PDA

View Full Version : New toy

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
February 27th, 2005, 09:54 AM
This is where most of my time and energy has been going lately. Good buddy of mine kept hounding me to go look at this thing (77 International scoutII) and I finally made the trek to check it out. The guy I bought it from is a car/truck restoring freak, he had like 12 vehicles on his property. He was asking 750.00 for it and I thought it would be a rusted wreck hunk O' junk. To my surprise it's in pretty good shape. I pulled out 450.00 in cash and he took it because he was in seriuos need of money at the time. The crazy thing is, everything is original and works, interior needs nothing, not even a rip in the seat, even the stock am radio and 1 speaker..lol. Because they salted the roads here until 85' it does have some "cancer" issues that we have started to address. Today Im torching out the rocker panels on both sides and replacing with ones I picked up off a junker. Its got a v-8 304, runs very strong, tranny is sound as is drivetrain and rear end. He nailed a deer in the left front and Im waiting for my new grill off e-bay and already have another hood that is flawless and is the same color. Got it tagged and insured thursday and took it out in the woods, all I can say is AWESOME. It will just about climb a tree in 4lo. Well, bout time to get mah torch out..wish me luck, I will post more pics as the transformation happens.

Peace
Rick

LA_MERC_Sniper
February 27th, 2005, 10:52 AM
saweet man i always wanted one of those will prob get one one day have to finish my jeep first hheeh congrats

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
February 27th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Thx man:) Can you say Huntin Machine..w00t

LA_MERC_Drax
February 27th, 2005, 11:11 AM
You gonna put a lift and tires on it? Looks pretty sweet rick :)

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
February 27th, 2005, 11:38 AM
yep..already looking into lift's...its leaf all the way around so Im trying to figure out the best way to go. Not a crazy lift, just enough to tuck like 33's under it.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 27th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Sweet man! I love those old Scouts...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 27th, 2005, 10:02 PM
450 was a steal, that truck looks good even for around here where rust aint as big a problem. Those old scouts are hard top come by now a days. Take care of that one, and dont tear it up in the woods.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 28th, 2005, 06:20 AM
I guess I'm a noob (no comments from the spectators please), I've never seen one of those before.

LA_MERC_Sniper
March 1st, 2005, 01:34 PM
really? they dont make them anymore used to be real popular

LA_MERC_LaTech
March 1st, 2005, 01:47 PM
Aahhh...the old IH Scout...ridden in one of those before

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM
Taht looks like a lot of fun to play around with and work on. I miss having an old car or bronco around the house I could tinker with.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==