PDA

View Full Version : Problems with EA patch

Biggs
July 10th, 2005, 12:30 PM
EA servers have deleted the patch and are running on the original version of bf2. yes unistall. they say the patch has memory leaks or some crap. WTF EA. make a game that is done before you sell it to the public. we should get paid for being the beta testers.

heres the link to see EA official word:
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_070805

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
wtf lol :doh

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM
WTF!!!!!! Jeez-us
You've got to be kidding me....

Noobs...

LA_MERC_Onji
July 10th, 2005, 05:08 PM
yeah i read that, ive been ok, so im not going to uninstall

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
July 10th, 2005, 08:40 PM
I've noticed it. When I close out the game, it will sometimes not close and it gets noticably slower while player.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
July 10th, 2005, 08:41 PM
haha, I got a 40 kill streak!

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2005, 07:25 AM
gj hacker...
:p:
look at that com score...:eek:

Biggs
July 11th, 2005, 08:49 AM
i went ahead and deleted the patch. es says the new one will be out soon and the old one wont be supported anyway.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2005, 11:28 AM
This is wierd, hopefully they will fix it soon, please advise Biggs if those servers are runnning better???

Beta testing is fun :stick

Biggs
July 11th, 2005, 12:06 PM
well when u delete the patch you can play on the ea servers again, which is good. but i would rather reinstall now then later.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2005, 12:36 PM
but all the nubs are on the regular servers and I am cleaning up on the points/badges....hehehe
:)

LA_MERC_Onji
July 11th, 2005, 12:48 PM
the memory leak really/mainly only affects servers (there have been reports of some client related issues, dont know if its coincidence or not) , they only suggested the clients to downgrade because they are suggesting the servers to downgrade. you wont be able to find as many servers to play on. I'm on the linux mailing list, and the majority of them are not rolling back.
I dont have a problem waiting a few days for the hotfix to come out, and the servers i have been playing on have been fine so far, so i'm staying where i'm at.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 11th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Same here. Though I did run into a problem last night while playing a single player game. System resources were near max but I didn't have anything extra running. After a shutdown and cold boot the pc came up with no problem and I was playing fine.

MrBill
July 13th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Somemore BF2 BS last night!

Boomtown reports the recent downtime of account servers (that we have all experienced) can be attributed to a denial of service attack launched against GameSpy.
Many gamers are currently experiencing problems when trying to login to their Battlefield 2 accounts. The problems are caused by a denial of service attack on GameSpy, who're running the account servers.

This means that all of GSI services are unavailable at the moment, leaving many with having to deal with real life for the time being (scary stuff, we know). As with so many other things regarding Battlefield 2, a fix is being worked on. Supposedly, this affects other games too, but as all I’m playing for now is Battlefield 2, I haven't checked.
Unfortunately we cannot confirm these happenings at this

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==