PDA

View Full Version : Blockland!!

LA_MERC_Onji
February 9th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Who wants to play blockland with me!

Basically its a multiplayer game where you just build stuff with leggos lol, its free.
Let me know!

http://www.ageoftime.com/blockland/index.asp?p=media

[sG] Dutchman
February 9th, 2005, 04:43 PM
ok but i'm suck when I click open I don't know what to do it says open with web or a program you have...help?

NoXiOuS
February 9th, 2005, 05:02 PM
hey onji, how do i join your server?

LA_MERC_goose
February 9th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Got the program, give me a server and I'll join.

LA_MERC_Onji
February 9th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Dutchman']ok but i'm suck when I click open I don't know what to do it says open with web or a program you have...help?

its a rar file, its another way of zipping something. YOu need to download winrar to unrar it. http://www.rarlabs.com

And Nox i just got home let me figure it out real quick

LA_MERC_Onji
February 9th, 2005, 05:34 PM
ok you should see my server in the server list when you refresh, its called Onji's server, and the password is, blah

and i have no clue what im doing lol

[sG] Dutchman
February 9th, 2005, 06:40 PM
kk i'm got da winrar thing mabopper so i'll install it :)

LA_MERC_goose
February 10th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Thanks, Onji. That was hours of hullarious fun.

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

LA_MERC_Onji
February 10th, 2005, 06:55 AM
yeah it was a blast!! i just uploaded all of my screenshots:

http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/blockland/

i couldnt find screenshots for the 1st map, i think they overwrite each other :(

LA_MERC_Drifter
February 10th, 2005, 08:03 AM
This was a really cool game and what potential it has.
I had a blast playing and will prob keep playing it for a while lol

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 10th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I knew my stairway to heaven was usefull!!!! Is this a staic server or do we have to preplan more playtimes? We can meet over at my house for milk and cookies and watch thundercats!

LA_MERC_Onji
February 10th, 2005, 08:38 AM
i'll have the server up again tonight, we may need to restart that map so it wont get too laggy with all the blocks on there lol

[sG] Dutchman
February 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
let all and play tonight onji I still can't figure out how to talk or use my jetpack yet soo :)

LA_MERC_goose
February 10th, 2005, 02:15 PM
You talk by moving your lips and making sounds come out of your mouth - putting the sounds together to make words - putting words together to make sentences. That's how you talk.

Now the jet pack, it's the right mouse button.

Silent_Killer
February 10th, 2005, 02:41 PM
i wanna play but i dont want to get yell'd at for downloading all that stuff

LA_MERC_goose
February 10th, 2005, 03:23 PM
It's not like it's alot, the rar file contains the program and the other is the link to a program that opens the rar file. Stop whinning and download it already! lol

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 10th, 2005, 03:56 PM
It's not like it's alot, the rar file contains the program and the other is the link to a program that opens the rar file. Stop whinning and download it already! lol

Goose...Shhhh... dont say that...

SK its a real big file, Like even bigger than DOOM3, and it will take you days to download it... Better not try it unless you have a lot of room on your computer ...Like 30 or 40 gigs anyway.

NoXiOuS
February 10th, 2005, 10:22 PM
can't wait to see the screenies of castle Fubar. lol
i built a wall and the outhouse lol

LA_MERC_Onji
February 11th, 2005, 06:26 AM
whew. another great night last night. We all worked together this time on one build instead of our own little projects, i present to you Castle Fubar

http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/blockland/2/

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 11th, 2005, 06:30 AM
And what castle is complete without an outhouse? Honestly...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 11th, 2005, 06:57 AM
WooT...

We Built that thing for about 3 or 4 hours last night,

Goose, Onji, Noxious, Moped, Drifter, Sniper and ME :)

It was big D4/\/\ Castle!

Sorry if i left anyone out..

NoXiOuS
February 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
they need to implement the lego vehicles, and space editions, and maybe all the theme ones. like star wars.
this has so much potential

yeah, my outhouse was an architectural masterpiece, till i barricaded myself in it.

LA_MERC_Sniper
February 11th, 2005, 01:38 PM
haha i gues onji finally got out of the jail we built around him HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

LA_MERC_Onji
February 11th, 2005, 01:40 PM
lol yeah yeah yall suck, i know now to go far far away when im gonna be afk lol, even my hammer couldnt get me out of there, had to use the wand.

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 11th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Sniper stuck up for you though, he made us put a window in it. You were in a light tight box...roasting in the sun! a ha ha ha!!!!

Another question though, is there something we can do to make it less laggy, or is it just the fact we are useing a free program? I kept having a blinking green disconnect light alot. i know it's being run off your computer at home so it's no big deal.

[sG] Dutchman
February 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM
why isn't the server up I wanted to see the castel put the server back up onji

LA_MERC_Onji
February 11th, 2005, 01:55 PM
it depends on how many blocks you have in one particular area, like last night was rough because of the castle, and the night before, everything was kind of spread out, so it was ok. So it just depends

LA_MERC_Onji
February 11th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Dutchman']why isn't the server up I wanted to see the castel put the server back up onji
its up, but im currently uploading some files so its really slow at the moment, i'll disable the uploads when i get home. also we need to clean the map and start over too, so get ready for some magic wanding :)

[sG] Dutchman
February 11th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I don't see it up

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 11th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Get a magnifying glass...

LA_MERC_Drifter
February 11th, 2005, 03:23 PM
bad Tech.....hahahahahahahaha!!!111

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
OUCH!!!! Tech-1 Duch-0 :slap

[sG] Dutchman
February 11th, 2005, 06:40 PM
OMG I went off after onji went to eat I came back at 7:00 to play and onji your I think trapped right now in a tower covered in yellow everything is yellow and a wall has yellow written .................. take a look your self :dunno

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 12th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Gone skiing?????

Well it wont let me post my pics.... but they're cool. Drifter built a huge bridge and i built a ski boat under it. I'll try again tomorrow!!!! It's UBER COOOL

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 12th, 2005, 08:08 AM
HERE YA GO GUYS :)

GOOD JOB :)

[sG] Dutchman
February 12th, 2005, 08:36 AM
how do you take pic evertime I do it comes out all green and a blank screens for my pics

LA_MERC_Onji
February 12th, 2005, 09:07 AM
ctrl-p

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 12th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Dutchman']how do you take pic evertime I do it comes out all green and a blank screens for my pics

Dont Look down at the ground when you take pictures. They turn out better that way.

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 12th, 2005, 10:19 AM
He he... Yeh, if someobdy stands behind the boat it looks like they are skiing. Drifter, you did alot to that bridge after I left.

LA_MERC_Drifter
February 12th, 2005, 12:20 PM
yeah i went back this mornin and added another section to the bridge. dutch popped in and helped with it. bad thing was the server reset right berfore i got a screen shot of it... lol...oh well, there's always next time

NoXiOuS
February 12th, 2005, 01:50 PM
i saw we go for a sky scraper one day.

[sG] Dutchman
February 13th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Dont Look down at the ground when you take pictures. They turn out better that way.

I don't look at the ground its werid does it matter what view your in? ok i got it look what I did to my self I forgot to bring a hammer and trapped myself :) that thats my dead body your looking at :)

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 13th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I happend to have my task manager open when I was playing Blockland trying to track down the lag and noticed that my CPU was maxed out. Is that happening to everyone? is there someway we can dump the workload to GPU instead?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==