PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices Rising, Beer prices Dropping...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 1st, 2005, 10:47 PM
The only thing I can figuire is that AB, due to thier freshesh beer thing, and over supply, has dropped prices, but here in Florence, SC, you can buy a 18 pack of Bud for $5.99 and a case (24 Pack here) for $6.99. I have to admit that I stocked up, but I wonder if it's because AB has more beer than they can possibly distribute because of thier "Born on Date" policies.

However gas has risen to well over $3 a gallon here in SC.

Biggs
September 1st, 2005, 10:57 PM
we cant hardly get gas here in baton rouge. i know the rest of u guys in miss and ala probably cant get any either.

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 1st, 2005, 11:02 PM
it's right at 3 bucks as of 11 pm here in Houston....there is idle talk around here that there will be lines for gas all over the US within a week or two if they don't get things running very soon.........I have about 12 miles to get to work...I guess I'll be pedaling soon :(

I should add that I feel lucky to have the ability to get to work in any form.....God bless all those affected by "she who cannot be named"

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 1st, 2005, 11:03 PM
Believe it or not, many stores here in Florence, SC are out of Gas as well...Those that DO have gas are charging at least $3.15 a gallon.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 1st, 2005, 11:04 PM
okay so how do I get my truck to run on beer?

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 1st, 2005, 11:05 PM
lol, you can get a diesel and use Mcdonald's used grease!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 1st, 2005, 11:06 PM
dunno dirge, but I have a friend that is a engineer, that claims he can get at diesel engine to run on Peanut oil...I think he is full of bologna though...lmao!

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 1st, 2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.biodiesel.org/

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 1st, 2005, 11:12 PM
lol sabre beat me to it. BUt no joking, I could never run a vehicle on beer... How could I let it all burn away like that???????

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
lmao that's what I was thinking....hehehe MOLSON BURNING IN AN ENGINE!!!! wtf!!!!! somebody needs to be shot.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 1st, 2005, 11:16 PM
darn canadians - got to get a word in edgewise...

LMAO - just kidding and trying to get a little humor and laughter into the tragic situation.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 1st, 2005, 11:28 PM
You can definately run a diesel engine on Grease from MsDonalds fries or any other type of oil like peanut oil, Corn oil etc. But you have to run regular diesel first to get the engine warm enough to combust it. They have a local truck here that does it. I've seen him run it. He hits a switch and then he runs on MsDonals fries greaase. Smells real damn good too.

SweetGirL
September 2nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
My mom was telling me yesterday that there is no gas available in Mobile. Here in College Station, I went to get gas yesterday, and the manager at the station said that they have only a certain amount of gas they can distribute/sell daily; after that, they turn the pump(s) off. I'm filling up every time my tank gets to 3/4 full; I just add the 1/4 tank of gas which cost me $21+/- yesterday!!!!!!! That's just ridiculous to have to pay that much for a quarter tank of gas! Guess I'll be ridin' my broom around town soon. :P

|Team Moped| Kripto
September 2nd, 2005, 07:02 AM
On a spike car show there was a kit that they showed that cost about a 100 bucks. After you got the fry sludge you mixed it in the kit and it spit out high performing for 42cents a gallon. (depending if you get your sludge for free) He said you get the same performance and dependability as if you were using the real thing. Plus you smell like a fry cooker on wheels!

Gas just hit 3.09 here in Des Moines... We are always way below the national average, sometime more then 70 cents. So I cant imagin what it is in other places

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 2nd, 2005, 07:27 AM
I saw on the news that it's hit over $6 a gallon in some places. That's just amazing. Also, aviation fuel is down to a 1 week supply...there go those low plane ticket prices.

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 2nd, 2005, 07:53 AM
It looks like the gas pipelines may be up to 75% production within the next day or two.....hopefully!!!!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
September 2nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
My dads old truck ran on propane and gasoline. It was a special carborator that you could use to switch between the 2 while driving. It ran super clean on propane but it didn't pack the puch that gasoline did.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 2nd, 2005, 09:06 AM
Man, I need to get an engine to run on methane and run a pipe o the driver's seat...

And BTW, sweets, try not to fill upo like you are doing, it actually rectricts the supply even further, casuing swifter, higher price peaks due to falsely increasing the demand. If everyone held off until he/she get say 1/4 tank left, then the prices would stabilize a lot faster.

cd
September 2nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
I just filled up my truck I'm gonna drive down there, and 6 five gallon jugs that I'm loading up with me for insurance. 170 dollars later.... @#$@#%@#%

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
September 2nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
I havent been out fo the house in a few days but Ill give you Cali prices later...its gonna be ugly Im sure.

LA_MERC_goose
September 2nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
I topped off the truck this morning at $3.09. Prices have gone up 60 cents in about 48 hours. I'm afraid to see what they are on my way home today, probably around $3.25

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
September 2nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
You can not win for loosing. Cali is trying to pass that new tax that will tax people by how many miles that they drive and not by how much fuel they purchase. The reason being is because so many people in Cali are now buying those hybrid vehicles. They are complaining that they are not receiving enough revenue to pay for road repairs.

I say, f to all of that. They should tax you by the weight of your vehicle. The weight/type of vehicle is what does damange to the roadways. A 2800lb hybrid car is not going to tear up sh!t.

They could lower prices if they wanted to but to many politicians are getting their pockets lined by to many oil companies, simple fact.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
You hit the nail right on the head Tobster. OPEC is GOD ---> should be the first line in the f'ing constitution. Those bastards must DIE! When I learned it cost OPEC 4 dollars gross per barrel of crude and they turn and set the market price and sell it at 70 dollars a barrel, wholy cow now thats mark up. Those were the A students in finance and now the *****s have us by the gonads.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 2nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
ok - this is nuts. I just paid $5.99 for a 24 pack of Bud Light...and they have it piled to the ceiling just about.

My cousin David now has a stockpile of beer due too the low prices, last count (i spoke to him around 7pm, and he was planning to go back for even more at that time) has 37 24 packs...that's almost 900 beers for approx $200!!!

And YES, he can drink it all before it goes skunky...especially if I go help him...lol.

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 2nd, 2005, 11:12 PM
normal prices here...

all the beer that they would normally ship to the affected areas is probably the beer you see in the stores......SEND SOME THIS WAY PLEASE!!!!!!!!

|Team Moped| Kripto
September 3rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Max, I though you gave up drinking a while ago?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 3rd, 2005, 09:11 PM
i have finally developed the ability to drink in moderation, and responsibly Kripto. I did go several months without a drink however.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==