PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Dennis

LA_MERC_BS
July 7th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I want to go on record right now saying that I know exactly where Dennis will make land fall. I predict that the weather channel will claim that Dennis will hit Pensacola Florida. Has anyone noticed that the past storms, no matter where the storm is heading, the Weather Channel always predicts the storm to hit Pensacola. Jim Cantore will be standing on Pensacola beach ...... again..... claiming that the storm will make a huge right turn and hit the very spot where he is standing. Media propaganda maybe? The weather channel wanted so badly for every storm to hit Pensacola last year that I think they willed it and maybe even fudged it a little bit. I think its amazing how just by changing the TV channel, the storm land fall changes.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 7th, 2005, 09:06 AM
This is one I'm worried about. Pascagoula has kinda been lucky over the years with storms. We havn't really had a bad one come through here they've always bypassed us. So this could very well be our year. This storm out there now has got me stressed over it. I hope that we don't end up getting it bad tho...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 7th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I like the sig BS. Dramamine, hehehehehe. However. No that I live in Spanish Fort Alabama and I am the Hurricane magnet. Here is where it will be come monday. My house. Although I'm thinking of going to Dirge's for the weekend, watch out New Orleans I'm riding a pale horse, and death is following me.

LA_MERC_BS
July 7th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Well I hope the damn thing hits us like a dune buggy in the base. The more damage it is, the more over time I can suck out of the Government. I rent my house, so I could care less if the thing ends up in Texas somewhere.

ps. Speaking of dune buggy in the base, was it Dirge last night that found a way to climb a wall with an apc and park it on top of me?

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 7th, 2005, 11:39 AM
omg that reminds me, I have a screenshot of that!! LMFAO I come crashing around the corner in an APC. Here it gets fuzzy... There was a big BOOOM, the APc goes straight up into the air about 20 ft. LA_MERC_Dirge [teamkills] LA_MERC_BS... Dirge comes too with his APC wedged firmly in the courtyard of the building that has no way in or out. Lay on the horn because it won't let me exit the vehicle either!!! LMAO All I could do was turn the turret and see the helicopter about to kill me....

I will post the pic later this evening!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 7th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Alright turning a little more east so maybe it won't be so bad. Keep your fingers crossed.

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200504.gif

LA_MERC_BS
July 7th, 2005, 12:36 PM
The weather channel refuses to change the direction due to the fact that it will take the point of impact out of Pensacola. It's a conspiracey I tell you.

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/map_tropprjpath04_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

LA_MERC_BS
July 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM
You know Andy, if you follow the dots on your map .... that would just about put the eye of the storm some where in the area of ...... Spanish Fort

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 7th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah, Dennis knows where I am. He's making a B line right for me.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 7th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Andy did you go to Pensacola for Dinner?
:p:
http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200504_5day.gif

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 7th, 2005, 03:41 PM
As promised, here's the pic from the description above. As you can see, I am very much stuck. Looking at the rest of the screen, maybe the artillery is what launched me up in the air over the courtyard wall, killing BS in the process??? Don't you just love BS's pose? I think he's acting a little bit to draw the foul...

And the first picture may look like me driving, but it wasn't. I bet it was Roselind...

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 10th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Well, I haven't spoken with Andy since Friday night, but I am assuming they made it out and to their relatives near Alexandria, LA. On the attached map you can see the impact this storm has on some of our MERC brethern. Keep in mind that the Eastern part of the storm is worse than the Western part, so us in NOLA are doing fine. Keep an eye on the news. :(

[sG] Dutchman
July 10th, 2005, 09:36 AM
omg I get rain from the hurricane wahoooo! finally we get some rain up here.
Its been like 90 degrees and very humid.

LA_MERC_BS
July 11th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I got 12 hours over time from working the storm. I use the word "working" very loosely. I sat in the office and watched I loved the 80's on VH1.

SweetGirL
July 11th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I got 12 hours over time from working the storm. I use the word "working" very loosely. I sat in the office and watched I loved the 80's on VH1.

:bow Another example of our fine police departments from around the country :work1 <-- BS looking @ pron on the work computer lol

Big_ch33se
July 11th, 2005, 10:06 PM
You should live in New Orleans and watch th news when a hurricane enters the gulf. Every single 1 is headed straight for New Orleans and will be a direct hit. even this 1 they said had a decent chance of comin here until like a day b4 landfall. :dunno

aCiD
July 12th, 2005, 03:42 AM
theres another one out in the atlantic now...i think its going to be called emily?? and another one coming up behind it... emily they said is probably going to take a similar path of dennis riht OVER the islands again...they dont need something like that hitting them again...

|Team Moped| Kripto
July 12th, 2005, 11:26 AM
So how many of you guys got hit (or know somebody who did)? I'm not sure where all of you guys are. Hope everyone is ok!!!

LA_MERC_BS
July 12th, 2005, 11:57 AM
We got about 45 mph winds out of it. Thats a typical rain storm around here though.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Dennis made landfall 30 miles from my house. No real damage though. That makes 2 CAT 3 Hurricanes to hit my house in an 8 month span. I'm going to say I have bad luck. Maybe my handle should be LA_MERC_Hurricane.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 14th, 2005, 11:56 AM
It's been raining here in Maryland off and on since yesterday...they say it's "leftovers". I say, "You're lucky it's just leftovers..."

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 14th, 2005, 11:56 AM
or LA_MERC_luckiest_SOB_ever

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==