PDA

View Full Version : new pope is german

HENK
April 19th, 2005, 10:45 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEET

LA_MERC_BS
April 19th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Man that dude is old. He looks older than the last pope.

Did everyone see the screw up on the smoke thing? From what I gathered on the news, the black smoke means that they are still voting on the Pope. The white smokes mean the vote is over and they have a new Pope. For a few seconds there was white smoke, so everyone started celebrating, then it went back to black smoke. I bet the poor guy in charge of smoke detail is so fired.

|Team Moped| Kripto
April 19th, 2005, 01:23 PM
That's why Pope Pauly changed the rules before he died, they had to ring a bell too now!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 19th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I understand why Cardinal Ratzinger was the popular choice, and how he will continue the conservitive teachings of John Paul II, but I too and surprized they have elected a 78 year old Pope.

|Team Moped| Kripto
April 19th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I wonder how much of a hard liner he's going to be? Paul was pretty tough but he did a couple of bold things... Apology for the inquisition, started letting women do more stuff (not enough in my opinion), and working hand and hand with aids organizations even though he was against rubbers.

It's a tough balance for any religion... religion needs to have its own values cemented on right and wrong. It needs to stand by those values so that people have a consistent foundation no matter what governments or cultures change. But if you don’t adapt to the needs of your people then you loose subjects and you don’t help anybody.

Brings up the question, how infallible do you need to be?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==