PDA

View Full Version : Moving...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 01:39 AM
IF any of the South Carolina Guys are going to be free this weekend, I could use an extra set of hands. The main things I need help w/ are the Washer/ Dryer and my King Sized bed. It would just make things a lot easier w/ 2 or more extra sets of hands. Mom and I will be around all weekend...although she has a meeting at 7AM sat morning, I'll of course be off, and If I'm not here on Edisto, I have directions to the new place posted in the "Help Needed" thread.

Peace - Jayson

LA_MERC_Maverick
March 4th, 2005, 08:11 AM
hey man, ill be available in the morning and early afternoon, so ill stop by around 10 to help out.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 4th, 2005, 08:15 AM
I should be able to lend a hand as well. I am working in Florence today, so I will not be sleeping in too late in the morning. Hehehe.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 4th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Jayson, Im sorry if i doent make it this weekend dude, I got 2, 40 foot telephone poles to take down at our church :(

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 4th, 2005, 09:27 AM
YD, get a chainsaw.

Madmax, wish I could help, bud....but I'm going to be in Baton Rouge with the folks (plus the 12 hour drive would be killer)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Aight - thanks guys - I'll probably be still at in Sunday as well. Anybody can just stop by at anytime - If I'm not at one house, I'll be at the other, so just wait at whichever you get too and I'll be back shortly enough.

Plus - Yeller - I gotta figure out something to do with this damn little blue car of my moms. You know of a junkyard that would take it? I do have a clean title.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Oh and BTW, If anybody wants to stop by "after work" this evening, I'm gonna be moving some small stuff, but if I have help, I'll move some of the bigger stuff tonight as well. Also, somebody ask Joey if he's available too. I'd love to see him anyway.

cd
March 4th, 2005, 12:09 PM
what kind of car is it, how much do you want, and is it reliable enough to make a 6 hour drive? I've got ideas(college does wonderful things for you)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Nah - it doesn't even run right now Corbin...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 4th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Jayson if you want me to take if off your hands I will. More than likeky It will end up at the scrap yard if I take it... Steel is going good enough right now for it to be worth the haul.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 03:22 PM
You can have it Parker...I don't think its gonna be worth anything for anything else to be honest with ya.

LA_MERC_Sniper
March 4th, 2005, 06:08 PM
hey man dont think ill be able to do anything i will be in lynchburg all day hopefully fixin an oil leak on my car sorry

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Aight - it looks like Jason and Henry are who I have lined up definately. Mom has a meeting from 7am-930am. I will take a load of some more small stuff after I take her in the morning. I have to be at BBY to pick her up at 930, and I'll come back to Edisto - I also have to go to Food Lion and get some Boxes. She's gonna box while we haul, and If nothing else, I can move the boxes by myself. The main things I need help w/ are the big bed, the recliner, the bookcases and the washer and dryer. David is also supposed to help after he gets off work, and he's gonna try to get off early.

Mom is also going to cook hotdogs and have chips for lunch, if that's ok, we'll probably do that at the new house as this one is a disaster area. I still have to find a place to sleep tonight...lol. Also let me know what kind of soda's y'all want, and I'll get us some soda's. I would say I'd have us a cold beverage, but that may be counter-productive...lmao.

If anybody else finds that they can help, just come by. Mom will probably be here at Edisto most of the afternoon, so if my truck isn't here, just knock.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 09:05 PM
OH BTW!!!
If either of y'all have any rope or bungies PLEASE bring them. I'm still trying to figure how I'm gonna move that King size mattress on a Pickup...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 4th, 2005, 09:08 PM
OH!!! ALSO If y'all have any old newspapers bring them too.

cd
March 6th, 2005, 09:26 AM
When I got rid of my old truck, they brought the roll back to the house to pick it up and gave me $75. Might consider that.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==