PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak

LA_MERC_Onji
August 7th, 2005, 11:25 AM
This is just an FYI post.

We have a public and private Teamspeak server. If you play with the Mercs regularly and would like to join our private TS server, just post here and we'll look into your request.
Most of us here use Teamspeak to communicate and coordinate while playing BF2.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 7th, 2005, 11:29 AM
This is pretty cool. Here is how to make a shortcut, that will automatically connect to our TS server, and join the bf2 channel automatically. You have to be registered in order for this to work. If your not regustered you'll have a [U] beside your name. Just click on 'self' at the top, then 'register with server' once your in.

Copy and paste this text into a new windows shortcut on your desktop or something, replace the obvious values like, your name and pass with YOUR name and pass

teamspeak://www.lamerc.com/nickname=yournickname?loginname=yourregisteredlogi nname?password=yourregisteredpassword?channel=BF2% 20(General)

LA_MERC_Onji
August 7th, 2005, 11:30 AM
To see who is on our TS server right now, without joining TS:

<a href="http://www.lamerc.com/ts_status/listing.php?detail=207.254.214.187&detailport=8767&page=1&sort=server_name&direction=asc&showgroup=all">CLICK HERE</a>

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 7th, 2005, 12:05 PM
sweet even less steps for my lazy arse! lol

LA_MERC_Onji
August 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I added a couple of subchannels to the main BF2 channel in teamspeak:

-USA
-MEC / Commie Bastards

This is just for the times that we play on an autobalanced server, and we get swapped around, we dont want everyone hearing our strategies :)

To make things easier, I made a keybind file that you can download and import into teamspeak that makes switching channels easy, and you dont have to alt-tab out of the game to switch.

Download this file to your desktop or something, then start teamspeak and goto:

Settings -> Key Settings. Click on Import (in the lower right hand corner). Locate the file you downloaded, select it, and open it.

<a href="http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/teamspeak/keybinds.kbn">keybinds.kbn</a>

You now have the following key binds to switch channels:

CTRL-Z: Switch to main BF2 General Channel
CTRL-X: Switch to USA Channel
CTRL-C: Switch to MEC/Commie Bastard Channel

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
August 8th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Very Schweet!!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Brillant! That's awsome Onji.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 8th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Onji is hard at work

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM
/me bows to the black belt of Compitsu

Juggernaut
August 16th, 2005, 07:38 PM
why cant i register that option is greyed out for me.. and i have never registered...any ideas ???

matt

LA_MERC_Onji
August 17th, 2005, 06:40 AM
why cant i register that option is greyed out for me.. and i have never registered...any ideas ???
matt

Ahh, either diesel, target, or myself will need to grant you registration priveleges. Just ask one of us whenever we're all on and we'll hook you up.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM
So with the IP change what do I need to do to get TS2 working again.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 25th, 2005, 12:14 PM
nothing, just reboot ur pc when u get home. its still lamerc.com

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==