PDA

View Full Version : Your machine will run source if mine will

LA_MERC_Sniper
February 26th, 2005, 09:26 AM
hey everybody i didnt think that mine would run source but it does fine the only time i have any problems is in the actual hl2 RPG
1 gig proc
80 gig HD
512 ram
gforce 2 vid
this is wat i have and i had no no no problems last night and I had a blast so some of you guys and gals try to getit you will not be disappointed. So Slingblade I know you were one that didnt think you could run it well i think you can :D :ldm :) :stick :stick :stick :stick :glass

LA_MERC_Nutria
February 26th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Yeah you were shooting me just fine ya bastage.

LA_MERC_Sniper
February 26th, 2005, 09:40 AM
hehe i think im going to like source lol

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
February 26th, 2005, 09:41 AM
hmmmm.....Well I guess Iwill have to try it now. Soooo tired of joing random 1.6 servers and playing with arse clown's.. If nothing else, Im sure the wifes machine with new vid. card will run it. Since she has no interest in source, I will kick her over to mine for gameing time :). She commented the other night "Ya know, its so much fun when the other Merc's are here. I was like yeah..I know :( Im heading to best-buy right now dern it..yall keep your fingers crossed.

LA_MERC_Nutria
February 26th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Sniper, I am usually on at about 9pm central on weeknights... after the Lil Nutch is in bed. On weekends, I never know when I am getting on.

npor
February 26th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Actually, that GF2 is only running DX7. Since the Game is DX9, I guess you probably didn't see any of the water effects, bumpmapping, or basically any of the good effects the game is known for.

Of course, if you have a video card that is DX9 or DX8 compatible, and you find it runs to slow for you, you can play in DX7 mode...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM
uhhh so? he can play it. who cares if it's that pretty. even in DX7 mode, it's a lot prettier than 1.6.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 26th, 2005, 05:55 PM
werd!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 27th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Actually, that GF2 is only running DX7. Since the Game is DX9, I guess you probably didn't see any of the water effects, bumpmapping, or basically any of the good effects the game is known for.

Of course, if you have a video card that is DX9 or DX8 compatible, and you find it runs to slow for you, you can play in DX7 mode...

You can run the game in any directx version you like. The lower the directx version, the less "eye candy" you will see but the better the game may run. For those with slower systems, you may want to try a lower directx version to get better fps. You may also try to lower your sound settings through the ingame options and also lower the hardware sound acceleration. Do this by typing dxdiag in the run command and then go to the sound tab and lower the acceleration to basic.

The commands are listed below are for changing the directx version that Source uses.

In your autoexec.cfg (you may have to create this file) put:

"mat_dxlevel 70" for DirectX 7.0
"mat_dxlevel 80" for DirectX 8.0
"mat_dxlevel 81" for DirectX 8.1
"mat_dxlevel 90" for DirectX 9.0

Or in your Launch Options put:

"-dxlevel 70" for DirectX 7.0
"-dxlevel 80" for DirectX 8.0
"-dxlevel 81" for DirectX 8.1
"-dxlevel 90" for DirectX 9.0

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==