PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still play?

cd
June 6th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I just recently started playing this game(past 2 weeks) man i'm glad I waited. Didnt have to go thru all the complaints everyone else did. Bought the game and both expansion for 30 bucks. And I am HOOKED. Anywho, I play on bloodfin server, but would create a new character on a new server if some of yall are still playing. Let me know.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 7th, 2005, 07:49 AM
I think everyone that plays mmorpg's Are hooked on that W.O.W Crack now.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Just cancelled both my accounts. The game is completey ruined. To you its fine because you know no diffrent. Old players that I know are pretty fed up. At one time I had quite an empire going but just got frustrated. If you have fun, thats all that matters. :)

cd
June 7th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Well to those who played for a LONG time... here's a question for you... the economy is completely player driven, so theoretically, if a player was smart enough(and obviously had the time) the economy could be player controlled right?(in theory remind you). Thus making you more powerful in that game than anyone :D

aCiD
June 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
then there is ebay...which gives you the gift of buying credits :D which makes you more powerflul muhaha

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 8th, 2005, 05:43 AM
I will never understand the concept of real money.. " Mind you a lot of real money " for cyber money that only has value in 1 game... Thats just insane...

MindWerks
June 8th, 2005, 11:44 AM
I haven't cancelled my accounts, but I rarely play it anymore. There just isn't any fun in it for me. I like the idea of a MMORPG but in this version of it your characters power isn't tied to how much you play or how good you are... its all about which guild your in and how many friends you can get to raid a dungeon (in the higher end anyway). Screw that, that whole concept destroys any forming guilds and ends up just being a huge cluster of greedy inepts that just endlessly run the same instances over and over again.

Over all I liked the game, but the quests were pretty boring after the 13,000,000 time of doing them. I mean when you look at them the quests were all the same from lvl one to level 60. Talk about boring, and there was never a feeling that your questing actually did anything.

I will probably cancel my account before too long. I actually don't know why I haven't quite yet.

SnAkEbItE
June 8th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Just cancelled both my accounts. The game is completey ruined. To you its fine because you know no diffrent. Old players that I know are pretty fed up. At one time I had quite an empire going but just got frustrated. If you have fun, thats all that matters. :)

Yeah I agree with you on this one Scott, we did have some fun times back then but, they totaly screwed the game into the ground that's why I left. The last time I play the game had no connection to any Starwars Galaxy that I had ever read, or watched other than they had some of the characters there and that's it. The whole story line was in the toliet.

cd
June 8th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I have YET to have a problem connecting to a server. So I dont understand that complaint. I guess like said above, I'd had to have played it before to understand.

But back to my power hungry question... and possibilities? I've decided(if possible) I want to become as powerful in my galaxy as possible, without being the strongest.

aCiD
June 8th, 2005, 07:01 PM
ebay

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 10th, 2005, 01:27 AM
I have YET to have a problem connecting to a server. So I dont understand that complaint. I guess like said above, I'd had to have played it before to understand.

But back to my power hungry question... and possibilities? I've decided(if possible) I want to become as powerful in my galaxy as possible, without being the strongest.

Well, I don't know about now but when I was playing there were 3 ways to do this...

Weaponsmith
Armorsmith
Shipwright (though that is dead now)

I was never an AS but I was WS for quite awhile. If you can establish yourself (no easy task) then you can rule a server. You will have to wrestle it from whoever is the top dog ATM. I would suggest specializing. Get REALLY good at 1 or 2 weapons and use the trade forums to sell them. Thats the quickest way to make a name. I was a scythe master in my day.

Other way is to farm valuable items. When I played i had 2 accounts. I had my WS and I had an uber tank that could solo high end areas very easily. I'd rape the Geo cave for hours at a time till my inventory was full of WS items.

Find what works for you. The game is so screwed I don't even know if anything I said still applies.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
June 10th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Has anyone notice the SWG advertisments on T.V lately.
Have they lost a lot of players to other games, and are now
trying to get some of the market back by advertising??

SnAkEbItE
June 10th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah well they are trying to ride the coat tails of EP3.....If you notice the increase of ebay sellers selling off their accounts? I tell you it's going down like a good old fashion flushing.

cd
June 10th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Weaponsmith
Armorsmith
Shipwright (though that is dead now)

I dont know if they killed off Shipwright in the past, but it is currently a profession(again?). I'll give WS a shot. Try to become beast.

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
June 11th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Redneck and I play on the Bria server. We have been having a lot of fun going out in groups and what not. My player name is Xorat and Rednecks is Zuwi.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 11th, 2005, 09:42 AM
I dont know if they killed off Shipwright in the past, but it is currently a profession(again?). I'll give WS a shot. Try to become beast.

Im sure shipwright is still in the game its just that most people stay on the ground or the ones that do fly have all the stuff they need. When JTL first launched I was part of a 3 man team of shipwrights. All of us had been preparing for months. I was running 60 harvesters and by launch I had about 30 million units of resources stored up. I was turning between 3 and 5 million credits profit a day. I literally would put a few hundred items on my vendor and most would be gone in 24 hours. It became a job and I burned out in about 3 weeks. Made a RIDICULOUS amount of money in that time though.

After about 2 months there was no real need for SW stuff. Everyone had what they needed and the BEST stuff was looted anyway so 90% of the would-be SWs quit.

LA_MERC_Heater
June 11th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I ve been playing still some on the Wanderhome sever have a MBH/pistoleer.Have not played it enough since the new revamp to tell if i like it or not.I think it nerfed me alot tho from what i can tell.I`ll hang in there for awhile until i figure it all out.The name is Tealek Woodwraith

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==