PDA

View Full Version : My not so finished case

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 11th, 2005, 11:10 PM
I was going to post some pics when I got a little further along, but what the heck I'll do it now.

Brief overview, no real theme just an industrial look, focusing on being able to see most things and diamond tread aluminum. I wanted to put windows in the PSU, CD-ROMS, hard drives, everything, but between time and scared I would mess them up I just stuck with normal windows.

I had a millwright at work make me an aluminum frame that's bent from one piece of aluminum. So free work and free aluminum means the frame has scratches and some gouges that I don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

My power supply is outside the case because it doesn't fit into my old PSU's cut out. So I have to make another one out of Lexian, which I was kinda thinking about doing anyway. I have to make a fan hole in the back regardless so it's not too big a deal.

You will also notice my cardboard switch panel, that's obviously just a pratice so I can see what everything looks like. I'm also going to cut out the Counter-Strike logo for air to be pulled into the case, first going under my Raptor. Also planning on stealthing the drives and cutting CS logos for my other fan covers, PSU included. I'll get a pic up with the shroud on in a bit. The shroud is daimond plate aluminum and drops down over the top of the case.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 12th, 2005, 04:02 AM
sweet! At one point, I had considered getting one of those modular PSU, but I ended up getting something else that had a window already installed. Looks VERY nice, ex!

sgt.cam
May 12th, 2005, 05:26 AM
sweet mod. here are some pics. of my case mod.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 12th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I had a millwright at work make me an aluminum frame that's bent from one piece of aluminum. So free work and free aluminum means the frame has scratches and some gouges that I don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Well... I can tell you that it isn't easy. I've had to fabricate several aluminium parts for model boats and planes. The only way I know of is to polish it. Now i don't mean grab a rag and get to it. It is a multi part process using several different polishes and a buffer. Aluminium is soft so the scratches will go away. The gouges? ....... hmmm.. Pretty sure you'll have to live with em... I'll ask my pop. He are l337 boat rudder, skeg, and trim tab fabricator.. he may have an idea.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 12th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah I think I can polish the smaller stuff out but I'm worried about the gouges. There aren't a whole lot and they aren't really deep but not sure what to do.

sgt.cam, can we get a close up. I like the paint job just can't see it too well.

LA_MERC_Dirge
May 12th, 2005, 11:52 AM
That's a sexy on switch! w00t

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 12th, 2005, 10:48 PM
The shroud

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 13th, 2005, 07:51 AM
man that is going to be one sweet case ex

LA_MERC_Heater
May 13th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I think you need to put soome big tires and a winch on that mug..hehe

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 13th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I think you need to put soome big tires and a winch on that mug..hehe

LOL!! YEA, and wind the wench up with CAT 5 cable :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==