PDA

View Full Version : kid dies from soccer net accident

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM
can you say lawsuit waiting to happen?

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3226514

I'll bet the mother gets rich off of this one.

LA_MERC_goose
June 15th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Man that's sad.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 15th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Sad, yes...but where does the mother's responsibility come in? It's 10:30 pm, and her 11 year old son isn't at home? WTH?! Where is SHE at and why isn't she watching her son? Or, atleast one of the other friend's parents should have been...that's all I'm saying.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 15th, 2005, 05:03 PM
last I checked, you don't play soccer by hanging on the net. unless things have changed and it's now simular to hanging on the rim when you make a goal in Bball.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 15th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear that but Scott is right, there needs to be parental responsibility here and not some lawsuit on the goal manufacturere or the city. Berk is right, last time I checked you didn't hang on goals to play soccer.

LA_MERC_Shadow
June 15th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I agree totally. Next thing, if a kid goes to the park, falls out a tree and he dies they'll want to sue b/c the tree wasn't strong enough. The kid was doing something he shouldn't have been doing and it ended tragically. I feel sorry for the family, but things like this happen.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 15th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Everyone is missing the point on this one....

Darwinism works every time it's tried!

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 16th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Reminds me of how may times children come to the airport and play on the escalators. There are tons of signs advising parents to watch their children and not let them play on the damned things, but inevitably some child ends up losing fingers, toes, shoes whatever. Of course the parents then turn around and sue the airport, manufactorer and anyone else standing around when the accident occured. I think that sometimes these parents should get sued for not being a good parent.

Texas_Lawdog
June 16th, 2005, 02:33 PM
with our courts the mother will be set for life due to her sons death.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 16th, 2005, 04:40 PM
with our courts the mother will be set for life due to her sons death.

my point exactly, but i agree it's kinda her fault for letting him out unsupervised at that time, but come on guys, we all did stupid stuff like that...we were just lucky not to get hurt....even if it was the middle of the day, the same thing would have happened. it was an accident and no fault of the city or goal manufacturer, but they will end up paying for it.

Texas_Lawdog
June 17th, 2005, 05:47 AM
i agree

Big_ch33se
June 27th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Yes, I agree with the darwinism comment. At 11 yrs old the kid should no better than to a) be out that late b) leave from the area around the house without parental permission and c) how to properly use soccer equipment. Also the parents should not have their son (only 11) outside that late at night, atleast not without supervision or a clear understanding to stay near the house and let them know b4 he runs off. Tragic, yes, but that is life.
Next thing you know there will be a fence erected around the park and hours of availability to protect nubs from going in there and hurting/killing themselves and the people most affected will be the responsible people :(.
:violin for parents to ill equipped to raise their child with some inkling of sence and responsibility in 11 years. I hold out hope that she will atleast accept her shortcomings and not try to get rich quick of her son's death.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
June 27th, 2005, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Alan_1]
Next thing you know there will be a fence erected around the park and hours of availability to protect nubs from going in there and hurting/killing themselves
QUOTE]

It's like that here. Most of the parks here has gates that closes the parks down at I think around 8pm and open when the sun comes up.

It's sad what happend..

Big_ch33se
June 30th, 2005, 10:33 PM
LOL. Not 2 days after posting on this thread, some welders are now erecting an iron fence around the park across the street from my job!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==