PDA

View Full Version : water survival training

LA_MERC_Drax
June 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Got this class to go to tomorrow, apparently they're gonna drop me in the water with the device they lift people from crew boats to the rig on. Its got some netting going up the sides on it, so i'ma have to get out from under the netting and stuff. Few other things to learn too, its like a 6 hour class....

Anywhos, been doing my first week at work. All the safety modules i gotta do on the computer are so duh sometimes....i finished all of mine in 2 days, and we have 4 to do em. They're planning to have me offshore this weekend, so much for the weekend booz-a-thon.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 9th, 2005, 07:18 AM
do you get to flip over in the helicopter? this is all underwater of course...!!!!

LA_MERC_goose
June 9th, 2005, 08:09 AM
GL Drax - The water survival class I've been in were extremely tiring. I remember one class where we had to take our pants off and tie the legs together, put it over our head, fill the legs up with air and keep the waist underwater and tied to us with the belt - modified life preserver - then tread water for like an hour. Damn that was painful.

LA_MERC_Spark
June 9th, 2005, 09:05 AM
so much for the weekend booz-a-thon.

Awwwwwwww... lil draxy poo is growin up and leavin the nest! LMAO! j/k good luck with it.. actually sounds like fun! :D

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 9th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Good luck Drax. Sounds fun.

LA_MERC_Drax
June 9th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Yea, Goose, we did that, cept we had to do it with our eyes closed and him splashing us in the face. Also, he would tug on the FRC every once in awhile to "simulate" trigger fish. I passed it, certified and whatever. Company is talking about having me out in the gulf this weekend, maybe the storm will keep me on land a lil while longer.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==