PDA

View Full Version : Musical spirit breaker

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 5th, 2005, 10:27 AM
I never EVER want to play guitar again after watching this. This is the SICKEST thing Ive even seen and Ive seen Satriani, Vai, Hoey, Petrucci, Dimebag, Wyld and many other gods of guitar. This falls into the...

OMGnoyoudidntjustdothatWTFyougottabekiddingme category.

Watch both videos...

http://www.stick.com/method/

LA_MERC_Drifter
April 5th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Wow that was amazing!!!! Did you see that he has a cd...anyone want to go halves. lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 5th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Thats not to much different than when I play my guitar by tapping on the strings with both sets of fingers with a lot of distortion in the pickups. Its the only way you can play songs like iron man by Metallica. I think I would do good at something like that as I prefer to do a lot of songs by picking with my fingers and playing by taping wtih the left hand. That is a very good idea and I bet it takes off as people start to warm u to it. I like it and think if its not to high priced is something I would get. By the way if anyone is intersted in hearing me play with my old band in West Monroe I will be up there at the end of the month playing at a Crawfish boil. I've learned some new material like Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Greenday and also a neat song that I think is by Eddie Vedder and maybe Alice in chains called "Alone". Neat guitar though. I'll be playing rhytm and some lead and will also play drums and bass for various songs.

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 5th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Iron Man = Black Sabbath...unless there is a cover I didn't know about.

That is awesome, though. I don't see how anyone could keep the two ideas seperate in their mind, though. I mean, to play bass AND lead...it just boggles the mind. Well, it boggles mine anyway.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 5th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Iron Man = Black Sabbath
Andy = nub

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 5th, 2005, 01:33 PM
WOW! That was awsome, much better than that crazy Canadien one man band.

Like the guy said it's similar to playing a piano.

Nyc.Coqui
April 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Man i thats Some Pimp Guitar....He Was Playing Some Sweet Love MuSIC IN THE SECOND VID!!!!LMAO

LA_MERC_Nutria
April 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Wanna learn something cool...
House Full of Bullets by Satriani

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 5th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Ok you nubs.
Andy = very Knowledgable music person. Black Sabbath did write Iron man. Very Nice too. I have the cover version that Metallica did do. They covered it in Newark as a 30 second live improv at Newark, DE 07.08.89 There version had a lot more delay in it with added distortion, very sweet and they were able to play it with just hamering (very nice). I have listed here a VERY long list of songs that Metallica has covered.

So put that in you Pipes and smoke it BOYS, Ownage. I guess only Dirge knows of my musical prowress as I have added some very nice rare songs such as this to his gigs of music. Remeber Robby, it's quality over quatity. Thanks for playing along boys.

CFH = Boon with little musical knowledge other than what he sees on his CD covers.
LaTech = Nice man correcting me, but I didn't need correcting

You see gentlemen the Uber Delete tag is a facade. I am all knowing. I just can't remeber it all at once.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Nice try b00n, but I've never heard trhe Metallica version on the radio. And I bet you that ASCAP doesn't have Metallica as the owners...

You mention quality? Better get on it. Right now you're ISO 0.1000

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 5th, 2005, 05:14 PM
hehe and btw you double download most things. I have to go through and delete the ones you download I already had! :rolleyes:

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 5th, 2005, 05:19 PM
heck with the banter...

I just watched those videos! woah All that guys needs is a bass drum on his back with a cymbal on top and a harmonica in his mouth...

aCiD
April 5th, 2005, 05:20 PM
WOW!

aCiD
April 5th, 2005, 05:22 PM
WOW! that was awesome!!!

LA_MERC_Shadow
April 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM
How does he not get mixed up?

LA_MERC_CS Widow
April 5th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I never EVER want to play guitar again after watching this.
After hearing that, I don't ever want you to play again either!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 5th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Andy you are so full of sh*t your grand kids will have brown eyes. Nice cut/paste job wiseass. You didn't know 25% of that list let alone all the original artist and years recorded.

I have a fan club membership too. LMAO!!! Nice try though. I'll give you ya got me on the Iron Man thing but the rest....

SHENANIGANS!!!

I must admit though, thats one hell of a list. I was aware of probably 65 - 75% of that list. Some cool stuff there.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Oh, BTW, youre new name is LA_MERC_Andy_Gump

because, well, your full of S***!

HENK
April 5th, 2005, 08:22 PM
he ain't got anything else to do than playing this .
but it is really cool if he would beat up the sound some.on the other hand ,it might still be better getting two players ,but then on the other hand , if u would have 2 players playing these ,it would be equal to having 4 ,WOOOT,looks like a music revelution in it's baby shoes.i still can't see it in any metal band ,just by the way it attaches to your belt ,looks kinda like he is,...aheam ...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 5th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Nuthin like a good old AX :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 5th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Lol, Your right Scott I don't know near that whole list. All I knew is that in my vast searches for rare music I had that in my collection. I didn't know how rare until this post (i.e. that it was an improv cover way back and only done once). As for you Robby, your one smart fool, but I will bumb heads with you on overall music knowledge any day. Not only that I will bumb musical knowledge as far as how to read music and how to play it. Most of you guys may not realize this but piano players do that very thing all the time. The right hand plays very independant of the left on the keyboard and will carry bass rhytms to the score. As for your question on how he keeps it straight Dj, it's simple to say but very hard to do. It took me along time to lpay the piano becuase I grew up on a guitar and was use to picking with the right while fretting the left which meant that your hands are playing together where as on the piano the left hand and raight hand are doing there own things. I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers but I get defensive when someone (no names here SCOTT) calls me nub without knowing the facts. Just admit your mistake and give me credit. Metallica did cover iron man by Black Sabbath and I knew it and you didn't. Also credit me with the find on all the Metallica covers from the internet. I needed proof and boom there it was. Peace, I'm out.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 5th, 2005, 10:15 PM
HEHEHE...I live to ruffles feathers. ;)

I gave you your props too f00. You definately had me out flanked on that one but can you say you have first pressings (yes, with the Megaforce logos) of Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning??

MUAHAHAHA!!! :D

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 6th, 2005, 06:29 AM
hehehe, I think Andy has his homepage set to www.google.com lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 6th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Homepage is www.lamerc.com. But google is definately on the favorites list. I'm all about the internet and the advance in technology that keeps information flowing into my grey matter.

Knowledge = Power

but remeber:
Time = Money
and
Power = Work*Time

so solving the power equation and replacing Power and Time as such

knowledge = Work*Money we can deduce that

Money = Knowledge/Work This means that the less we know the more money we'll make as KNowledge approaches zero Money becomes infinite.

(Only us Math Geeks will truely appreciate that one)

And No Scott you have me on the first pressings. In fact I don't have anything with a Megaforce logo on it. I'm not a true metal head. I just use the internet to find some rare music like that to learn from on my Guitar. Next Merc LAN I'll bring my guitar and play some Iron Man for you.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 6th, 2005, 11:53 AM
hehe...deal. :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==