being what it is and all, but...when you get down to it, it's just a building. They can build a bigger and better one now. (this spoken by someone who was neither born in LA or even lives there anymore...)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 7th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Just like the city, it would never be the same again. Instead of a symbol of mediocre football, it has become a place associated with rape, and death. A new stadium would be a great way to kick off the rebirth of a fine city and a symbol of the future.

Maximus
September 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I understand there are still dead folks in there? And with all the disease inside that building, it's simply a condemned healt hazard...Is it true they were talkin about building a new stadium anyways? Now that would be cool...New stadium, new town, NEW ORLEANS! Hope the New O contingent is doin ok. Good to hear that most of you are doin well!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==