PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 18th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Anyone finish reading this yet? It's a good book. On par with the other 5...but the ending...sheesh...

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 18th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Couple more pages left, should be done by tomorrow.

Big_ch33se
July 18th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I like to read and consider myself pretty fast, but didnt the book just come out today? You guys really had some spare time eh?.
I like the movies but actually have never read any of the books yet. I will have to buy the first ones and start to read them. Dont think I will pass up the movies though cause I like the films to have suspense. Dont want to ruin it by knowin story ahead of time ya know.
:jk2

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 19th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Book came out on Saturday...but I got my copy yesterday morning and had it done by 3. Yeah, I have loads of free time (still don't have a job...waiting on a call-back). It's a very quick read (as are all the books).

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 19th, 2005, 06:15 AM
A buddy of mine told me that after reading Clancy amnd the like, that the Potter books were on such a simpler level (I mean they would have to be to appeal to kids) that he had trouble reading them. Any of y'all find this? That is the main reason I haven't read any. Well, that and the fact that they focus so much on that damn broom jockey catching a flying fart game. :/

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 19th, 2005, 07:44 AM
They are simple in the fact that there are no descriptions of how an atomic blast happens or how to build a simple shortgun with a piece of pipe and a string...but, that doesn't really detract from them. heck...read the first one (should take only a couple hours) and if it's crap, you don't have to read the others. The books, of course, are better than the movies.

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 19th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I found that the first one was really simple and the plot line as well as the writing gets more intricate as the books progress. Basically she progresses with the age of the character which is good since the kids reading them are getting older also.

Corona
July 19th, 2005, 07:52 PM
you could also turn the book into a hat

-can anyone tell me where thats from-

-Corona

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 20th, 2005, 09:49 AM
I can make a Terridactyl...Ohh it's May day, it's May Day!!!
Did I leave the oven on?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==