PDA

View Full Version : Very awesome music video

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 14th, 2005, 02:11 PM
http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/StillSeeingBreen-v1.1-LQ.wmv

Awesome song to the HL2 videos...plus, the G-Man sings!!!

this is from the artist...

WARNING: The video contains some spoiler shots of HL2, so turn back now if you'd rather wait until complete the game.

========================================

Hello folks-

The Machinima music video within this zip was "filmed" entirely in Half-Life 2, recording scenes within the game itself and custom anims of the highly talented G-Man created within Valve's FacePoser.

Created over the course of a month in my spare time, this vid represents an experiment in Half-Life 2 Machinima development - partially as an excuse to test out Valve's creation tools (FacePoser, Hammer, DemoUI, etc.) but also to show the Machinima possibilities with Valve's excellent game tech. A portion of the original roughcut was presented at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival during their "What is Machinima?" panel discussion.

As far as the music, the song I used in the piece is Breaking Benjamin's "So Cold" off of their album, "We are Not Alone." To me, this song really captures the feel of Half-Life 2. While some of lyrics may not relate directly, I thought it was close enough to relate to the HL2 narrative.

Thanks for taking the time to download the video and shoot me any comments or thoughts at [email protected]

Regards,
Paul Marino

Texas_Lawdog
April 14th, 2005, 02:59 PM
tech thats cool as hell

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 14th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I've seen alot of stuff in my time, but that was......Totally Awesome!!!

LA_MERC_goose
April 14th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Two words ... F------ SWEET!

LA_MERC_Nutria
April 14th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Daddy likey.

LA_MERC_Shadow
April 14th, 2005, 05:34 PM
That was un-freaking real. Kicked Ass.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 14th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Man watching that makes me want to go back and play the game all over again... That is so freeking sweet....

NoXiOuS
April 14th, 2005, 10:19 PM
yeah, and this time ill have my breaking benjamin cd playing.

Merdawk
April 21st, 2005, 09:13 AM
Wow, freakin awesome video. I've never played HL2, but now I want to lol

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==