PDA

View Full Version : You want an actual game with team based play?

LA_MERC_Avatar
May 8th, 2002, 03:13 PM
well here you go...check out Front Line Force (http://www.flfmod.com/)

it is a mod for halflife but it does what counterstrike should have done...namely be a team based game....sure sure your saying that cs is team based....well most times people dont play as a team unless they are in the same clan...whereas this game is only about team based play...it doesnt matter how many kills you get or how many times you die...as long as you protect your teammates and accomplish the objectives...

here is what goes on

on the map there are two teams(commando and rebels)...one team defends different objectives from being captured while the other team trys to capture them...

you get points for defending you teammate as they are trying to capture the objective, by providing covering fire while they advance, and get this...if you take one for the team...you get a lot of points...

i also like the way the weapons are setup...you can play as different classes(scout, assault, and support) that have weapons restrictions and limits on how many weapons you can carry. My personal favorite is the assault class where i can carry my colt and an mp5 plus my pistol and grenades...

this is a very kewl mod for halflife and if you like me and want to play a team based game....this is the one for you...

here is the link to download the mod...FLF (http://www.flfmod.com/downloads.php)

cd
May 8th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Sounds kinda like Tribes and a little Team Fortress with a dash of CS... get a server and ill try it

LA_MERC_Onji
May 8th, 2002, 06:37 PM
You just discovering this mod mercy? Its kinda old :)

LA_MERC_Avatar
May 8th, 2002, 07:08 PM
no...i played it when it first came out, but they have updated it a lot and it is a lot better...probably one of the best mods for halflife...you should try it now...real nice

LA_MERC_Onji
May 8th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Will do

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 8th, 2002, 10:31 PM
I bought Half Life: Counter-Strike, so would I be able to use the mod?

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 10th, 2002, 03:46 PM
I cant get it to work. When I click on the icon, it just brings up HL instead of the game...

Any ideas?!

LaTech

LA_MERC_Avatar
May 10th, 2002, 05:32 PM
you have to go to mod viewer and then pick and activate the flf mod...then you can play the game

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==