LA_MERC_Dirge
July 5th, 2005, 05:36 PM
w00t November is good for three reasons:

1) The weather is cooler
2) Football season is well underway
3) Hurricane season is over!

pffffff

Radar image:
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalWide.asp?loc=kmsy&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=RegionalRadarLoop&prodnav=none

Storm path:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/223229.shtml?3day?large

w00t Hold onto your butts!

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM
BTW I should be playing a lot of BF2 while staying up with the storm to keep an eye on flooding, wind damage, etc. As long as we have power that is! lol

Wish us in NOLA luck!

Dangit Henk, you escaped this one! hehe

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 5th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry Robby, ever since I moved to the gulf coast I have attracked numerous hurricanes and created the most active season last year and the first season this year to see 4 named storms this early. They also track me so sorry it will have to go thru NOLA to get to LA (Lower Alabama).

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 6th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Update:

Well, the forecasters sure could use some work. I am 99% sure the eye passed over my house about 2:30 AM or so as everything went from hell on earth to calm and serene and back to crazyness again. All in all, we made out alright, several small limbs down and various debris in the yard. No trees down in my yard, but the neigbors were hit pretty good. Winds were at least 60 mph if not stronger. At one point it took my entire body weight to shut the front door after going out to check on thigs. I need coffee, it's been a long night.

LA_MERC_Drifter
July 6th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Glad to hear you made it through with out any flooding or damage Dirge.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 6th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Well she's gone from Dirge to me. Last night wasn't to bad, just a little wind and rain. Woke up this morning to sideways rain. Cool part was I didn't have to walk to my truck. Just opened umbrella and away I went, woohoo. Drug me like, well zero feet as I'm 240 pounds but it sure did bend my umbrella back to a funny shape. It was a job keeping my big arse truck on the road. All that lift kit and big tires makes for a horrible low coefficient of drag and the wind was blowing me all over the place. Lets just say several peeps honked at me this morning. I simply yelled back, "OUT OF THE WAY, PECK" hehehehehe. Cindy sure is still packing a punch. I just hope Denise doesn't come this way. One a week is plenty. Signing off, your local Hurricane magnet, ANDYCONDA.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 6th, 2005, 09:00 AM
"GET OFF MY ROAD, BEEYOTCH!!!!"

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 6th, 2005, 09:26 AM
hehehe

Yeah the yukon was not much better this morning crossing the 5 mile bridge...
I was a blow'n and a go'n...

LA_MERC_Spark
July 6th, 2005, 06:05 PM
The tree in my front yard fell on my neighbor's car! DOH! She came knocking on my door at 7:00 AM and said "Your tree feel on my car!" to witch i responded "uummmmmm OK?".. I looked outside and there it was...on her car...

Big_ch33se
July 6th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Not much to tell. No damage other than a few torn roof shingles. Pretty windy and rainy, but nuthin really compared to the hurricanes probably still to come.

the noxious
July 7th, 2005, 02:07 AM
we had more damage at my house, during a routine storm that passed through the other day, not even related to the tropical storms.
a tree decided "hey, let me take out out neighbors fence".
i was outside when it happened, and it sounded like guns going off, i stood their frozen thinking someone was gonna shoot me, then i realized it was a tree.
so yeah, im worried about the upcoming hurricanes.

HENK
July 7th, 2005, 05:51 AM
damn ,not having internet has been a ***** i see.i don't even freaking know if my place is still there ?!i didn't even know that there was a hurricane ,damn technology.
glad to hear that you all made it through allright ,and yeah leave some for me :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==