PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Demo

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Someone post a link the minute they have it. I need it. I want it. I got to have it. I'm feeling a moment like the first time I got into BF1942 demo and Diesel and Onji are yelling "we can't get off the Carrier deck, everyone keeps peter paning off the end of the Carrier, no one can fly" Then I'm doing barrel rolls with Darren in the gunner seat and he and I are having a blast. That was a very fun demo. Get ready to be my RIO Darren.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
lmao...a great LA_MERC moment for sure..oh the anticipation....

LA_MERC_Onji
June 10th, 2005, 02:39 PM
its out! all of the servers are being SLAMMED!!!! i'm trying everything!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 10th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Keep at it soldier. I have complete faith. I will be home at 6:00 and I expect there to be a link here saying come and get it Andy. Woohoo.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Stand FAST Soldier!!!! Man that machine!!!!
do not leave your post til operation is complet!!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 10th, 2005, 03:04 PM
sigh.......and these are my friends....what have I turned in too? :stick

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM
attempting flanking manuver now...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 10th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Go go go, you take the point. CHARGE!!!

LA_MERC_Temp
June 10th, 2005, 03:17 PM
taking fire, need assistance

LA_MERC_Onji
June 10th, 2005, 03:37 PM
omg i swear to god, allllllll servers full, or a 99 minute wait! their hitting me from all sides, need assistance!!!

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=7176
http://bf2.mindfeeder.net/

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 10th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I repeat code red...

Get out of there it's going to blow!!!

Send in the special forces for deep strike infiltration.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 10th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Operation Rocket Twins is under way!
I repeat, operation is a go!!!
:blue:

LA_MERC_Onji
June 10th, 2005, 04:19 PM
woohoo!! we have incoming!! 286k/sec and rising, i'll have it in 23mins, then i'll upload to the merc server

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM
nice...im downloading it though a torrent file off of www.torrentspy.com

[lag]Zen
June 10th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Ok, go here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88622&package_id=141780&release_id=306907

download and install true-downloader.

Then paste this link into the progarm

http://www.gamespot.com/cgi/chkpt.php?s=6127244&c=demo_ftp&u=http://basic.gamespot.com.edgesuite.net/action/battlefield2/Battlefield_2_Demo_GC.zip

watch your d/l speed go through the roof.

Sssshhh, don't tell anybody

I grabbed this off hardocp, download is gonna take me 15 minutes :)

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 10th, 2005, 04:34 PM
damn. thanks jeff..that rocks...getting at speeds between 580K\s to 600K\s

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 10th, 2005, 04:35 PM
and of course i have to work tonite also..bah

LA_MERC_Onji
June 10th, 2005, 04:37 PM
^^^^^^^ do what this man says, this is the fastest way, my download just crapped out at 91%!!!! omg!

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 10th, 2005, 04:40 PM
ohh...that sucks...

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM
woot done..it took about 15minutes to download...time to try it out..

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 10th, 2005, 05:15 PM
It will soon be up here if anyone just wants a direct link. I would give it another 30 minutes and it should be ready.

http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/demos/Battlefield_2_Demo_GC.zip

LA_MERC_Onji
June 10th, 2005, 05:27 PM
yay, i was wondering if blueyonder was gonna up it

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 10th, 2005, 07:48 PM
anyone playing it yet? I went through the whole installation and click on the icon, screen goes black like it's trying to load, but after a few sec. I get back to the desktop.

just wondering if maybe I have a bad file or if there needs to be some command line variables or whatever.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 10th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Nevermind. after trying to tweak all kind of crap and play with a bunch of settings I finally read the readme. my video card is not supported. using a GF4Ti4600. have to have a GF-FX5700 or above with atleast 128mb ram, 256 recommended. guess I'll stick to CS:S for quite a while longer till I can upgrade.

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM
yeah i had to update my drivers to play it correctly...but i can tell you it is awesome...you need to upgrade CO...just do it man

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 10th, 2005, 10:54 PM
damm, I was hoping I could play it but my card is crap too.....oh well.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 11th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I tried what Zen said to do but me and WinRAR just don't get along so I couldn't get it. And to put the icing on the cake I thought that fileshack would automatically start downloading it when my turn came up. Not so said the prompt. So I'm still BF2 Demoless. Guess I'll try again today and see what happens.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 11th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Exiles, did you try the link that I provided?

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM
yeah the link that Toby put up works very well.... I tried the stuff that Zen put up as well and the file was corrupted so i had to try something else

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 11th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I'm getting it from the blueyonder link Toby put up. But I see it's also a WinRAR file and for some reason I screw up when I unpack those and can't get the file to work. Any tutuorials for idiots like me on how to successfully use WinRAR?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 11th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Actually the file ending on the BF2 demo is a zip so I *shouldn't* screw anything up. But I still can't use WinRAR b/c Ima nub.

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM
now this winrar takes awhile to do..just let it sit for a couple of minutes

BTW...This game is beautiful

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 12th, 2005, 11:01 AM
What a kick butt game. Sorry Al even if I sent you my old GForce4Ti 4200 you wouldn't be able to play. Everyone needs to upgrade as this game has set the bar. The way they did team speak is really cool. Each squad talks to each other. Then the squad leaders can talk to the commander (who by the way is a really kick butt position to hold). I especially like the way that when you die you lay on the ground until you resawn and a medic can heal you right there and back up you go and that if you do respawn you can respawn on your squad leader so your always sticking together as a team. A cool scenario was when Toby was squad leader driving an M1 tank and when they killed me sticking out the top gunners spot I respawn right back into the tank with Toby. Then Mike tells me that crouching while in the top of the tank will make you get down into it. That's a handy piece of info. Artilerry is awesome the vehicles are great and the game play is unreal. This will definately be a game I play a lot of. For me the best is hooking it up to my61 HDTV and flying around. I will take a pic and show you guys. It ROXORS the BOXORS!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 12th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I can't get the demo to work. I installed it fine but when I go into the game I get to a point where I pick singleplayer or multiplayer but as soon as I click on anything my whole computer locks up. Even control-alt-delete won't take me to taskmanager, I have to use my power button to restart my computer. I just updated my drivers thinking that would be the case but it still locks up on me.

Specs

2500 Barton OC'd to 2800
2x512 2700 DDR RAM
ATI 9600XT 128 RAM
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo

LA_MERC_Onji
June 12th, 2005, 02:28 PM
i had a problem not being able to bind certain keys, even tho they were not being used, i found the fix, i thought it may be helpful for others:

Okay finally here's how to remove all those "phantom" bound keys that you can't unbind within BF2.

Go to
My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\Profiles

Open up Global.con

Note which profile it's using (I Default, 0001 and 0002 and mine was set to 0002)

Open up Controls.con

If you look at the top line for each subsection, it says Infantry, Land, Air, Helicopter, Sea, and Default. Each is pretty self explanatory with the exception of Default. I believe this is what ingame calls "Common".

The bound key is at the end of the line

IDKey_Key Name Here

Delete the whole line of the occupied keys you want to change. OR Change it to an unused key of your choice. Some of them were probably taken out last minute (like Left Alt was set to Toggle 3D Map but there is no way to change that ingame. and X is set for Flare in Sea. Can you even fire a flare in a boat? I never tried.)

Save the file.

Now you can bind them ingame.

Enjoy

LA_MERC_Onji
June 12th, 2005, 02:30 PM
here is another one for speeding up the booting of the demo, by getting rid of the intro movies:

If you don't like all those intro BS movies.
Go To your BF2 Demo directory -> Mods -> BF2 -> Movies
And you can delete all of the movies(however I would reccomend keeping the menu and menu login ones)

No more stupid splash screens starting up the game.

Instead of deleting them, I just renamed them and put a .bak extention on the end. just a suggestion.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 12th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Your still the man Onji.

O

M

G

This game is sick! Finally worked for me and I got to play for 15 mins and WOW. Freakin awsome, now I'm gonna have to buy this game.

LA_MERC_Temp
June 12th, 2005, 04:01 PM
this game is awesome. what server yall playing in?

LA_MERC_Onji
June 12th, 2005, 05:25 PM
jump in teamspeak when you get ready to play, there is usually someone in there. thats how we coordinate which server we're going to play on

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 12th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Onji, I found that fix you posted last night. I was telling everyone that I couldn't bind certain keys and they probably thought I was crazy but I wasn't. I swear... lol

LA_MERC_Onji
June 13th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I found this posted on some other forums. This is for those that dont have the demo yet, and are wondering how their system will run the game etc.

step 1: identify your system

OS
Windows XP only (Win 2000 and WinME not supported)

internet connection: (only for multiplayer)
Broadband Internet connection(dial-up will not work)

Processor

AMD xp
1500+ very low settings
1800+ low settings
2000+ low-mid settings
2400+ mid settings
2600+ mid settings
2800+ mid-high settings
3000+ high settings

AMD 64
2800+ mid-high settings
3000+ high settings
3200+ high settings
3400+ high settings
3500+ high settings
3600+ and above insane settings

intel p4

1.5 very low settings
1.6 very low settings
1.8 low settings
2.0 low settings
2.4 mid settings
2.8 mid-high settings
3.0 high settings
3.2 high settings
3.4 high settings
3.6 and above insane settings

RAM

256mb very low settings
512mb mid-low settings
1GB high settings
1.5gb high settings
2GB insane settings

Video Cards

ATI

8500 low settings
9000 low settings
9200 se low settings
9500 se low settings
9600 se low settings
9500 low settings
9550 low settings
9600 low settings
9500 & 9600 pro mid settings
9700 mid settings
9800 se mid settings
x300 mid settings
x600 mid settings
9800 mid settings
9600xt mid settings
9850 mid settings
9800 pro mid-high settings
x700 pro mid-high settings
9800 pro 256mb med-high settings
x800 pro high settings
x800 pro xt and above insane settings

NVIDIA

GeForce Fx (GeForce 4 will not work)

5200 low settings
5300 low settings
5400 low settings
5600 low settings
5700 low-mid settings
5800 low-mid settings
5900 low-mid settings
5950 low-mid settings
5700 u mid settings
5800 u mid settings
5900xt mid settings
5950 mid settings
6600 mid settings
6600 256mb mid settings
6600 gt mid-high settings
6600 gt 256mb high settings
6800 and above insane settings

step 2: do the math

if you have a low processor and a mid ram and low video card: low+mid+low= low settings

low+low+high:low
low+mid+[high,insane]:mid-low
mid+mid+low: mid-low settings
mid+mid+mid: mid settings
high+mid+mid: mid settings
high+high+mid: mid-high settings
high+high+high: high settings
insane+high+high: high settings
insane+insane+insane: give me your computer

if you have something lower than everything posted above forget about this game and throw your piece of s*** in the garbage

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM
well crap...my joystick wont register except for forward and left...so i go up, and to the left and keep going up and to the left....grr...any ideas?

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM
well i looked at the key mapping in the control.con file and i see the lines, only thing is, i dont know how to tell it to set the correct pitch and roll.

These are the two commands that are bound:

first forward pitch

ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_1 1 0

and now roll to the left

ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFGameController_0 IDAxis_0 1 0

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 13th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I have teamspeak now so I'm ready to play some online. I've tried to create an account 3 times with zero results. How long does it take to create an account? I've left it alone for 5 to 10 minutes but nothing changes on the screen and there are no servers for me to join.

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 13th, 2005, 03:31 PM
It did the same thing to me ex....I closed it down all together then tried again and it said that email and pass where already in use. so I just put in my password and there it was. don't know if this will help but that is what happened to me

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 13th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah same thing with me drifter, what time do yall play this thing? I got to do a little internet playing and I got some kills but driving the vehicals is NOT what I'm supposed to be doing. Haven't got to fly a plane or helicopter yet but in BF1942 about all I could do in a plane was crash.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 13th, 2005, 06:42 PM
We play about 8-9 PM CST. BTW, your sig pic sucked! lol j/k

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 13th, 2005, 10:37 PM
The server we play on as of now is Black-Cell.
IP: 70.85.147.114

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 13th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Had a blast last night! Especially when we got to be on the same team and we would get the whole armor unit rolling. Tons of fun, but if I suddenly disappear from the forums and server it's because my wife killed me for playing on the computer too much.

I'm only half joking ;)

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 14th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Last night was a blast. 3 hours goes by so fast! LOL Now if I could only stop shooting my teammates... Of course, some of those fools need to stop tracking in front of my return fire! It's deadly.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 14th, 2005, 06:29 AM
yeah last night was a blast, everyone was working as a team, taking objectives together, fun fun fun.
here we all are in the boat:

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 14th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Fun you say. I just want to say sorry to everyone on TS when I start yelling at Andy "TREE" or "CRANE" when he gets too close to them. I tell ya that boy can fly those choppers. He makes me nervous.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 14th, 2005, 07:21 AM
hehehe Yeah, when nutria talks, I think it's a traffic report because there is ALWAYS a rotor sounf in the background! LMAO

LA_MERC_Maverick
June 14th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I must say, I had a lot of fun playing last night, especially the last round, when I was driving a tank and diesel was manning the top gun, we were going from point to point, killing everything in sight, capturing away....what a blast!

I may not be able to fly worth a darn, but I can sure spin that tank on a dime!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 14th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Yeah I've decided I should stay away from planes and heli's. Crashed a plane myself at the end of the runway. Jumped in a MiG with Diesel where I was the missle shooter, after 4 shots that were no where near any enemies, he crashes us into a mountain. The heli's I got in were either shot down or when I jumped out someone would shoot me. I'll stick with tanks and buggies. I did get a couple knife kills. :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 14th, 2005, 12:00 PM
OMG this game rules. I had a blast last night guys. Flying helo's is my passion on the game. I love it and can't get enough of it. Darren how did you take those screen shots. I also read somehwere that we'll be able to easily record movie files with sound, is that true.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 14th, 2005, 12:51 PM
just hit printscreen, it sticks the screenshots in your 'my documents' folder, it makes 2 copies of the screenshot, one is a .jpg, one is a .png. and yes, there is a battlefield recorder that you can use to make movies, but the server has to have the option enabled, and 90% of the servers dont have this setup yet, and i havent even tried to fool with it

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
June 14th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah last night was pretty fun. Some people need to learn to stay in the boat though...

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 14th, 2005, 06:54 PM
lol...yeah Dirge...do not drink while running around the carrier deck...:p:
Onji I took a screenie of that as well...lol

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 14th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I played for about an hour earlier today on Black Cell to try to get some flying lessons in. Wow do I suck at flying. I did get one kill in the Black Hawk...when I crashed into the other helicopter. LOL! I was trying to turn so I could shoot him but I just kept flying sideways until my rotor went through his windshield and the rest of the Black Hawk took care of the rest. I'm about the same with planes I can fly ok but not and try to shoot anything. It was just me and 2 people against me and they could fly and take over bases but when I caught them on the ground they couldn't hang with CS shooting skillz. Any tutorials on flying planes and copter's? Do you guys use the mouse or the arrow buttons? Did you change the sensitivity for flying?

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
June 14th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I like to use the W,A,S,D keys with the mouse. I also jacked the sensitivity up along with the Yaw and Pitch. If I could just get the helo to spin on a dime I would be happy.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 15th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Had a blast last night again guys, except for my connection issues, i swear i was dropped 5 times. The last time it happened i slammed my headphones on the desk, stood up to find the issue. Come to find out, there is one phone in the house that if you pick it up, it'll kick me off line. After a little temper tantrum, and threatning anyone in the house to use that phone again, i was back online. Im betting i need to put a dsl filter on there. Anyway, While I was reconnecting i grabbed a screenshot of teamspeak, we had a good bit of folks on! Shadow jumped in right at the end when everyone was leaving or about to leave, sorry man :( jump on tonight if you can! we try to gather 8'ish CST.

SnAkEbItE
June 15th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Yeah I had a blast right up to the point where Andy upset the apple cart and got himself banned then the party was over....lol

All though takeing turns snipeing with Dirge was fun too...:)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 15th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks Skitsvelvet I remember playing with you both nights...er in gamelike. I found that it was easier to fly with the mouse also, but I think I need to up sensitivity some. WTH is yaw and pitch? Is it when the whole aircraft turns parallel to the ground?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 15th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Nice screen shot Diesel. Also like teh screeny of team speak Darren, wow, 10 of us on at once that's a record for the last year or so. Also, some quick flying lessons. First and foremost if you plan on getting good with the planes YOU MUST HAVE A JOYSTICK. Now Dirge will tell you lies and say that you can fair well with the mouse but the true hard fact is you can NOT out turn someone with a joystick using a mouse. The joystick keeps a constant pull back where eventually with a mouse you have to pick it up and move it high up on the desk to get more downward movement to pull back (or if you wierd and fly without inverted mouse that would be down to move the mouse up to fly up, that alone doesn't make sense) However I fly the Helo's with mouse and keyboard and will out do anyone with a joystick becuase you don't need to constantly pull back or push forward for the high spin turns in a helo. All you do is roll the helo to the right or left and then use you strafe key to the matching right or left and you spin on a dime. Usinh the WDSA keys where a and d are your strafe keys key simply means if you strafe right in the helo it will spin to the right. This is slow though. By rolling the helo (moving mouse to the right) and straf right (d key you create a power turn). The trick is to remeber that anyhting you do in a helo needs a counter move. Much like driving a boat or say the space shuttle. When you turn right or roll right remeber to counter act with a slight roll back to the left and strafe to the left or you helo will continue to roll and yaw. Basic definitions are as follows

YAW is the movement of the helo by spinning (if you use the d and a key the helo will spin around in a circle (This is YAW)
Pitch is the position of the nose up or down (Since I use inverted mouse I pull down on the mouse "Move my mouse downward" to nose up the helo.
ROLL is self explanitory. If you move your mouse side to side you will ROLL the helo on its axis.

Remeber there are 6 DOF (Degrees Of Freedom) with aircraft movement. + and - in X,Y, and Z axis (for cartesian coordinate system) witch is yaw, pitch, and roll. I can also break this down into polar coordiantes whcih utilizes angles. Does this help any.

P.S. Lat night was a blast but I'm pretty sure I'm close to a Divorce. BF2 Demo is consuming mass amounts of my time and it's worth it.

P.S.S. Darren I had the same problem with my ADSL. My wife (Candace) bought some new cordless phones for the house and plugged them in without the ADSL filter. Anytime someone called it would drop me. After having the Bellsouth guys comeover and chech the house they immediately noticed one of the phones didn't have the filter on it. I put the filter on and haven't had a problem since. Now I do have a switch that Robby gave me that you hook up on the outside of the house to the line that feeds your ADSL modem that disconnects ot bypasses the audio wires and isolates your data wires so that none of that is an issue. Haven't hooked mine up yet, but the filters are a definate must.

P.S.S.S. I attached a quick pic of Yaw, Pitch, and Roll

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 15th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Had a blast last night again guys, except for my connection issues, i swear i was dropped 5 times. The last time it happened i slammed my headphones on the desk, stood up to find the issue. Come to find out, there is one phone in the house that if you pick it up, it'll kick me off line. After a little temper tantrum, and threatning anyone in the house to use that phone again, i was back online. Im betting i need to put a dsl filter on there. Anyway, While I was reconnecting i grabbed a screenshot of teamspeak, we had a good bit of folks on! Shadow jumped in right at the end when everyone was leaving or about to leave, sorry man :( jump on tonight if you can! we try to gather 8'ish CST.

Onji,

Do you have two lines in your house? If not, it would be advisable to do a home run to your ADSL modem to eliminate problems such as you are experiencing. It would involve getting a splitter (I can get for you) and using the yellow+black wires in your inside telephone wiring (or any pair in normal ethernet cable, whichever type of inside wiring you have) and putting the data signal on there. Then at your phone jack, put the yellow+black on the main terminals so the phone line hooks into them. If you use a phone out of the same jack as the ADSL line, then you would have to install a dual RJ11 jack faceplate.

Let me know and I can help you out with the process.

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
June 15th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Andy, I totally agree. Trying to fly the jets with a keyboard for me just sucks. Now I did hook up my joystick to practice flying helicopters but I found that I do better with mouse and keyboard. I increased the yaw and pitch to about 7 and the sensitivity to 8.50 I found it helped alot with response time.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 15th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I wonder now with all the time I'm logging flying the helo with a mouse I will probably get a joystick and use it for just flying planes and stick to the mouse and keyboard for the choppers as I'm doing so sell with it. I have perfected a rotor wash move that stops the helo onthe spot to make following choppers fly right by. You just simply nose up hard and let off the power and actually apply some reverse thrust until they fly by then nose back down and forward thrust. Now the target is in front of you and if you have a gunner like Nutria, Dirge, or Temp, it's all over but the crying.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
June 15th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Well I got in a little more practice on the helos and I did successfully take off and land a few times before I died. :) I raised the sensitivity to 6 but left the yaw and pitch alone since I wasn't sure what it did. I'm a little better with the mouse and WASD but when I move my mouse slightly sideways when I was trying to just move it forwards or backwards is where I get messed up and go sideways to the ground and usually crash. Basically I just over correct. I'm going to keep trying though because I think the helos are the best part of the game. In planes I'm moving so fast I can't aim and hit any targets without crashing.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 15th, 2005, 01:41 PM
i shall shoot you down!! lol

i only have one complaint about bf2, there are no more flak cannons :( yeah i know our military has evolved since then, but crap i cant use heat seaking missiles for nothing

LA_MERC_Onji
June 15th, 2005, 01:51 PM
hey guys, i found a really good wiki (user made faq's etc) on bf2, its good stuff, check it out:

http://www.shackbattles.com/wiki/index.php/Battlefield_2

[lag]Zen
June 15th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I have no problem flying planes or helicptors, but I use a trackball, so I can keep rolling the ball to keep constant movement in the direction I need.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 15th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Hey guys not playing because of GeForce Ti cards, check this out...

http://www.shackbattles.com/wiki/index.php/Crash_to_desktop

Looks like you can play with a fix :)

LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet
June 15th, 2005, 03:14 PM
I am trying to get my co-worker to let me borrow his Rudder Control System. I would like to give it a whirl with the flight stick and RCS.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 15th, 2005, 06:13 PM
small Vid card performance comparison on BF2 (http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=145&page=1)

LA_MERC_Shadow
June 15th, 2005, 08:15 PM
I had fun when I actually stayed alive more than five seconds. I was still trying to configure my system most of the time and get back into playing the game. My computer locked up a couple times so I'll eventually get another vid card...I've been putting it off for a while anyway. Sorry can hop on tonite, but I've been working a lot lately to get $ together to buy a new car before my girlfriend's dies on us. I'll catch yall in the next couple of days in there. It is a SWEET game though.

BigOne
June 15th, 2005, 08:40 PM
where do you all play cause i dl'ed it and i wanna play w/ yall

LA_MERC_goose
June 17th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Ok, new HD arrived today. I'll install it and get all my crap installed and hopefully I'll be on with you guys real soon. Beware .... the Gene Pool Lifegaurd has arrived! :D

LA_MERC_Onji
June 17th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Great games tonight guys!! Some hilarious times here had, I got some good screenshots, even captioned some lol
The 2nd to last one is classic haha

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 18th, 2005, 12:30 AM
#3 and counting...jeez so we will be at 5 by the end of the week...lol

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 18th, 2005, 09:57 AM
LMAO!!!!! That was funny stuff!!! Dirge: "Andy why are our teammates all over those MEC flagpoints? We're racking up the teamkills!" Andy: "I dunno, but they're everywhere!... Wait a miute, we switched to MEC last round!!!!" Dirge & Andy: "hahahahahahahahahah DOH"

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 18th, 2005, 10:21 AM
:rofl:
:laugh:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 18th, 2005, 10:23 AM
LMFAO, did any one realize that the screen shot Darren has of Robby killing three team mates at once has that guy Vincent in it that I killed once and got banned. How can Robby slaughter the piss out of team mates, but I kill one annoying team killer and I'm banned, What up wit dat. Plus the fact Robby and I forgot we switched to MEC side and our first bombing run we see (What we thought was the enemy MEC flag, but was our own) the MEC flag and DEATH FROM ABOVE. Only problem is first pass I kill 3 teammates and Robby gets 5 kills. So a total of 8 kills of team mates and I'm banned and Robby is not. LOL. Also that's a very good before and after pic of me in the helo Onji. LOL.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==