PDA

View Full Version : Wow...does it take forever to get on the game server!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
May 4th, 2005, 08:18 PM
It is very slow downloading the sounds? What gives? Can the sounds be out in a sound pak like we did on 1.6?

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 4th, 2005, 08:55 PM
The bad thing is that you have to dl the same sounds over and over. It was taking three or four minutes before each map to get in.
Also, I have noticed a lot of lag and higher pings as of late. It might just be me but it sure seems like some thing has changed here recently.

LA_MERC_BS
May 5th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Nah its me too on the pings. I was doing fine up till last night. My ping is the same, but its jerking a lot now for some reason. Whats weird is sometimes I have to wait for the download, but other times I go right in without having to do it. I finally gave up today after I had to download the sounds at every map change.

Nyc.Coqui
May 6th, 2005, 03:26 PM
The Sounds Take Forever I took me 15 just to get in...:( AND it only happens on some maps. Also whats up with the Bets and what not there not working

HENK
May 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM
yeah i always have to load the "humiliation" sound when i connect .but thats it .i was allready wondering why i can connect so much faster than other people :D

Nyc.Coqui
May 6th, 2005, 04:02 PM
but why dont the freaking sounds stay downloaded? i usally download them pretty quick now it just takes forever!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 6th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Try to browse to your steam folder and then the counter-strike/cstrike/sounds/misc and delete those sound files.

Nyc.Coqui
May 6th, 2005, 09:04 PM
there is no folder for these sounds....seriously just remove them...if there not being used....or something i wanna play......and the mods are inactive or something...because all they do is give me a ping of a 100 and in the from the get go i had beautiful ping it aint me it aint the pc maybe it server wise.....If ya have any other idea's to assist me please do...

LA_MERC_Maverick
May 6th, 2005, 09:18 PM
deleted the misc sound folder, sounds still downloaded (of course they would since they are no longer there) and after logging out and back on to the server, the sounds still took 5 min to download before i could play

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 7th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Can someone verify if there is still a problem as of now?

LA_MERC_CS Widow
May 7th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Much, much better. Monsterkill.wav took the longest but miles better compared to before. It took so long, I never let it finish to find out just how long it was! Seems to be back to normal for me.

Nyc.Coqui
May 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Ok its 12:16am nyc time and ummm im still getting the same thing it takes 4 nmins a sound...sooo im not sure if its because u guys are closer or im just retarded . but before i had no problems...Maybe a restart or something on the server Should do the trick...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 7th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Did you try deleting them from your computer first?

LA_MERC_Sabre
May 7th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I don't think he knows where they are...

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 7th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Ok, I deleted the sounds and now it hangs up on speak.wav and I can't even get on the server now.

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 7th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Would anyone that has that speak.wav please upload it. I can't get on certain maps because of it and it just will not download. Or pm me and I will give you my email addy to send it to.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM

LA_MERC_YellowDog
May 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Uber Toby Strikes Again!

LA_MERC_Drifter
May 8th, 2005, 02:09 AM
thx toby

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==