PDA

View Full Version : Getting ran over....

MindWerks
June 21st, 2005, 10:42 AM
I hate getting run over... for some reason its just humiliating to get run over by some buggy you can't dodge. Its one of the reasons why I'm always an engineer or a special ops. I'll see the car whip around the corner and start heading right for me... then when they are committed I'll drop a mine or C4 between us while I'm high tailing it away.

I've done that 2-3 times successfully and I must say that they are (for some reason) the most satisfying kills. LOL

What are some of your favorite tactics for taking out the enemy.

LA_MERC_Spark
June 21st, 2005, 11:07 AM
I prefer the wounded heli outa control splat technique.. though people were somewhat disappointed with the results as most of the deaths were on my team. Funny though... I somehow always managed to bail out just b4 impact! lol! :D

MindWerks
June 21st, 2005, 11:14 AM
I've tried bailing out just before impact... I either get hit in the blades and die, parachute didn't deploy or the helicopter lands on me.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 21st, 2005, 11:39 AM
I took out a helicopter and a mig with supply drops before

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 21st, 2005, 12:45 PM
HAX!!!
LMAO Toby...:laugh:
yeah me and Andy got took out by Artillery in a Mig the other day.
:(

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM
HAX!!!
LMAO Toby...:laugh:
yeah me and Andy got took out by Artillery in a Mig the other day.
:(

Yeah, I did that to... lol..

LA_MERC_Spark
June 21st, 2005, 01:45 PM
The damn controls are piss poor.. you can NOT set mouse axis 0_0_0 to control yaw.. That is the way I have the controls set up for BF1942 and BFV.. Don't even mention the fix posted in the other thread.. it does not work for this.. The problem is in common controls... If you delete the entry you have no mouse function on the map so you can't select a spwan point. Even if you reinsert the lines.. I spent all night last night trying to correct it.. POS :madd

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 21st, 2005, 02:07 PM
sounds like your going to be a grunt

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 21st, 2005, 02:16 PM
James, I believe its the Indian and not the Arrow, becasue I hooked up my joystick and simply moved joystick back and forth to set pitch, then right to left for roll, then used top hat buttons to set yaw. No fixes whats so ever. What exactly is your problem. It was very easy for me to readjust controls. I fly very well and the controls were easy to set up. If you lay off the Vodka for 2 secs you might be lucid enough to do it.

SgtJeff
July 6th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Andy, what joystick do you have? I am going to get the game and am wondering if it is worth it. A buddy out here says for flying, it is the only way.

aCiD
July 6th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Where do you all play mainly?

MindWerks
July 6th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Usually several people get on Teamspeak and we then choose a server and play on that one.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 6th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah you can check out the player locator, that was posted by bren in another thread to find us.

LA_MERC_Onji
July 6th, 2005, 07:29 AM
whoa

http://www.bayou.com/~darren/ts.gif

SgtJeff
July 10th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Andy, what joystick do you have? I am going to get the game and am wondering if it is worth it. A buddy out here says for flying, it is the only way.

Oh yeah, Andy :stu still waitin?????

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 10th, 2005, 08:32 AM
He and I both use the Logitech Attack 3. He sets his up to use both hands on the joystick, I just switch my right hand from mouse to joystick.

Biggs
July 10th, 2005, 10:28 AM
i hate c4!

MrBill
July 11th, 2005, 01:14 PM
What is really fun is strapping some C4 to an enemy jet or chopper, the letting it sail of into the wild blue wonder then watching that orange glow of it exploding over the horizon-- a great site :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM
C4 is for commies...
:stick
us armor guys HATE C4!!

lol

MindWerks
July 11th, 2005, 02:35 PM
The annoying ones are the ones that strap a ton of C4 to their buggy and then ram you with it setting off the C4.

It's usually only a big problem for the APC's as they can't one hit the cars. You are lucky if you get that close to me in a buggy if I'm in a T90. LOL

LA_MERC_Onji
July 11th, 2005, 02:45 PM
The annoying ones are the ones that strap a ton of C4 to their buggy and then ram you with it setting off the C4.

It's usually only a big problem for the APC's as they can't one hit the cars. You are lucky if you get that close to me in a buggy if I'm in a T90. LOL

omg!! the carbombers! i hate em. happened so much this weekend. and they kill themselves too. suicide runs. I dont see what they get out of it lol

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 11th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah but its a great feelin to run backover the beeyotch before he plants it on the tank!! I caught three guys this weekend like that. Thought they had me then, SMUSH!!!

Thank you Mister Unsuspecting Spec Op C-4 Bomber!! For without you my kill count wouldn't go up!

(think "Real Men of Genius" Budweiser Commercial theme music, when reading the above)

MindWerks
July 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I'll admit I do suicide runs.... but only if I'm in a jet and I see a transport heli and my missles miss.

Most of the time my one death is rewarded with 3-6 kills. Worth it in my mind.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
hahaha....I am with Onji I do not see the truth in suicide bombings...just makes me mad, and I hunt them down harder

LA_MERC_BS
July 12th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Look at those ribbons, That has to be Ribbon Hax if there ever was one

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 12th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Don't mock what you don't understand! lol

LA_MERC_BS
July 12th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Oh I see, it's a conspiracy. I call foul ribbon display on the double D's

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
July 12th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah you don't see the Blown out of the Sky ribbon...

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 12th, 2005, 03:33 PM
har har Even a dog's butt gets sunshine sometimes Skittles

LA_MERC_BS
July 12th, 2005, 03:42 PM
oh oh look, now all of the sudden theres a tab that says "Stats Unavailable" where the ribbons were. Coincidence? I think not.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 12th, 2005, 04:04 PM
hehehe...Dirge he is on too us...never try to fool a cop, don't you see the tv shows, they always figure it out at the end :p:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==