PDA

View Full Version : Formal announcment

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 18th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I hereby declare that I am envious of those currently on their way to the LAN
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

well, at least I get to go golfing tomorrow morning....

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 18th, 2005, 10:10 AM
YEah - they can all suck rotten eggs ... j/k

And I don't even get to go "golfing" tomorrow - I gotta work all weekend :(

LA_MERC_BS
February 18th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I'm on call all weekend. I thought about maybe riding over there tomorrow to visit.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
February 18th, 2005, 04:28 PM
I just got back in from spending another glorious week in Charleston, SC. and living in Isle of Palms.

LA_MERC_goose
February 18th, 2005, 05:16 PM
AHHH, MAN! That new bridge is beautiful!

LA_MERC_Drax
February 18th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I head down tomorrow morning :) let the drinking festivities begin...although im sure some of them have started with out me....

texan
February 19th, 2005, 08:38 PM
i went friday don't really know if i will go back saterday/sunday

HENK
February 20th, 2005, 04:15 AM
at this point drax is passed out under the tables .watch out ,sparks gonna paint u ***** !lol

[sG] Dutchman
February 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM
:soapbox :4col: :banghead :pump1:
I just got back in from spending another glorious week in Charleston, SC. and living in Isle of Palms.
ok ok I mad you get nice weather, and what do you get ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 INCHES OF SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is beginning to make me mad well i'm going SHOVELIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Nutria
February 20th, 2005, 08:34 AM
After I got home from the LAN Friday night I got really sick. Couldn't go back Saturday and still feeling bad today, Sunday. Wish I could go back to meet the rest of the guys.

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 20th, 2005, 09:55 AM
I'm in Frederick, MD and am having a blast (supposed to maybe snow up to 1 inch today!). Hope everyone is having a good time at the lan!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 20th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Sorry I missed you Nutria, I was down there for most of the day on Sat. Was a lot of fun. Was great meeting you other nubs. As for Spark...lets just say he's not the brightest mug in the group haha.

LA_MERC_Spark
February 20th, 2005, 06:21 PM
......... now why say a thing like that man!?! LAN was great fun! Im a little sleep deprived and a LOT hungover but it was worth it..

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 20th, 2005, 06:54 PM
HAHA cause you kept complaining only about every 30 min your mug wasn't as bright as everyone elses.

LA_MERC_Spark
February 20th, 2005, 09:08 PM
lol! i know.... it's true man!! I got scammed!

aCiD
February 20th, 2005, 09:27 PM

omg evil bridge....i can hardly go on that thing... i get so sick feeling...my palms are swaeting looking at it lol

LA_MERC_Temp
February 21st, 2005, 07:40 AM
i had an awesome time at the lan. thanks for the invite and a special thanks to sparky. if it wasnt for him, 4 of us would not have been able to play cs source or hl2 deathmatch. it was a good thing he lived close and had high speed internet.

SweetGirL
February 21st, 2005, 07:40 AM
OMG what a trip!!! I had a FANTASTIC time everyone!!! It was AWESOME to get to meet everyone face to face .... although I kept asking "now, who are you?" lol Boy oh boy, the stories to tell!! (I'm sorry for "violating" you, Andy......but it had to be done. :ldm) You guys are just the cutest, funniest group of folks!! well, even Draxilla too :rolleyes: haha ~Sam~

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 21st, 2005, 07:53 AM
We missed ya Sabre, of course we miss ya every year :stick
some thoughts of the lan.....
Wow to hear Outkast speak in person was great.
Sweetgirl is really sweet..lol
Everyone b|tched about Op's hax
Spark B|tched about everything ;)
Yankee, Dirge, and Andy were...foul friday
Widow is a vampire
Scott likes to get beat like Rodney King with Toby's stun stick
Andy is a crowbar fool
Friendly Fire is the best... ;) sorry big A
To see people drooling on their keyboards is so funnny
the floor was not comfortable to sleep on
I would have driven 7 hrs just to see Andy and Reed spoon on that couch sleeping
while Reed complained about the "power chord" sticking in his back.
but most of all, it is great to see those that love MERC and to see the
comroderity that comes out of these things is great.
ahhh I could go on forever.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 21st, 2005, 08:02 AM
I'm glad you guys had a good time. All weekend I was saying things like this:

Friday afternoon:

Well, right now I should be driving to NOLA

Friday evening:

Well, right now I would probably be playing CS or even having a brew with the MERCS.

Saturday morning:

Right now, I would be hung over (possibly), or at best really tired and ready to do it again.

Saturday evening:

Man I wish I was there :(

Sunday afternoon:

Right now, I could be eating crawfish.

By the end of the weekend, Wendy was wishing I was in NOLA...lol...j/k, it was a very busy weekend for us. Besides I got to go golfing for the first time in over a year.

HENK
February 21st, 2005, 08:07 AM
"lol! i know.... it's true man!! I got scammed!"

i guess its just hard to shine next to you ,hehe

MindWerks
February 21st, 2005, 08:24 AM
So what games do you guys play on the lan? Is is just CS?

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 21st, 2005, 08:52 AM
CS Source, CS 1.6, BF:Vietnam, HL2: Deathmatch, LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth
were the games of choice this time.

LA_MERC_Shadow
February 21st, 2005, 09:31 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the invite to the LAN, guys. Had a great time! It awesome to finally meet yall. And get my butt kicked in All those games. LOL.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 21st, 2005, 10:10 AM
LOL Shadow. you did pretty good, atleast in Source and 1.6. I wasn't on with you in any of the others.

LA_MERC_Drax
February 21st, 2005, 10:15 AM
Yea, the floor was very uncomfortable to pas...i mean sleep on. And on a side note, no matter what anyone says, unless theres a pic to prove it, i didn't happen ;)

SweetGirL
February 21st, 2005, 10:44 AM
ROFLMBO! Diesel summed it all up pretty well. However, here's my take on things:

Spark drank - never once saw him eat - ALWAYS saw him drinking :stpat2
Spark's farts are LETHAL MOFO'S!!!! :fart
Spark also knows to NOT answer the phone when he's on the John!!
Onji doesn't talk much......have to watch out for those "silent types" lol ;)
Heater and Drifter were my favorite targets!! (I whipped their arses over and over again!! WEEEEE!!!)
Diesel tells the best stories and makes you fall down laughin'!!
Ops is just an all-around sweety....although he needs to stop killing me in the game!!! :sad:
Andy is the joker from hell!! Couldn't stop laughing at all him the entire time!!
Dirge - sorry for unpluggin' your system when I went under the table to "violate" Andy............had to be done! My knee is bruised and cut from squashing the cords! lol
CO was a sweetheart!
Yankee....another quiet one :ldm
Finally got to meet Temp! (Stop awping me, ya foo!)
CFH was just a sweetheart! Widow (Robyn) is absolutely a cutey and sooo sweet & fun! (We found a ring, and I thought it was yours, Robyn - did you get it from Yankee??)
Nutria and Tex were only there for a short time when I got there. (Sorry you weren't feeling well.)
Henk was adorable and loads of fun to talk with!!
I corrupted LawDog with my cigarettes....he had quit smoking, but I think he's off the wagon now! lol
Drax was MIA on Saturday night after Hooters. I even stayed up til 12:30am to play games, and you NEVER came back!! (Drax thought he was going to have to fight off the women.............I never saw that happening! ahaha) :tosser
1/4 of the people bummed smokes off of me!!
I didn't drink....although Pete gave me the cute flashing mug! Weeeeee!
I changed clothes more then an actress at the Oscars!!
I checked the scales this morning......gained FOUR FREAKIN POUNDS!!! :help :cryy
I had a great time!! Missed all those that couldn't make it!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
February 21st, 2005, 11:01 AM
It was that damn coleslaw and crackers that did it to ya Sweetz. Was great meeting you and Pete.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 21st, 2005, 11:05 AM
AND that my friends...... Is the most I've seen Sweets speak up at one time " EVER " !!

Glad to here how much fun everyone had. :)

LA_MERC_Drax
February 21st, 2005, 11:41 AM
AND that my friends...... Is the most I've seen Sweets speak up at one time " EVER " !!

And thats the first time i've seen her post and not be rippin on me...

I made it back to the lan sat night about 3 am or so....wooo i was tanked, not exactly sure what happenend all that night, but its coming back slowly.

LA_MERC_Nutria
February 21st, 2005, 11:51 AM
I knew I should have took a whole bunch of medicine and went back. I missed all the fun. Although I did sneak one on Andy.

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 21st, 2005, 12:08 PM
Nutria you heard from CT about what his excuse was? Was the 40 minute drive too much? We already heard BS's sad story what was his
:stick

The best part about the crawfish boil, is it allowed us to unwind and tell all the stories while they were fresh.
and we got a new one..we learned what a silent 22 sounds like..Dirge showed off his subsonic 22, that you only heard the fence crack when it hit it....that is some noisy ass wood!!! :p: lol

It is amazing how well we get to know each other in such a realatively short time.

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 21st, 2005, 12:44 PM
Did anyone get any pictures? It sounds like you guys had way too good of a time!!!!

SweetGirL
February 21st, 2005, 12:57 PM
It was that damn coleslaw and crackers that did it to ya Sweetz. Was great meeting you and Pete.

That damn coleslaw had too much sugar in it, and THAT is what gave me the weight gain.........or it could've been the 1/2 pickle I had for dessert! lol It was great meeting you too, CO!! All of you guys were just fun to hang around! I felt like "one of the boys".....so to speak. *giggles*

Silent_Killer
February 21st, 2005, 03:35 PM
hrmmm......about 1 hr 15-30 min from my house and i couldnt even go. age hax

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 21st, 2005, 04:27 PM
I felt like "one of the boys".....so to speak. *giggles*

Boys don't "giggle" .. haha.. Yeah, it was great meeting everyone. I had a blast.. woohooo

HENK
February 21st, 2005, 04:39 PM
hmm eating 1\2 ounce of food over a periond of 3 days ,will not make u gain 3 pounds sweetgirl,lol
maybe u just put all these cloth on top of each other therefore the weightgain?.oh and by the way thx for the smokes ,i will blame my cancer on u .
yo drax ,nice action trying to climb that fence .i think without sparks support u would be still hanging there starving to death.

LA_MERC_Drax
February 21st, 2005, 06:27 PM
It was illegal op that caught me on the other side of the fence....

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 21st, 2005, 06:35 PM
ah ha ha ha...... you cant leave us hanging during a drunk story... (no pun intended)

HENK
February 21st, 2005, 07:57 PM
oooops u see i might have had a beer or 20 too,
allright all the credits go to ill op!!!!

SweetGirL
February 21st, 2005, 08:14 PM
hmm eating 1\2 ounce of food over a periond of 3 days ,will not make u gain 3 pounds sweetgirl,lol
maybe u just put all these cloth on top of each other therefore the weightgain?.

Perhaps I should just eat 1/4 ounce of food over 3 days next time.....hmmmm. LOL

Everyone is talking about my clothes!!! Don't you people know how women REALLY are??!! I have a huge walk-in closet with clothes everywhere!!! Pete only has about 24" to hang "his" clothes in there....the rest are mine!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 21st, 2005, 10:46 PM
Boys don't "giggle" .. haha.. Yeah, it was great meeting everyone. I had a blast.. woohooo

I can officially say that Josh H. (IamTylerDurden) giggles, and giggles like a girl...but anyway -

glad y'all had fun, and I wish I'd been there, maybe next time :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==