PDA

View Full Version : Count your change lately?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 10th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Last night my wife and I played poker with the neighbors with change, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Neither of us has ever played poker before but have watched it a few times on TV. Everyone started with $10 in change and their was five of us playing. Well today we counted what I brought home, $43.80. My wife just threw her's in the change jar so I'm not sure how much she won but both of my neighbor's had to resupply their change after they ran out. Spurred by how much change I brought home from the game we decided to count all my change and see what I had.

Not including pennies, which we didn't count, and I still have a bunch more to count. I had amassed over 2 to 3 years $224. Probably still have another $60 plus in my change jar. I'll update when we count it all tomorrow.

So it begs the question, when was the last time you counted your change?

LA_MERC_Drax
July 10th, 2005, 11:34 PM
When i was little, every day when my dad came home from work, he would just put his change from his pockets on the dresser, coins mostly and occasionally a few one dollar bills. We'll every may, we rolled up change and collected the dollars, it usually was enough to pay for vacation every year, or so how my mom tells it to me....

Big_ch33se
July 10th, 2005, 11:54 PM
I count my change every 6 months or so and usually have like 20 dollars or so. Always scrapin for every last dime.

LA_MERC_Drax
July 11th, 2005, 12:38 AM
I count my change every 6 months or so and usually have like 20 dollars or so. Always scrapin for every last dime.

Go win a few dart tournaments Sean.... :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 11th, 2005, 05:19 AM
groovy and I counted change the other weekend just for fun. It was $160 (not including pennies). We're saving ours up for a vacation, actually...

Oh, and that was just over the last 6 months

LA_MERC_goose
July 11th, 2005, 06:55 AM
My wife and kids did the same - I think she told me we had $82 and some change - that gets split between the kids and is their savings accounts.

LA_MERC_BS
July 11th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I'm like Drax's dad. Every day i come in and throw change on the computer desk. When the desk doesn't have enough room for my Sonic drink or my spit cup, then I transfer all of the change to any container I can find to shove under the bed. I only count it when I'm broke. I have no idea how much I have. I needed $300.00 one time so I went to the change stash. $300.00 was about half of the change I had. That was about a year ago.
The reason I started keeping change in the first place was my wife, EX now. She would rob my paper money, but she was too good to roll up coins and cash them in.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 11th, 2005, 08:49 AM
I was totally blown away when we realized how much money was there. When you look at it all tumbled together I figured it was only around $60 or $80. Just shocking how much extra cash you have laying around. Hell I use a fair amount of silver change at work in the vending machines and still had over $200.

We rolled all the stuff we counted yesterday but we didn't count what's left.

MindWerks
July 11th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I have a change bucket as well. The only thing is I dump all kinds of money into it. Any money that I keep in my pocket and not my wallet gets tossed in there at the end of the day. I also have a problem with just pocketing change (paper or not). So my change bucket has a fair number of $1,5,10, and 20's. Everytime I take money from the bucket I'll put it back into the bucket + 25%. I use it as an emergency petty cash. Works well and helped me out a few times.

LA_MERC_Onji
July 11th, 2005, 12:08 PM
the wife and I started throwing our change in an old 1gallon pickle jar. It finally filled up after a few years. We took the jar to a coinstar (those things rock) and dumped the change in. Well we filled up to capacity on 2 coinstar machines at 2 different brookshires, had to cash in at each one. At the 3rd coinstar machine, we ended up with a total of about $150. (we were saving only pennies the 1st year or so, then started adding in the silver. man does the silver help hehe)

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 19th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Ex, if they have a Chevy Chase near you, they (or atleast the ones here in Fredneck) have a coin counting machine that is free...my total: $205.10

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Only Chevy Chase I know is in the movies Scott.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
July 19th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Only Chevy Chase I know is in the movies Scott.

There is also the suburb of DC, Chevy Chase, MD.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 19th, 2005, 01:15 PM
There is also the bank...chevy chase bank in Maryland... http://www.chevychasebank.com/htm/

After looking at their store locator, they are all on my side of MD...sorry.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==