PDA

View Full Version : too close to home

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 5th, 2005, 09:10 AM
I work on the 6th floor of this building, and I was in the building at the time of the incident....

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4452868/detail.html

LA_MERC_Yankee
May 5th, 2005, 09:30 AM
So did you hear the shooting?? You had to evacuate too??

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 5th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Man...it's a messed up place that we live in...

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 5th, 2005, 09:45 AM
just the floor of shooting was evacuated, everyone else was like wtf? We didn't know what happened until about 20 minutes after. I had speculated that there was some kind of medical emergency, maybe a heart attack or something...not a murder-suicide.

I'm actually kind of po'd that the whole building wasn't evacuated, what if there was someone else involved? I'm just glad the guy didn't go on a shooting rampage because we live in a cubicle world here and there really isn't anywhere to run.

LA_MERC_goose
May 5th, 2005, 09:55 AM
See, that right there ... that's just messed up! A full building evacuation should have happened and the entire building search before they let anyone back in - damn them!

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM
holy crap Sabre....that is messed up...way too close for compfort!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
May 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Sadly this kinda crap is happening more and more. It's so sad to me to know that you don't know what will push a person to shoot someone else. Never know...

Maximus
May 5th, 2005, 02:57 PM
How can you evacuate a building if A. noone knows if the shooter is dead yet or not, and B. if he decides to pick off people leaving the building...come one, ya'll play CS, you know the office map...if the shooter is still alive, he'll gun down more innocent people...Lock a door and hide on the other hand, and he just may pass up your office...

Little Birdy
May 5th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Maximus.. You can't lock your cubical ^_^... But full evactuation would have been an easy escape for the guy if he was still there... I actually don't know what I would have done.... Wow... Sabre sorry to hear that... It is too close for comfort since you're family to us....

-Birdy

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 6th, 2005, 06:07 AM
I guess the only fortunate thing that happened yesterday is that the guy didn't go on a shooting spree. Word is he had ammo in his brief case and 2 weapons. Like you said birdy, nowhere to go when you work in cubes.....It's a really weird feeling around here. I still can't believe that happened less then 30 yards away from me.

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 6th, 2005, 06:31 AM
And, cubicle walls aren't exactly what one would call "thick" by any stretch of the imagination...so even if you COULD hide in one, it wouldn't take too many well-placed missed shots to hurt people.

Maximus
May 6th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Good point...Didn't even think about a cubicle...Looooooong day yesterday...In that case, RUUUUUUUUN!!!!

|Team Moped| Kripto
May 6th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Lets see, the poor guy who posted this is freaking and feeling unsafe in his workspace and everyone is talking about how he's screwed no matter what he does.... Not the most encouraging thing... Glad you're ok though saber!

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM
lol, thx kripto!

can you feel the love?

Little Birdy
May 7th, 2005, 06:39 AM
I would have probably ended up shot trying to tackle him or something... ... pending on the situation... but most likely that's what would happen to me.... Glad you're aight Sabre.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==