PDA

View Full Version : PDF EDITOR

Juggernaut
April 19th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Guys -

I need some help here.. i am looking for a freeware program that will allow you to fill in pdf forms, save them and print them. I have adobe acrobat 6. HOWEVER i am trying to find a freeware program for work to put on deputies laptops for filling out some training forms. Since it is for work the licensing has to be legit etc.. It is for win xp laptops.

Thanks,

Matt

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Will paperport let you do that? I think it will, but it's been a while since I've used it.
have you googled "pdf editor" ?

LA_MERC_Onji
April 19th, 2005, 04:50 PM
as far as i know (and i may be wrong) the only pdf 'editor' is adobe acrobat, NOT the free acrobat reader, but the one you actually have to pay for. I dont see there being any other 3rd party programs to edit pdf's since adobe invented that file format

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 19th, 2005, 04:53 PM
You beat me to it Onji. I think Goose has some detailed work experience with adobe forms and so forth. Maybe he will chime in with an idea.

Juggernaut
April 19th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I obtained acrobat to use from the house but from the work laptop i can not do that. I have googled, download.com and tucows.com everything i can think of. There are other programs which allow you use pdf files but I am trying to see if there are any that other peopl have used.. again i dont need anything fancy just being able to open a pdf document fill in the forms and print/save it. The forms themselves i will create in acrobat from home. I have found a couple freeware but again am trying to see if anyone can recommend one.

matt

LA_MERC_Temp
April 19th, 2005, 05:50 PM
pdf files are a headache. i've run into the problem of editing the pdf's where i work. i think they form has to be created where the fields are editable. we have licenses for a program called Liquid Office that allows you to do editable pdf forms. the best thing i've found to edit pdfs is to keep a master word doc and edit it and save as a pdf. hope this helps. also look at distiller. its by acrobat, not sure if it edits pdfs though.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 19th, 2005, 08:19 PM
try http://www.pdf995.com

They offer pdf995 for saving (or rather printing files to) pdf files, and they have pdfedit995 for editing pre-existing pdf's.

LA_MERC_Spark
April 20th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I've had this same problem at work.. there are plenty of 3rd party programs that will edit, save, convert to word, but they all cost dollars..

|Team Moped| Kripto
April 20th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Jesh.....Everyone wants some thing for free. However...The thought of a whole bunch of cops using illegal adobe products is funny as Hell

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==