PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 8th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Most people on the forums are college grads but if you know someone who isn't and needs a blue collar job in the south alabama area my plant is hiring production workers (Machinists and assemblers). Below is the listing:

Entry level start pay is $9.90 per hour. We pay a .30 shift premium for second shift. A High School Diploma or GED is required for all positions. Applications must be completed here at the plant. If after hours assistance is needed please contact Human Resources.

Employment ad which will be in the Baldwin Times and Atmore Advance:

Quincy Compressor, a Division of EnPro Industries, and a manufacturer of rotary screw compressors, has an immediate opening for Production workers.

Assembler: Must have good mechanical ability to assemble components using diagrams and blueprints. Proficient with pneumatic and hand tools. Must have a good attitude and be a team player.

Machining: Good mechanical skills and desire to learn machining skills. Ability to read blueprints and precision measuring instruments a plus. Knowledge of machining processes and CNC controls preferred.

High School Diploma or GED required of all positions.

If interested reply here.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
what is the company name andy?

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Can I telecommute? I kid, I kid. I just got a new job (today marks 1 week here)...so I'm happy

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 8th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Quincy Compressor

www.quincycompressor.com

We manufacture large helical lobe rotary screw air compressors. The location is Bay Minette Alabama. I live in Spanish Fort just 25 minutes south on the eastern shore from Mobile across the mobile bay. A beautiful area with the gulf shore beaches a mere 45 minutes away and large fun cities like New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola, Destin, Fort Walton all very close. It's a great company in a great place.

cd
August 8th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Great area indeed, If I still lived down there I'd probably be interested.

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 8th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Great area indeed, If I still lived down there I'd probably be interested.

yeah, all except for Andy lives down there :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 8th, 2005, 01:58 PM
On the job discription it needs to advise of the 4-5, Cat 4, Hurricanes each year since the "magnet" has been hired!!
:laugh:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==