PDA

View Full Version : What The!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
A guy I work with just showed me a recent picture of the surface of Mars where they have found a frozen lake inside a crater. The lake is said to be approximatley a mile in diameter and around 200 feet deep. There was even some snow around the rim of the crater. Didn't they say when I was in school that wasn't possible on Mars. He also showed me an updated list of the 47 moons around Saturn. My old Science book says there are 13. Where'd these other ones come from. This guy says they have better telescopes now and the probes we've sent out over the last few years are more sophisticated at finding things like this. Wow, I was wtf. What will they find tomorrow.

P.S. The pic of the frozen lake on the Martian surface had a slight green ting to it, Uh oh!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 21st, 2005, 12:45 PM
next they'll find astroids on uranus. or is that hemroids on your anus?

if they look close enough, they might find a blue phone booth called the Tartus on Mercury.

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 21st, 2005, 06:06 PM
Andy, It's possible for Mars to have a lake, it just might not be H2O, instead...CO2...I think that's what I last read. Could be wrong. It does have polar ice caps at certain times of it's orbit.

The deal with the number of Saturn's moons is you have to look at whether they're classifying all the satellites (A celestial body that orbits a planet) as moons. Most of them are pretty insignificant in size compared to the size of the larger moons kinda like asteroids. Actually, Andy many of them are less than 200 km in radius so they're really just big rocks in stable orbits.

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
They're mainly made of ice, and other components such as ammonia, methane, and CO2.
So if we took Michael Moore and launched him, once he got on the night side of the earth all his hot air would freeze and we could call him a moon.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
Andy, It's possible for Mars to have a lake, it just might not be H2O, instead...CO2...I think that's what I last read. Could be wrong. It does have polar ice caps at certain times of it's orbit.

The deal with the number of Saturn's moons is you have to look at whether they're classifying all the satellites (A celestial body that orbits a planet) as moons. Most of them are pretty insignificant in size compared to the size of the larger moons kinda like asteroids. Actually, Andy many of them are less than 200 km in radius so they're really just big rocks in stable orbits.

GO SHADOW!! GO SHADOW!!!
Its ya birthday!!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 21st, 2005, 07:23 PM
That's no moon....That's a space station...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==