PDA

View Full Version : Landed me a J O B

LA_MERC_Drax
May 4th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Well i took my offer this week, got a job with Baker Hughe INTEC. I'm gonna start working for them on june 6. Buncha nice things coming from this job:

Company vehicle, full benefits, nice pay, and ability to move up quickly.

The bad part is no schedule. I'll have to carry a beeper and could have to go to work at pretty much anytime. My position is a MWD field engineer. MWD is Measurement while drilling, most likely be working offshore in the gulf.

LA_MERC_goose
May 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Sweet! Good Luck with it Drax.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
May 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I kinda thought a job was against your religion Justin but when it pays well and has room for advancement it's tuff to pass up. Does this have anything to do with your BA? Congrats on the job, just don't let it cut into your drinking time too much. ;)

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 5th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Congtars, Drax!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
May 5th, 2005, 05:12 AM
MWD is Measurement while drilling, most likely be working offshore in the gulf.

Hey if you come across my Husband out there in the Gulf on one of the rigs, could you give him a kiss and hug for me!! I really miss him a lot!!!

CONGRATS ON YOU NEW JOB...

LA_MERC_Yankee
May 5th, 2005, 06:24 AM
The first time I read that I thought it said, "WMD field engineer." as in Weapons of Mass Destruction. Had to take a double take. :)

Congrats on the job man. You still gonna be in Ruston?

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 5th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Congrats Drax! Sounds like you gonna have some pretty good benefits as well.

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 5th, 2005, 07:29 AM
lol Yankee, I thought the same thing...hehehe

screw the gulf! been there done that...however I was a roughneck then, you have an 'easy money' job!! w00t!!!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
May 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Grats Boy! :D

LA_MERC_Drax
May 5th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Nah reed, ima be in Laffayette. Thats a fun party town, buncha 18 year old girls running around waitin for me to pray on....er...i mean take out to a dinner and a movie :D

It doesn't really have anything to do with my degree except the engineer part, they choose engineers mainly because of problem solving abilities and learning capabilities.

LA_MERC_Sniper
May 5th, 2005, 12:19 PM
hah a you are in the gulf most of the time and they gave you a vehicle lol is it a submarine?

Little Birdy
May 5th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Grats Lol... Yea I had to take a double look on the WMD... Lol I was like hrmm sounds fun ^_^, but this should be fun too :)

LA_MERC_Heater
May 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Congrats Drax..

LA_MERC_Shadow
May 9th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Awesome Drax! Sure you're gonna have a lot of fun with the cajun girls out there. Oh, yeah, congrats on the job too.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==