PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think you will create a BF2 server?

MindWerks
June 20th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I gave the game a try since you guys were talking about it pretty often and I must say that I'm seriously addicted to the game now (well the demo anyway, I'll be in the shop buying it when it comes out though).

It would be really cool to play with people that have some skill. So I was curious if you guys were going to start up a BF2 server.

LA_MERC_Spark
June 20th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I hope so :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 20th, 2005, 12:01 PM
With the rate at which I'm getting banned form other servers I would say it is a distinct possibility. Even if it's like 90 a month I'm up for chipping in 30 to 40 or half myself. We've got a lot of people playing it and plan on buying it so if we all chip in 5 a month we could do it easily and it would be an EA registered server so our stats would register. Anyone else think they would help.

MindWerks
June 20th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to it. I just cancelled my WoW subscription so I have freed up monthly gaming funds. LOL

MindWerks
June 20th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I looked into it and found.

http://battlefieldhosting.ea.com/

They are totally supported by EA so this would be really kind of cool. I read some of the FAQ's and its only $8 a slot and has a minimum of 8 slots. Not to shabby really. Heck I wouldn't mind kicking in for 2 slots alone since its not so bad a price. LOL

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 20th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I would like some more offical word on the stats ranking. I was sure a lot of people would have pitched a fit when they found out that only EA servers would maintain world stats. Maybe with some pressure from the community, they will change their stance on the issue.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==