PDA

View Full Version : Alright.. Final straw has been NUKED!

LA_MERC_Spark
June 24th, 2005, 03:15 PM
This has got to be the worst bit of crap I've seen yet.. This country is slowly being transformed into something other than what the founding fathers envisioned. Basiclly.. If you own property it is only because the government ALLOWS you to own it.. When ever they decide that it can make more money for them by say ...being condos or a shopping mall the supreme court says you are screwed.. here's what we SAY it's worth.. now take the money and get out.. I just DO NOT why everyone in this country is not breathing down the necks of these bass turds in office... I just REALLY can't believe it. :madd

http://boortz.com/nuze/200506/06242005.html#property_rights

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
It's called Communism and we are getting closer and closer

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 24th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I think if a developer wanted my small property and used this technique, He wouldn't make it long enough to talk to his congressman...but he would get his name up on the AMBER alert board.

that community should find out where the developer lives and use the same method by going to the goverment with a plan for development that would increase the tax value by 50x current. see how he likes it then...

LA_MERC_Spark
June 24th, 2005, 06:06 PM
yeah...and lets remeber here guy... this is the supreme court! sad...just plain sad.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 24th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Well if you read the entier article one of the 8 states that severly limit eminent domain rights on the state and local level is South Carolina.... that makes me feel a little bit better... I was afraid some land developer was going to show up at my house tommorow and offer me 500 $ for my 9 acres of land...

LA_MERC_CS Widow
June 25th, 2005, 06:10 AM
You also have to remember that it's not in a politicians best interest to pull such bonehead moves. For one, he'd cut his own throat for re-election. Two, his days of climbing the political ladder would cease to exsist. There isn't a politician out there that doesn't have himself at the hed of the line when it comes to "the good of the people". I don't know about elsewhere in the U.S., but in California, it would only take one or two instances and the media would be all over the story like white on rice.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 25th, 2005, 08:23 AM
It's actually kinda scarey how some of Communism has creeped into our society. I thought we were based on freedom and choice? If someone doens't use their freedom and choose to save for retirement why should I have to pay for them? Heck I'm only 26 and I've been planning for my retirement for 4 years now. If other people can't put a little aside by the time they are 60 or 70 years old that's there own dumbness.

That's my Social Security rant for the day, which is a blatant part of Communism in our country.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 29th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Just got a news update on the topic:

Not trying to make a point: A developer has begun the process to seize Supreme Court Justice David Souter's home for a hotel development, a move that comes after the Souter and four other justices ruled this week it was OK for government to seize private property for ecomomic development. Logan Darrow Clements wants Souter's house in the Towne of Weare, N.H., to build the The Lost Liberty Hotel that will feature the Just Desserts Caf?. "This is not a prank" said Clements. "The Towne of Weare has five people on the Board of Selectmen. If three of them vote to use the power of eminent domain to take this land from Mr. Souter, we can begin our hotel development."

LA_MERC_Spark
June 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM
yeah... i was gonna post a link yesturday but didn't.. anyway here it is

http://www.freenation.tv/hotellostliberty2.html

Very funny I say!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 29th, 2005, 01:08 PM
would be better if they didn't stop there. should find everyone one of his family members out to 1st cousin. then do the same thing for each of their homes. Attacking him is one thing, but if you go after his whole family and show the potential that they would all have to get out of their homes.....he would be screaming for a special session (the court just ajourned for a 3 mth period) to overturn the rulling.

LA_MERC_BS
June 29th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Here's something that will chapp your shiney hiney. In our city we have a large portion of sanctuary land that can never be developed due to the 6 swamp chickens that live there. I’m not talking about a few acres, it’s more like 15 square miles of prime industrial and commercial land along Interstate 10. My office mate just told me that he lives in a neighborhood that surrounds a golf course. He, his family and his neighbors may all have to move to make way for some new condo’s. They’ll get market value on his year old house, but he is still faced with finding somewhere else to live. The birds, who were relocated to the area from somewhere in south Texas, get to stay and keep their newly acquired land. The birds are part of a city scam to designate our city as a major bird sanctuary in hopes of drawing tourist to our area. Something just doesn’t sound right about that.

MindWerks
June 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Press Release
For Release Monday, June 27 to New Hampshire media
For Release Tuesday, June 28 to all other media

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

Justice Souter's vote in the "Kelo vs. City of New London" decision allows city governments to take land from one private owner and give it to another if the government will generate greater tax revenue or other economic benefits when the land is developed by the new owner.

On Monday June 27, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a request to Chip Meany the code enforcement officer of the Towne of Weare, New Hampshire seeking to start the application process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road. This is the present location of Mr. Souter's home.

Clements, CEO of Freestar Media, LLC, points out that the City of Weare will certainly gain greater tax revenue and economic benefits with a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road than allowing Mr. Souter to own the land.

The proposed development, called "The Lost Liberty Hotel" will feature the "Just Desserts Café" and include a museum, open to the public, featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America. Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged."

Clements indicated that the hotel must be built on this particular piece of land because it is a unique site being the home of someone largely responsible for destroying property rights for all Americans.

"This is not a prank" said Clements, "The Towne of Weare has five people on the Board of Selectmen. If three of them vote to use the power of eminent domain to take this land from Mr. Souter we can begin our hotel development."

Clements' plan is to raise investment capital from wealthy pro-liberty investors and draw up architectural plans. These plans would then be used to raise investment capital for the project. Clements hopes that regular customers of the hotel might include supporters of the Institute For Justice and participants in the Free State Project among others.

# # #

Logan Darrow Clements
Freestar Media, LLC

the noxious
June 29th, 2005, 05:03 PM
who's with me? im moving to australia.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 29th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Gotta work on me accicent first there mate. It's a bute.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 30th, 2005, 07:52 AM
I just don’t get it... The day some fool tries to throw me off my land that I worked so damm hard for, is the day I file for succession from the union and declare my 9 acres the separated state of “Parkers Land ".

Then if anyone that has not filed for legal entry into my sovereign state will be shot on site.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 30th, 2005, 09:18 AM
:stupid

Biggs
August 16th, 2005, 10:37 AM
wtf kind of bs is this crap! these monkeys cant do this! cant take my land. if this ever happens to me u betta believe i am sitting in my living room with my ar-15, 12 guage and my 45. those land stealling comies will pay the utilmate price for my home. thats right they all gonna die!

this pisses me off. wth! how can we just let this happen? bah bah bah!

gessh, grrrrrrr. i have nothing intelligent to say about this issue except that it is a load of butt poo.

the noxious
August 16th, 2005, 01:19 PM
how is it we didn't ge to vote on this?
it's wrong.
but hey, people voted these people in to power, so what can you do?
this is why i chose NOT to vote.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Supreme Court is appointed by the President and approved by the Senate. So technically we voted them in, but really we vote in the Pres. and the Senate, you only get to vote for 2 of those Senators out of 100.

Your vote counts!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 21st, 2005, 02:06 PM
Just read this and I agree with Biggs[r]. As matter of fact, i think I would take vacation to help take potshots at these oppressive piles of steaming hippopotamus excrement. What kind of pompous arrogant donkeys think they can sit behind armed guards telling us they actually own our land. Do we all feel like Native Americans.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==