PDA

View Full Version : Morning Radio

LA_MERC_BS
August 4th, 2005, 08:23 AM
I want to talk about something that has been bothering me for quite some time now. This problem is appearing to only get worse. The problem you ask, well it’s morning radio. I am like most people, I get up in the morning and jump into my car and start my daily commute to work. While on the way to work, I think hey I would really like to hear some kick daddy tunes. Something loud hard and offensive to get me started in the morning. So I turn on the radio and start station surfing. Of course I hit the pre-sets first, but then I’m forced to scan all the radio stations in search of music. Now at first you would probably think, this guy must be picky about his music to search that hard to find a song, actually no theres another problem. THERES NO MUSIC ON THE DAMN RADIO!!!! On every channel there are talk shows. Even the really really oldy stations. I for one am absolutely over it. Some people like the talk shows and I can understand that, but why does every damn station have to have its own talk show. Sure every once in a while you’ll get a laugh out of a talk show, but damn man I turned on the radio to hear music. Not to hear people talk. I could absolutely care less what Britney Spears did yesterday. I don’t care what hair products women in the Mobile area prefer. Nothing that the DJ did last night is interesting to me. I just want to hear the music. I want to crank the radio up as loud as it will go, beat the steering wheel and have people next to me in traffic say “man that guy must really like that song because he is acting like an idiot in that car”. I can get in my car drive 15 minutes to work and not hear one single song on any station anywhere on the radio. And I for one am sick of it. What’s that you say? Put in a CD. Oh yes that would be an excellent idea, but the problem is I’m in a work car that doesn’t belong to me. Therefore there are no CD players in any of our cars. That is considered a luxury, and not a necessity.

Yes this is a pointless post and it was not meant to start a area wide attack against radio. Just pissed that this has been an ongoing problem and seems to only be getting worse.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Aww Jerry... If you call me on the phone I'll sing while your in the car going to work.. OR I can put some tunes on and hold the phone to the speeker and you can hear it that way.... Just a thought let me know...

:)

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 4th, 2005, 10:29 AM
---> Satalite Radio man, 100 billion channels of music, the comedy chanels alone are worth it.

|Team Moped| Kripto
August 4th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I’m a huge advocate to Satellite. I'm an XM guy but Sirius is ok too... When I'm at work I can access most of the channels on the internet.

All you need is a tape adaptor...I’m assuming that your car has that at least.

the noxious
August 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM
now people see why i despise radio so much!
im too broke for satellite radio, so i just constantly make mix CD's.

LA_MERC_BS
August 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
No tape player in my car.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 4th, 2005, 01:30 PM
You get free gas and a ride to work?? Cry me a river f00. Buy a portable CD player at Best Buy for $29 with all the gas money youre saving. :D

For me, mornings are talk radio...Howard Stern 4 teh win. But to agree with you, radio sucks. There hasn't been a radio station in So Cal that I can say is "my music" for over a decade. I live off CDs and when at my comp for long periods I listen to knac.com. Thats how I keep current with "my music."

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
I had Satelite. I let it go when I kept hearing freaking commercials. Both XM and Sirus were suppose to be commercial free. That's a load of (*(*)^*&%. Now I agree the comedy channels were great and you could hear more music than radio, but your best alternative which I do is, download some great songs and burn them to a CD and play on the way to work. When those songs get old, go to top 50 list and download some more and burn. Works great.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 4th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I bought an MP3 player that would broadcast over FM for my old truck (same issue). It worked well so long as I didn't forget to bring the player.

|Team Moped| Kripto
August 6th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Most car kits have an fm transmitter thingy that plugs into the cig lighter, how well it works depends on the car. And yes... some of the 150 channels have commercials.... but 65 of the main music channels that are commercial free. But you have every sport you can think of, direct feeds from FOXNEWS, CNN, ABC NEWS, NPR, BBC etc....you have awesome comedy too! I think 10 bucks a month is worth your sanity, especially with as much time as you probably spend in the car. Mine has a removable receiver so that I can move it to my home stereo in my room too. I will admit I'm hooked on pod casts right now though.

Big_ch33se
August 6th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Just do like me d00d, addept to like sports talk and then you dont need sportscenter in the morning anymore. You get a traffic update and you get all the scores and Highlights from the previous days sports events.
:jk2

cd
August 6th, 2005, 03:33 PM
man, i have to drive 25 minutes to work, then 25 minutes home, I have no air condition, no radio, no cd player, and I dont get cell phone reception until I get about 5 minutes from my house, I wish I could hear someone talk

Biggs
August 16th, 2005, 10:28 AM
i have to agree with the fact that everytime i put on the radio i hear commercials and no music. i'm always like wtf!

but in the mornings i usually listen to walton and johnson.

but if its tunes u want then its satelite u need!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 16th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Start going to work earlier so they're playing music. It's nonstop music for me all the way to work, course it's 5 AM too.

LA_MERC_BS
August 16th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah the talk shows don't really start till around 6am

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 16th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I guess I can consider myself lucky then. I am between New Orleans and Baton Rouge so I get a choice of three really rockin stations to choose from. One of them always has something good on.

LA_MERC_BS
August 26th, 2005, 11:37 AM
You get free gas and a ride to work?? Cry me a river f00. Buy a portable CD player at Best Buy for $29 with all the gas money youre saving.."

Man aint that the truth right now. Cost me $12.00 to fill up my bike the other day.

I have somewhat fixed my morning radio problem. I just started driving faster on my way to work. :drive

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==