PDA

View Full Version : Learn to fly like a Pro!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Andyconda's school of flight.
You've heard the rumors. They be true. The Red Barron (a.k.a. Dirge) has been aced. Last nights account shows Andyconda 4, Dirge 1. You too can learn to shoot the aces from the sky. In Andyconda's school of flight chapter 1, you'll learn basic manuevers like mountain avoidance and the no landing gear touch and go. In chapter 2 you'll see tips and tricks like, "What's that buzzing sound" and "What to do when out of ammo, Ram'em". Not until chapter 5 will you see the advanced manuelvers like "How to down Robby in his Imerlman". Or "Why waste a missle on Spark, he's about to crash anyway". All this for only a six pack of Killians, just call 1-800-ACE-KILL

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 6th, 2005, 08:51 AM
SIGN ME UP!!!

On a serious note though...
Do you use the flightstick for the Helo also? I thought I read in another post that you use the Hat Button to control the rudder???

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 6th, 2005, 09:30 AM
HAHAHA...LMAO at Spark...too funny.
The little PFC can fly a plane!
I need to watch Chapter 5, lol

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 6th, 2005, 09:46 AM
LMAO, yeah Andy had my number last night. Although a couple of those kills were accompanied by my wingman going "team vehicle damage, how is that?" as i took a friendly sidewinder in the bunghole. mental note, the F-15 is more like the whining eaglet in BF2, deifnitely not a screaming eagle. lol

And Spark's pilot skills are so 1337 he can't even parachute out without killing himself.

LA_MERC_BS
July 6th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Man I jumped in a plane with Drifter last night. After he turned, twisted, barrell rolled, and flew sideways between trees and upside down, I finally had to bail out. If I stayed in the plane with him much longer I was going to throw up all over my monitor. At one point I even broke out in a cold sweat.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Yep it gets a little rough there using the TV guided missile's. But it's great fun flying around with Drige and Andy!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Actually that was me you were flying with BS not drifter. I had to fly erratic in order to stay out Dirge's and Biggy's gun sights. Also Skits I use to use my thrustmaster in Desert Combat but I broke it. I no longer use the joystick for the helo's, it's much easier to control roll with a mouse and use keyboard for the rudders. Also, I tried to be nice Robby and not mention it but what the hell, one of those kills was in the mig bomber, hehehehe, LMFAO, Also the f-15 is probably the best plane on there, your just use to the MEC cluncers. I'm now adding Chapter 6 "How to mute Dirge's and Sparks TS when you gun'em down so you don't hear the whinning".

LA_MERC_Drifter
July 6th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Man I jumped in a plane with Drifter last night. After he turned, twisted, barrell rolled, and flew sideways between trees and upside down, I finally had to bail out. If I stayed in the plane with him much longer I was going to throw up all over my monitor. At one point I even broke out in a cold sweat.

LOL! I am pretty sure that you were in the jet with Andy. I was playing as commander at the time and didn't have time to do much else.

Edit: Post HAX!!!!

Biggs
July 6th, 2005, 11:17 AM
i consider myself a pilot that can handle his own.i never get to play against any good pilots and now i got the chance too. i would like to challenge (for braggin rights of course, jk) the ace they call andyconda. lets get rdy to rumbbbllllleeee!. all in good fun of course.

LA_MERC_BS
July 6th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Actually that was me you were flying with BS not drifter. I had to fly erratic in order to stay out Dirge's and Biggy's gun sights.

See, thats how messed up I was after that ride, I didn't even remember who in the hell I was riding with. The man was upside down at one point, trees, bridge, it all happen so fast. The last thing I remember was sky, ground, sky ground, barrell roll, back flip, eject, throw up.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM
OMG this thread just gets better and better...LMAO
ut oh Andy has a friendly challenge
I must warn you Brent...
In the newly released book, unmentioned chapter 3 is , "If you are killed by anyone...scream in TS...F'ing hacker" :p:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 6th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Ouch, chapter 3 Diesel, yeah its a good chapter but I paraphrased so much from Dirge I lost money in the copy right. We're still in litegation over the phrase "Where's my N key". No problem on the challenge Brent. Like you, I can handle my own in the sky. I may not really be an ace, I just love giving Dirge and Spark hell. There both great pilots and for me to get'em like I do, Robby has to be in the middle of a severe storm and Spark has to be drinking his Vodka. Either way I'm rubbing there noses in it whiole I can cause it may be tonight they drop me from the sky like a sack of taters. I'm thinking of adding some additional chapters like "The Art of Team Killing" and "How to get banned in under 5 minutes.,"

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 6th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Got some other chapters too
"Fuel, does it exsist and who needs it"
"Re-arming in flight and the miracle invisible ground crew" <-- that can apparently throw armament onto your plane in mid flight without having to touch down
"The linebacker, Whole lot of bark, but very little bite"
"How to eject from aircraft" <-- This chapters for you Spark.

heheheh this is turning out to be a good class.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 6th, 2005, 03:16 PM
:laugh:
hehehe

Spark is the goose of BF2...er...Maverick...er
you know the movie, not all of the SC nubs... ;)

Biggs
July 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM
a friendlt 1v1 will be cool!

btw, i am loking to start a 8v8 twl conquest team. i think i will have a few YGD guys and if possible we could get some la merc guys in the mix. i dont know if you guys played in twl before but its fun. let me know if you guys would be in for some compitetion.

YGD has been messing around in the league and we have many ally clans we play with there as well. we have had the #1 spot in 1v1 tank and air dominance ladders, top 5 in the 2v2 air and tank as well. so we are no strangers to pwnage.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 6th, 2005, 03:45 PM
yeah we have the #1 spot in
1 vs 1 arse blowage...thanks to Dirge
and 2 vs 2 male spoonage..all credits go to Andy and Yankee
....lol j/k

I think that would be awesome, Brent, I am all game.
but quick questions for everyone...How many matches per month/week
how much practice do you guys spend?
Do you have a web site for this ladder?
Who else is interested?

LA_MERC_Onji
July 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
i'd rather not turn fun into work personally

Biggs
July 6th, 2005, 04:43 PM
well you challenge to go up the ladder. probably one match a week or every 8 days or so. the website is www.teamwarfare.com.

its fun and you meet alot of other clans. they actually helped me to get better, ask a question and they answer kinda thing. i learned how to destroy tanks with one shot to the front from those guys.

LA_MERC_Spark
July 6th, 2005, 05:54 PM
PISS OFF :madd ! lol!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 7th, 2005, 05:56 AM
That sounds pretty cool...

MindWerks
July 7th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I learned to fly like a pro.... I shot down Andy a few times yesterday. :stick

You don't want a piece of this! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/mindwerks/emotes/fight.gif

LOL

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 7th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Mindwerks completed the course in one day. A stellar pupil. And now the pupil has become the master. So when you coming out with your book Mindwerks. "How to backstab your teacher in less than 24 hours" You bastage!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 7th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Darren fix my BF sig stat and medal thingy majiggy. To hell with the anniversary, do it now.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 7th, 2005, 09:27 AM
hahah...See Andy now you know why Onji will not release his secrets...the silent Yoda

LA_MERC_BS
July 8th, 2005, 02:29 PM
My name is Simon and I took Andyconda’s School Of Flight. After the second week, Flying Ace “Andy Conda” told me I was ready to take to the air. He put me in a trainer helicopter. Andy told me that he had enough faith in me to let me fly solo. Andy filmed my first flight from the ground as I took to the air.

My first Flight (http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00639.wmv)

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
OMG LMAO It even looks like the ole airbus!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 13th, 2005, 07:21 AM
I have to tip my hat to Andy. The man is freakin teflon!! Ran out of ammo so I decided to ram him. Came down right on top of him and skidded off the rotor blades, Andy with the kill!! I raise my glass and salute you!

Though I must say barrel rolls in a helo are just da*n fun!!!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 13th, 2005, 08:07 AM
hehehe....and believe it or not Dirge, Andy did get 2 kills in the blackhawk...as the pilot!!...hax

LA_MERC_BS
July 13th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Though I must say barrel rolls in a helo are just da*n fun!!!!

I got in a helicopter last night with Andy. After a few minutes Andy says " Get ready to jump out BS just in case something goes wrong, I'm gona do the barrel roll". My first response was DO WHAT !!! I started rambling on about how I didn't sign up for this ride and make sure to hit something hard, because I don't want to limp away from the crash, but no one heard me due to my 50 cent mic I'm using.

LA_MERC_BS
July 13th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Oh I forgot about the dissapearing Pilot incident. I'm the gunner, Andy is flying the helicopter, I'm sitting there just having a good ole time shooting anything that even resembles a man, when all of the sudden I hear "umm, hey BS I'm not flying buddy, I bailed out. You better learn how to fly really quick. Good luck." I think I hit F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, until I finally looked down and found the F1 button. I got in the pilot seat and suddenly I felt a scence of ease as I was now going to be able to limp the broken chopper back to safety when BOOM, AA rocket to the butt.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 13th, 2005, 09:14 AM
LMAO...no no Jerry I believe Andy was shot out of the chopper...the ole bullet in the teef eject.

I do think Andy and BS make a dynamic duo with their story telling...DO WHAT!!...LMAO

MindWerks
July 13th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Last night was rough for flying on the Gulf of Oman map... at least on that foreign server.

Between Diesel, Dirge and the other pilot it went something like:

(spawn)
LA_MERC_Diesel [Artilery] Mindwerks
(spawn)
LA_MERC_Dirge [F-15] Mindwerks
(spawn)
Other_guy [F-15] MindWerks
*repeat*

Not a good day for flying at all. The salt in the wound was watching my missles head right for the pilots then at the last minute take some crazy jig jaggy path when they got close and miss them. One even took a 90 degree turn and hit a friendly helicopter. LOL

(sigh)
I hope today is better.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 13th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah it twas a bit laggy there.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 13th, 2005, 11:53 AM
LMFAO, Yeah Skits and I were in one hell of a helo duel last night. Both spinning gunning, turning, and even watched Skits do a freakin barrel roll in the cobra. I was like "Well ain't gonna follow him into that maneuver" So I decide to tuck tail and run as I too was out of ammo. I get a little bit away and all of a sudden the cockpit shakes violently and the screen says "You killed Skitsvelvet" I was like "Yeah Buddy take that". Come to find out Skitz does the old if you can't shoot'em Ram'em maneuver and somehow I guess since I'm 6'4" 240 pouds of twisted steel and pure sex appeal the computer realizes I win the chicken match. LOL Funny stuff. Also BS, I was shot out, I wouldn't bail on you like that Buddy. From my point of view I'm hovering along watching the fireworks display of you guning them down when all of a sudden I'm looking at you in a third person shot realizing there's no one in the driver's seat any more and the helo starts doing turning slightly, but the funny part was you were still shooting bad guys layin'em out before I say "Hey Buddy, FYI, No one's flying the copter stud. But you kept killing bad guys, I said Hey Buddy, FYI, you're going down I'm no longer in the pilots seat. And Although I couldn't hear you I'm sure your reply was "What, If you're gone who's flying, WTF, Can't believe that jackass would just leave a brother like that and not say anyhting. I laughed hard watching you switch back and forth a few times from gunner to pilot seat before recovering and finally I see you sabalize the helo and a second later BOOM you get AA'd. Man that game is fun. I be on tonight again. I can't wait for the LAN to play this.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 13th, 2005, 01:13 PM
well "Stud"
I think the armour on the blackhawk had more to do than you "twisted sex" in the copter...er what are you and BS doing in there??
ole Skitz is no small boy, he is 6-4 to 6-5 270lbs of twisted brians and pure hand sex appeal :p:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 13th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Details, details, details.

LA_MERC_BS
July 13th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Well if there is anyone who needs to be nervious in the trio, I guess it's me. I'm only 6-0 and 220. I thought I heard one of them in the chopper say " you got a purdy mouth ...boy". I'll have to change my ejection key to my mouse 1 button.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 13th, 2005, 05:04 PM
LMFAO I'm ready for the LAN!

Biggs
July 13th, 2005, 06:14 PM
dude i have perfected the art of the blackhawk flag capture. scores see about 130 points per round. only probelm....i get shot out of the helo about every 40 points. with small arms fire to boot. wtf!

when the patch comes out and i can play with you guys, you gotta get on the blackhawks mini guns.......dude my clanmate racked up like 40 kills and 3 deaths just gunning. sweet i tell ya....sweet!

Big_ch33se
July 13th, 2005, 07:28 PM
You guys got me splittin at the sides dawgin out my bro, spark. I will have to buy the game just to spectate and lmao at spark splattin himself against his own cockpit :shootme:
:jk2

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 13th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah, we been playing around with the blackhawk technique. We see similar stats on the gunners. Not got a 130 as pilot yet. Have gotten 48 while going 0 an 2 on deaths

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 13th, 2005, 10:36 PM
We amy have to go to the unpatched version as well as findding a server is sooo hard now...argh, any word on the dates of the fix?

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 14th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Roger that. I vote to go back to unpatched. Last night was fun but the LAG sucked!! Servers are definitely getting hard to find.
I gotta say though it's a pretty thing with two Blackhawks inbound with gunners. Orbiting around a CP with Dirge in one Blackhawk and Me in the other was freakin cool!

Biggs
July 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM
yeah loaded up a a black hawk and the cobra on clean sweap and we pwned! the nubs on the other team kept trying to kick us cuase there stats were like 1 kill and 46 deaths.

we also helped a guy get the purple heart, i dont know if thats a good thing?

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2005, 09:34 AM
...Onji....no I cannot do it...:stick

Biggs how is the unpatched servers, are they staying up and they seem to be all going that way.
Has anyone heard any info on the hotfix from EA?

LA_MERC_BS
July 14th, 2005, 09:38 AM
So are we reinstalling or are we staying with the patch?

LA_MERC_Onji
July 14th, 2005, 10:02 AM
i shall never reinstall! nevaar! lol

SnAkEbItE
July 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Did some one say "Purdy Mouth?", I thought that was my line....:(

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2005, 10:10 AM
:dunno:
I say reinstall unless EA says the hot fix is upon us.
redoing the controls is fun!!! :p:

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 14th, 2005, 10:19 AM
I wanna stay with Onji! With my luck a re-install would re-format my machine, blow my new PSU and set my house on fire.

Biggs
July 14th, 2005, 10:22 AM
you do not have to redo controls or anything as they stay with your account.

LA_MERC_Spark
July 14th, 2005, 10:25 AM
LMAO @ Dirge! bwahahahahaha!

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2005, 11:18 AM
you do not have to redo controls or anything as they stay with your account.

Cool...I am with the Corporal on this, finding a decent server was horrible last night, and any of the 10 decent foreign servers have the auto balance on.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Ok, so is this a formal go ahead with the reinstall

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2005, 11:20 AM
BTW Biggs what was your 2nd unlocked weapon?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2005, 11:21 AM
When are the stats going to be back up

MindWerks
July 14th, 2005, 11:23 AM
ok, so go with the reinstall?

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I think everyone should, because at first it was just the EA servers....now all the good clan and server host sites are doing it to, so now the only thing left to play on is the trash servers, or a small handfull of good ones that will be nearly impossible to get everyone on???

Seems like an easy call to me, I definately do not want to do it, but 5 min of heartache is not bad....hopefully...Dirge, well I do not know what to do with you :stick

LA_MERC_Drifter
July 14th, 2005, 11:51 AM
I reinstalled right after the update that the patch was fubar. Brent is correct that you do not have to redo controls as long as you don't check the little box to delete your profile...hehehe

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Dirge are you sure you are not like the 5th Fantastic-4 guy...like man made of electro-magnets and computer stuff, did you accidently get magnified at Cedar Point with Reed.

Biggs
July 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM
my second unlocked weapon was the medics gun. i only play engi though so i hardly use it, its ok i guess.

oh and for you tank guys, after about an hour with the (BP) clan we figured out how to destroy the m1a1 abrams and the t90 with one shot to the front.

the shot is great. if you are dead on , booom, if oyu are really close it will deop the ememy tank to the red with 3 bars left and if you are kinda close it with take 1/2 strenght off.

each tank has a different spot to aim for and the t90 as 2 spots. let me know if you guys want this intel.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2005, 04:08 PM
ummmm...yeah what are the weak spots?

Biggs
July 14th, 2005, 04:36 PM
ok ok ok, your gonna have to earn this piece of pwnage intel. if i you find one of the 2 spots on the t90 i will tell all. or i might just tell ya next time we play.

LA_MERC_Onji
July 14th, 2005, 04:51 PM
2nd option is looking better lol

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 15th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Cmon Brent we all want to be leet tankers like you. I've been trying to figure it out but so far I'm a 2 shot man.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 15th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Well I know that if you catch the T-90 right in between the turret and chasis it will pop it. I have had success twice now on hitting it right in that sweet spot an each time they have exploded. It is a tad hard to hit it just right. The first time was luck and I just happened to catch it as it came over a ridge with it's main gun up. The second time just kinda fell into my lap. I was sitting in an abrams parked on the 64 Player Gulf of Oman map in the lower right spawn point. Dude came flyin up the hill and stopped short. I guess he didn't see me and he turned his attention away towards the next spawn point. I lined him up and KABLUEY!!! Caought him on the left side just between the turret and body. He and I were spaced apart a good bit and it appeared that he showed no damage ie smoke, etc...

Biggs
July 15th, 2005, 08:09 AM
well then skits, we got 3 spots on the t90! we can got to an empty server on ygds unranked andi will show ya.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 15th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Schweet!!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 15th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Ok Biggs, I'm laying oput my tips and tricks as these are my clan mates, but from what I've seen the weakest point on the tanks is the back of the turret. Until recently I've been trying to hit the back body as I was always told in real life that is the weakest part of the tank. In BF2 though it seems the body goes by a 4,3,3,2 hit kill matrix for tank rounds but the top goes by 3,2,2,1. Number system meaning, front, side, side, back. I think the second weak spot your talking about is the top of the turret. I have hit tanks from helo with rockets and seen only one rocket (the tank may have already been wounded but it wasn't smoking) hit the tank but BOOM it went kaboey.

Biggs
July 16th, 2005, 01:30 PM
rgr tht. on the miai abrams the camera system on the top left on the turret will do it in one shot. aim for the piece of meal that divides the two lenses. as for the t90 the easiest spot is on the top of the turret where the machine gunner sits. you want to hit the spot where the machine is connectec to the turret, the bracket deal, and the second spot is right between 2 boxes directly above the main cannon. it takes a while to find the spot but if you practice it it will become easy.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 16th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Awsome brent. I've been trying for the turret to body connection but so far zero flying turrets. I'm getting better in the tank and hopefully this will make me a better tanker. Did you guys check if the APC guns hitting those spots were also 1 shot kills?

Biggs
July 16th, 2005, 05:21 PM
nah, didnt check with the LAV's but i know the tow missiles will blow it in one shot from just about any where so possible the missiles on the LAV could do the trick.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 16th, 2005, 05:49 PM
The TOW is pretty bad, just wish it responded a little earlier to my adjustments. I'll check out the LAV's on tanks. I usually end up in a LAV as all the tanks are gone by the time I spawn in.

Biggs
July 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM
you know whats funny, i one shoted this guy twice yesterday at karkand and he said "dude stop the one shot stuff its unfair" so i think to myself, the intel is easy to get if you just look for it, and its part of the game anyway. so i think i just put the ball in my court is all. this guy keep whinning like the pwned nub he was.

beware though, i came across some other clan guys and they have already pickup on the one shot kill. we got into a tank fight and both went up in one shot, as we shot a about the same time.

oh and if anyone knows how to read code, maybe they could look at the tanks codes and see if there are any more locations that will make the tank go boom. just an idea, cheap, but will give us the advantage.

also, in bf1942 the way to get a one shot kill was the hit the left front track and the shot would register twice and blow the tank. so be on the look out for stuff like that.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 17th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I believe I have perfected the barrel roll into Immelmann while flying any of the Attack Helos. I was practicing yesterday and this morning offline. After many crashes I finally got the hang of it. Attack Helos can do Immelmann's, transports can not. I can barely do a barrel roll in the blackhawk without losing a lot of power and falling closer to the ground. Good thing I am praticing these moves offlline...

MindWerks
July 18th, 2005, 06:54 AM
I found that their are a couple of spots in the wheel well where I can one shot LAV's with a tank. I haven't exactly worked it out yet, but even an LAV hitting them in that area seems to do more damage.

I've been able to one shot some tanks, but can't do it on command yet.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
July 19th, 2005, 11:16 PM
you know whats funny, i one shoted this guy twice yesterday at karkand and he said "dude stop the one shot stuff its unfair" so i think to myself, the intel is easy to get if you just look for it, and its part of the game anyway. so i think i just put the ball in my court is all. this guy keep whinning like the pwned nub he was.

beware though, i came across some other clan guys and they have already pickup on the one shot kill. we got into a tank fight and both went up in one shot, as we shot a about the same time.

oh and if anyone knows how to read code, maybe they could look at the tanks codes and see if there are any more locations that will make the tank go boom. just an idea, cheap, but will give us the advantage.

also, in bf1942 the way to get a one shot kill was the hit the left front track and the shot would register twice and blow the tank. so be on the look out for stuff like that.

The more known it gets, the quicker it will be patched. I mean, being able to shoot a machine gun mount and doing more damage than a direct hit is just silly. I hope EA does fix it soon.

Biggs
July 20th, 2005, 08:55 AM
nah, i think its there for a reason. i mean in 1942 they had similar things. for example on the russian tank is what the same spot on the turret machine gun mount. ea didnt fix tha and the one shot worked since a year or two ago. i heard they put those spots in on purpose. my 2 cents anyway. i could be wrong though.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 20th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Still can't hit those spots. I need to ride shotgun with you brent so I can see where your talking about. Ofcourse my aim aint too great either which is most of my problem.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 20th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Shennanigans. C4 has to be weakened against tanks. and tanks especuially the M1A1 should not be killed with one shot except by and armour piercing hellfire round. Definately not C4 since the plastic in not incase it wouldn't penetrate armour.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 20th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I agree, maybe you need to be able to select your tank shell, kinda like you choose your weapon as infantry? hey that would be cool. But the C4 is friggin' retarded. It is in no way shaped and should not flat out destroy a tank or any hardened armor vehicle.

Biggs
July 21st, 2005, 09:03 AM
i have to srongly agree with the crappiness of c4, "c" standing for crap of course.

so i am driving down the streets of karkand blowing the crap out of those silly iraqis and wtf! some nub spec ops guys chucks c4 from the roof top across the street and it land infront of my freshly paint m1a1 abrams, boom, wtf!

biggs screams " i fin hate nub spec ops" and beats computer with but of shotgun. then what aggervates me even more are the suicide spec ops nubs, bah noob they should get negative 10 or something.

but seriously, i have a few suggestion that i think ea should incorporate into the spec ops class commonly know as the "nub ops"

here they are:
1. c4 takes longer to prime, just as the mines must be primed, and they shouldn't stick on vehicles when thrown but need to placed on vehicles and the placing should take like 3 seconds per pack or so.

2. it should take 3 c4s to blow tank instead of one retarded little stick.

3. spec ops class should get a negative score when they suicide bomb. cus that is just annoying.

4. and finally, if c4 is laying on the ground 10 yards from the tank or lav it shouldnt do any damage.

MindWerks
July 21st, 2005, 09:58 AM
Anytime you suicide you get -1 kill and -2 support +1 death, so unless you suicide consecutive targets with 2 or more people then you end up losing score wise.

I do agree that C4 should take longer to plant and the C4 packs should be able to be disarmed or rendered useless by shooting them or other means. It would even be more realistic as C4 cannot explode from bullet hits but they can hit the reciever rendering it useless. C4 packs shouldn't be able to stick to jets or other fast moving craft, since when did C4 packs come with crazy glue.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 21st, 2005, 12:03 PM
True Dat

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 21st, 2005, 12:10 PM
No, no, not super glue, double sided tape....

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 21st, 2005, 10:51 PM
I see you Skits, sportin that shiney basic pistol award. I aint too good with a pistol, just ask anyone who played CS with me. I'm still workin on my knife one, last time I said I had 28 when I really only had 22. But I'm up to 42 now, Karkand and Maashtur city are good knifin maps. 4 in a round is my best so far, but if I could get some friends to distract the enemy and me work behind them. Let the K-bar shine boys!

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 22nd, 2005, 05:57 AM
frick, him and diesel have both pisto land knife. hackers!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 22nd, 2005, 09:13 AM
Now that I look at all Skits' awards your right that mofo has a the knife one too. Freakin hax0rs! You two need to try going to work once in a while.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 22nd, 2005, 10:38 AM
I just got basic knife but so far it's not showing in BFHQ. Hopefully it's not one of those that somehow don't show up. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times.

Karkand on a 64 player server may be the best but for the explosive ordanance badge too. I was messing with it a little and people tend to mass near the front of the map. So you throw some c4 over the fences on them and blow them to pieces. I got 7 or 8 kills that way but you need 13 to get the badge. It can be done.

Biggs
July 22nd, 2005, 11:26 AM
i got the knife and pistol badge by having duals with clanmates. we would meet at a location and both have our pistol of knife out and rdy.

we would then say go and do battle.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 22nd, 2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah, Skitz and Diesel definately didn't earn those the old fashioned way. I could hack and get mine the same way but I'm gonna earn mine the old fashioned way. Getting wasted on a 64 man map. I have had two rounds where I got 6 pistol kills. Lets just say I was pissed both times. Oh well, 3rd times a charm.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 22nd, 2005, 12:01 PM
That is what me and Skitz did, Iknow all the basi medal secrets..HAX!!
;)

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 22nd, 2005, 12:06 PM
Yeah but not all my knife kills were from Diesel.

One guy ran right by me and jumped on a TOW. I walked up to him from behind and whack knife to the back.

Next guy didn't see me an ran right to the TOW, whack got him too...

Third guy spawned and ran into the building followed him in and whack...

It's not hard to get the kills you just have to find the idiots...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
Pretty much...I did Karkand 3 rounds before I got it. I'd spawn at the left artillery as USMC and swing around the left side for some knifin in the back. Another awsome spot on Karkand is on the right side of the main USMC road there's a small alcove facing the US side. I hid in there and got 3 knife kills when people were trying to rush up the hill and lay down. Well I just laid down beside them and shanked them. Also another hax is BF2 has the same screwups modelwise as CS. Where when you lad down next to a fence your feet stick threw the fence and you can kill them with a stick in the foot. Just think how pissed that guy was when he saw a knife kill...twice and didn't see anyone. It was great until he figured it out and put the ole SAW in my face.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 22nd, 2005, 01:51 PM
It's been 3 or 4 hours since I got it and it's not showing up in BFHQ yet. I'm going to be really pissed if it didn't work because threw the 4 rounds I played there I had 15 or 16 knife kills. Which would put me close to the veteran knife badge.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 22nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah ya got to stay off of the walls most definitely. I have killed a few people who had their foot or other appendage break the plane of a solid object. Happens a lot in corners too.

Biggs
July 22nd, 2005, 06:07 PM
i think the dualing method is fair. and it makes for a fun exchange of fire. bunny hopping will aggervate the crap out of you though.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 22nd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Well it's been 12 hours and it's STILL not showing any of the points, stats, or my knife award I got today. I know it was a ranked server because I only check ranked servers to play on. That's enough to make you mad though, I played for a little over an hour today and NONE of my points registered. I had to get my basic anti-tank award 4 times before it finally registered, but that's about the only time I've had trouble with points not being recorded. Must just be some servers that aren't working correctly or something.

Biggs
July 23rd, 2005, 12:07 AM
dont worry it will show up tommorrow, i promise. ea will update the list once a day i think. but maybe not, if you were playing on an unranked cracked out server of course.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 23rd, 2005, 12:24 AM
Ahh Richard you hax. Me, Skitz, and Exiles get on around midnight on a server and dominate. I mean we are kicking the crap aout of these guys. I'm atop with over a hundred points. Right at the end of the round the admin kicks me for ownage. Me and exiles get kicked. By the time I get back in Skitz has passed me up with double commander points to take my gold away and give this crappy silver. On top of that , he and exiles and screaming the whole time I get this award, I got that award, I got this ribbon , I got that ribbon. I'm saying to myslef well atleast I got gold, NOT. Richard hax. The man didn't even have the common courtesy to give me a reach around with a *@*&ing like that.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 23rd, 2005, 12:38 AM
LOL! Actually Andy and Skits got kicked along with the other nub who joined our squad. I was the only person who got to stay. I got the basic repair award, meritous unit award, combat action award, and the bronze for the map. Skits 114, Andy 109, exiles 86ish, gold, silver and bronze for the map. Total domination. I think Skits got his basic commander award and the staff officer ribbon. Andy gets the ole silver again. Hell even Onji got a gold earlier tonight. Keep pluggin away Andy, it just wasn't your time.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 23rd, 2005, 12:52 AM
Yep I got das boot right along with ya Andy! Dudes were getting smoked! Some people just can't handle having their A*#@* handed to them.

I got the basic command, Some officer ribbon and the Gold. I couldn't have gotten it if it weren't for Andy and Exile! Thanks also to all the little people I had to stand on to receive such an honor. I think I will wear this gold star next to my Pistol Badge, Knife Badge and my other gold and silver stars!!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 23rd, 2005, 06:44 AM
LMAO....
Andy did we tell you the story where Dirge got a gold star with....6 points...lmao
we just start a round and jump into the ole f-15, me and him, He drops a bomb...kaaapluwee...2 kills...I get 2 kill assit...all of a sudden admin map change...Dirge wins gold with 6...I think, thn like 10 of us tie for 2nd with 2 points...lol
We were thinking of you the whole time..
nice to see you and Skitz actually getting more kills than deaths :stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 25th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Can't, too busy crying.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 25th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Didn't get to keep my knife award, freakin server hax. Earlier today I played a little just before we were getting ready to leave. Naturally I'm doing really well and had to leave before the round was over but I was 25 and 0 with 83 points when my wife was like "lets go." If it's not servers haxin me it's the ole wife hax. Tanks are becoming my best friend in this game. Thanks brent for your knowledge of tankerdom, riding with you the other night taught me a few things about being a good tanker. Keep moving while your taking CP's, and don't be afraid to get to a safe site to repair your tank and come back with a vengence!

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 26th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Talk about Wife Hax! On Sunday, just when things were startin to get good, BAM!, wife hax...

...come spend time with me... wife speak for "sit next to me on the couch and watch TV shows you care nothing about"

....must control FIST of DEATH!!!! argh....!!!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 26th, 2005, 12:05 PM
LOL, I get that all the time too Skitz. I can't wait to finish my media PC then I can split screen and use half the HDTV as monitor to play online while she sits next to me watching TV, woohoo.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==