PDA

View Full Version : Proud dad...with pics

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
February 28th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Here are a few pictures of my oldest daughter Victoria TEARING IT UP at the USA Spirit Jr Nationals this weekend. Her team qualified for the Nationals in both 5 person stunt group and small team (6-18 members). This year she is co-captain and the top "flyer" for the team.

Her stunt group didn't place in the top 3 but she NAILED a "scorpion" for the first time in competition. It's the pic of her bent back grabbing her foot. The toe touch has INSANE height for her age category (she's 13). I didn't realize how high she was until I saw the pic. :eek:

The full team ended up taking 5th overall and got a HUGE trophy.

The other pic is just a real nice "lib". This weekend she has State finals at Six Flags Magic Mtn. Don't ask me why Nationals are BEFORE state. Anyways, I'm really proud of her. :)

LA_MERC_goose
March 1st, 2005, 05:58 AM
Sw33t! She definitely got some air on that throw. And if I was ever able to grab my foot behind my head, someone would be calling 911 to come get my loose cause I would be totally stuck.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 1st, 2005, 06:09 AM
Wow, she flies higher than you do when you get hit by Andy's crowbar!

SweetGirL
March 1st, 2005, 07:18 AM
Your daughter is beautiful, CFH..........she must take after her mother. *snickers*

SnAkEbItE
March 1st, 2005, 07:22 AM
Very nice there Scott, I don't think I could stand to be tossed that high...

I also agree with Sweet's she has to take after mom cause well your mug is ugly lol

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 1st, 2005, 09:03 AM
Very nice there Scott, I don't think I could stand to be tossed that high...

Ive seen you...it would take a solid booster rocket from the space shuttle to get you that high Snake. :p:

As to the assertion my daughter gets her looks from her mother, I'd kindly direct you to my OTHER 2 children...THEN to my ex-wife's second child. Case closed. :D

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2005, 09:39 AM
I can't stand to get on a ladder, much less have someone throw me in the air!

Anyway - congrats, and tell Victoria congrats from Maxie :)

LA_MERC_Drax
March 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM
Looks like you're gonna have a fun time keeping the boys away from her CFH. Good thing you get to carry a gun legally ;)

LA_MERC_Spark
March 1st, 2005, 12:07 PM
LMAO @ Scott! b00n! BTW awesome pics d00d!

|Team Moped| Kripto
March 1st, 2005, 12:33 PM
That's crazy, I was just at a competition this weekend too! My girlfriend is a cheer coach for an All Star program here in des Moines. They are heading down to Disney real soon too for nationals. Is your daughter on a school team or a gym’s? Around here schools normally don’t have teams that are at a competing level.

Wow that is a really good scorpion! That's not easy at all.

I can’t even touch my toes!

LA_MERC_BS
March 1st, 2005, 12:50 PM
lol .... most of those moves would probably land all of us in the hospital if we tried them.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
She's on a school team. The crazy thing is the town is so small the school is K-8th grade. She's in 8th grade this year. She's pretty lucky her team is as good as it is. Her bases are great too. The high school coach has even hinted at a varsity spot for her as a freshman now that she has her round off back handspring and that scorpion. I'm not sure I want my 14 yr old hanging out with 17 year old high school cheerleaders though. :eek:
Might have to :ara: those :booyah: and show them the :jail:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2005, 02:12 PM
The town is so small? I saw Lakewood, CA on the show Cops Sat. night. Although I know things are different in CA, but according to the 2000 census, Lakewood has approx 80,000 people, and is a part of the LA Metropolitan Statistical Area, over here in SC, Florence has approx 50,000 and is it's OWN MSA...lmao. In SC we have:

Columbia: 120,000 city, 500,000 metro
Charleston 90,000 city, 450,000 metro
Greenville 70,000 city, 350,000 metro (Greenville/Spartanburg MSA)
Florence 50,000 city, 300,000 metro (Florence/Myrtle Beach MSA)

And that's 'bout it, unless you count Sumter which is 40,000 city and 120,000 metro, but they have Shaw AFB, which makes up like 50% of the population, and Rock Hill (40,000 city) which is part of the Charlotte MSA.

Heh, small town - I consider Timmonsville a small town with 1,200 people or Manning with 2,500, or Darlington with 5,500, or even Hartsville 8,000.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 1st, 2005, 02:24 PM
lol...she doesn't live with me, she lives with her mother. The town is called Romoland. Ring that up and see what ya get. Should be around 2500 peeps.

Hawthorne, where I work is populated. 6 sq miles and 85k people

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 1st, 2005, 02:25 PM
2,764 to be exact :)

|Team Moped| Kripto
March 1st, 2005, 02:25 PM
Is she going to Florida nationals or is there another 'nationals' that i dont know about?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 1st, 2005, 02:34 PM
The way I understand "Nationals" at least at the Jr level is they are more like regionals. Your g/f would probably know better then me. This weekend was at Disneyland (Anahiem Conv Center) and was for non-high school teams. They had teams with members as young 8. Some of those "mite" teams were pretty good too.
Her squad is in the second to the top class, top being 18+ member squads.

This weekend she will be in an open class 6-18 member teams and she'll be up against non-varsity level high school teams. Hopefully, I have some more pics next week. This is also the last competition of the year for her.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 1st, 2005, 06:06 PM
Where was this Scott? I was talking with a woman today that was showing me pictures of her Grand Daughter as a Cheerleader competition in Atlanta.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Anahiem, Cal.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
March 1st, 2005, 07:25 PM
OK..just making sure...must have been a lot of cheerleading comps going on around the US then.

aCiD
March 1st, 2005, 08:27 PM
wow... i wish i could jump without hurting my freaking ankles... BAH lol

LA_MERC_Shadow
March 2nd, 2005, 01:14 PM
Hope they do well! You mentioned the high school team...are they any good? It'd be sad if she went there after this and they weren't that competative.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
March 2nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
They are pretty decent from what I understand. The HS 2 towns over are the local powerhouse though.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==