PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras

LA_MERC_Drax
February 7th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Well, spent sat night on bourbon street, have pics, but um....they MAY be inappropriate. Seems like the more times i've been to mardi gras, the more i get aggraviated with the crowd. We ended up leaving the street and going to & (its a club). I felt just slightly out of place there, high energy techno club, with everyone wearing their party glasses(those old sun glasses that i guess are comign in style). First time i've ever been to new orleans and went out and came back home sober....what a waste...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 7th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Seems like the more times i've been to mardi gras, the more i get aggraviated with the crowd....

I know the feeling..

LA_MERC_Spark
February 7th, 2005, 07:55 AM
saturday night is a real bulr to me....... i left home on friday night and didn't see my house until sunday

BooM
February 8th, 2005, 12:49 PM
ive never been in the french quarter during mardi gras... ME<--- non drinker.
id like to goto some parades on madri gras day(today) but im at work :(

HENK
February 8th, 2005, 01:51 PM
im starting to want it to be all over now ,....

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 8th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Well that is disappointing, I’ve always wanted to come down for it... here in Iowa city it's a blast. Our campus has a little bit of a drinking problem. An average public campus has between 4-8 drinking establishments within walking distance of campus. This includes restaurants that serve. We have over 65 (down from 74 my sophomore year) So most people have a good time... a little too good. On top of it 72% of the drinking in downtown Iowa City are accounted for by undergrads...most of who are under 21....

I can’t wait to process some of the pictures at work tomorrow.

HENK
February 8th, 2005, 08:41 PM
it was good ,but i m completly exhausted so no partee for me tonight.
i lso think it wasnt as crouwded as the last years,u could even get some hotel rooms this year !!!

JUNKY
February 10th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Well, spent sat night on bourbon street, have pics, but um....they MAY be inappropriate. Seems like the more times i've been to mardi gras, the more i get aggraviated with the crowd. We ended up leaving the street and going to & (its a club). I felt just slightly out of place there, high energy techno club, with everyone wearing their party glasses(those old sun glasses that i guess are comign in style). First time i've ever been to new orleans and went out and came back home sober....what a waste...

Yeah -- I know what you mean - I was out on Bourbon St. Fri Night and Sat night, and slipped down to Decatur too Sat night - bourbon seemed filled with a buch of dorks out trying to see a breast for the first time or something. Or maybe I'm just getting older. Anyways, spent most of my time in Bourbon Street Blues Company and Razzoo - buddy of mine works there (both are owned by same people) and we were all able to slip in and save on some cover.

LA_MERC_Drax
February 10th, 2005, 04:52 PM
The BBC is a fun place, upstairs has some cool drink specials. Just beware of the shot girls in BBC, they don't ask you if you want the shot, they cram it in your throat and then make you pay for it. They got me twice in one screwing. Damn double teaming shot girls..(i think thats the only time you'll hear that come out of my mouth)

JohnXDoeX
February 14th, 2005, 03:04 AM
I think that since I have had Mardi Gras all my life I am now getting annoyed by it. In fact I don't know how, but I managed to not see a single parade this mardi gras, but there is always st. patties parade so It's not over yet (seeing a parade).

NOLAFF-Chad
February 16th, 2005, 09:13 PM
My friend got us seats on their bleachers outside of his restaurant. We went to some parades Monday night and from my view, I never saw the crowds more than two people deep. That was just sad. It should have been more like 5 or 6 people deep. We caught tons of beads and stayed out all night. We didn't even bother going out on Tuesday!

HENK
February 16th, 2005, 09:37 PM
same here ,liver couldnt take tuesday and im glad i stayed home.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==