PDA

View Full Version : LaTech Update

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 4th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Howdy,

Well, I've been here almost one week, and I've gotten a lot done, even though it won't sound like it.

It took me 1.5 hours to load my UHaul trailer, and 1.5 DAYS to unload it here (damned 3rd floor apartment!). Thankfully, I have everything up and running except for my computer (and all my kitchen crap is still in boxes). Thankfully, Beck doesn't mind me using her computer...so that's a good thing.

I've been sleeping a lot more lately than normal (read: 10 hours or so a day). I think this is largely due to the fact that the stresses that I've been going through for the last 6 weeks are ALL over.

I've got 2 interviews on Monday (please remember me in your prayers!) both for interesting positions. One is for a company that does Computer Forensics. I don't know if I'll be doing that, or just your basic computer repair stuff, but either way, I'm looking forward to learning new things. The other job is a consulting position. Unfortunately, there are no set hours of work (I might get 40 hours one week and 10 the next)...so I'm not sure how I REALLY feel about that job...but we'll find out on Monday, no doubt.

Beck and I are doing well. It's taken a couple days to adjust to the idea that I won't be leaving on a plane in another day or two, but that's been more a blessing than anything. We've been all over Maryland the last couple days and are going to Virginia tomorrow to a big wine festival with some people from Quantico, so that should be fun.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and well.

Peace outside!

LaTech

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Good to hear things are going well Scott. Keep fighting the good fight. Tell Beck we said hi and good luck on the interviews. Your a good guy and I'm sure you'll do well.

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 4th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Man I am glad to hear that everything is going well. I hope and pray that all goes well with your interviews and that you find the job you want. Keep us up to date on how everything is going.
Later

P.S. Tell Beck that I said hey and to keep a close eye on the Techtator for us...lol

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
June 4th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Glad to hear ya made it safe and sound Techy :)

aCiD
June 4th, 2005, 10:20 PM
thats cool everything is going good man :D

LA_MERC_Spark
June 5th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Grats Scott! I'm glad to hear everything is going smooth for you. Good luck job hunting I'm sure you'll do fine.

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 5th, 2005, 08:23 AM
wth This has nothing to d owith my alma mater!>?!!@$#!#!

jk GL Mano

Sounds good. Hope you make out okay with the high cost of living up there! yikes!

LA_MERC_Shadow
June 5th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Hope the interviews go well. It's always nice to have an income.

BigOne
June 5th, 2005, 08:46 PM
hey scott welcome to maryland man

LA_MERC_Heater
June 6th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Good luck Scott and will be praying everything will work out for you and Beck.

SweetGirL
June 7th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Glad you made it up there safely and are enjoying yourself! Best of luck on the interviews too!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 7th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Cool deal man. Glad things are finally settling down for you.

LA_MERC_Maverick
June 7th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Glad to hear you got moved and that everything is working out for you. GL with your interviews!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==