PDA

View Full Version : Temp is retiring from Counter Strike

LA_MERC_Temp
March 28th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Haha, just kidding. Now that I got Op beat in psychostats I shall stop playing. Nah, I just ordered a new computer that will hopefully be in next week. Once I get it I'll be playing the mess out of some CS. BTW, heres the stats of the new computer I'm getting:

Intel 3.4 with HT Technology
2gb ram
74gig 10,000 rpm hard drive
ATI Radeon X850 XT PE 256
Sound blaster audigy 2

Man i cant wait to play CS with good fps. I'll prolly start playing worse than i already do, haha.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 28th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Lol, No excuses now.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
March 28th, 2005, 11:57 AM
hahah.. He should have just got the new computer and not told anyone then if his game got better, he could say it was the new pc.

Just how much are you paying for that thing?

LA_MERC_Temp
March 28th, 2005, 12:07 PM
2200, shipping, tax and everything. i tried pricing it at newegg and it ended up being close to 3 grand after the taxes and shipping. Dell was running a special on the xps gaming system where u got 30% off. Plus since i work for the university of southern mississippi, i get an extra 12% off. Before the discount it was close to 3500. i forgot to mention that it also has dual dvd drives with a dual layer capable dvd burner. so now i can read dvds, haha.

i've been pricing a new computer for a while, and now that i got the job with the school i can afford a new one.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM
That's going to be a pretty sweet machine, but I gotta wonder a couple of things....
why audigy 2 instead of the new audigy 4?
and if this is going to primarily be a gaming machine, why not go AMD? Intel is better for things like video encoding and office apps. but AMD is a far better performer at almost all Games.
Still going to be a kick butt system though.

edit...ohh nm, I didn't read the part where you said it was a dell XPS. that's a great machine, but Dell and AMD dont get along just yet. don't know why they aren't using the audigy4 though.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 28th, 2005, 03:38 PM
WooT... Dude YerR GeTTin a DeLL....

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 28th, 2005, 06:55 PM
nice machine Temp...al right now you and Andy can Awp ***** at lightning speeds..lol

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
March 28th, 2005, 10:38 PM
can you post the link to the comp?

LA_MERC_Temp
March 29th, 2005, 07:05 AM
this is the one i'm getting, u cant copy a link of a customized computer.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_xps4?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I've been watching Dell about two months to see what kind of specials they run. I've noticed that they run the 30% off on the xps system every other week. It's alot better than the monitor upgrades.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
March 29th, 2005, 09:17 AM
i still dont agree with intell over AMD for a gaming machine. intell is more for your "office" at USM. not the gaming scene.

how many places did you look for a comp besides dell and newegg?

LA_MERC_Temp
March 29th, 2005, 10:18 AM
i also checked alienware, but they were hella expensive. i would have liked to have built my own, but for the price of the dell i wasnt going to chance it. plus, since i bought it through the school i get a 3 year waranty. i've also had my current dell computer over 4 years now and loved it. never had any problems with it.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 29th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Any way you cut it that is a good deal for a good computer. I prefer AMD over Intel and I build my own machines and have saved myself hundreds of dollars in doing so but if you have a deal like that I can totally understand doing it. I bought a gateway once. My deal on it was the parents helped pay for it. lol. Plus if you really understood the architecture difference between Intel and AMD along with the lies that Intel told you would forever be an AMD loyalist. A long time ago when Intel and AMD were having the clock speed war, intel decided to CHEAT. They lowered there IPC (Instructions Per Cycle) in order to boost clock speed. yeah they were now going faster but they weren't doing as much work. That is why AMD came out with the XP rating. To show you how they compared to intel. An AMD 2.2 Ghz can do the work of an Intel 3 Ghz, so AMD calls there 2.2 an XP3000 (or very close to it). We learned all this at the 2001 winter CPL Counter Strike Wolrd Championship and actually AMD paid us 50 dollars to sit in a 30 minute lecture to tell us this and ask us questions. Now thats marketing at its finest. hehehehehe. Just FYI.

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 29th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Either way...I just saved a bundle on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
March 29th, 2005, 10:44 AM
P.S. But Intel did take us out that night and paid for everyhting. Remeber that night Darren, Whoa what a night. My favorite part was the waitress in D.I.C.K.S in Dallas told us that in 40 years of service they had never thrown anyone out. We got thrown out not once but Twice.

LA_MERC_Diesel
March 29th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Now I can believe onji got thrown out of a bar...but you Andy... ;)
did Scott get to much fudge in Canada? :stick

LA_MERC_Temp
March 29th, 2005, 03:56 PM
just checked the status of my computer and its now in transit....looks like i might be owning some folks as early as friday night.

LA_MERC_Temp
March 31st, 2005, 05:34 PM
Well, got the computer in and ran 3dmark 2003 and scored 13088. This thing is huge too.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==