PDA

View Full Version : Monitor?

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 2nd, 2005, 06:46 AM
On startup the text and icons displayed, on IE and Desktop, is very blurred. But after a few minutes the text becomes clearer. The other night I left my PC on overnight and when I checked it in the morning, the screen and text were perfectly crisp.

I did some searching on the net, but I could not find a similar situation, is this due to my video card or monitor. I don't think it's my settings because those have not changed but the problem is worsening. My monitor is an old Gateway probably 5-6 years old. I think it may be time to check out those flat panels...w00t!

HENK
February 2nd, 2005, 06:50 AM
even though there might be a solution to the problem ,its a damn good excuse too look at a new screen :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 2nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
I would seriously look at a new monitor. Do you have a spare that you can test with? See if the test monitor gives you the same problem. If you don't have a test monitor, but a new one and see if it works (you can always return it!).

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 2nd, 2005, 07:27 AM
Deguass it with the deguass option in the monitor settings.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 2nd, 2005, 08:52 AM
the what? is that even legal?......j/k

I'll try the degauss thingy first, it'll take some convincing to buy a new monitor (I don't have a spare)...darn wife hax.

thanks dudes!

LA_MERC_goose
February 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
If the degauss doesn't work, I'd try a drop kick. I, uuhhh, well, ahhh, nevermind.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
does anyone have a LCD monitor? I'm looking at this (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=24-009-022&DEPA=0) one....

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 2nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
We had the same problem here at work and it was the cord. At first it we had to wiggle it at the computer end and the text on the right half of the screen fixed it's self. After awhlie that didn't work anymore and we figured out that when plug warmed up (next to the computer) it would expand and work great, but when it was cold it would become blurry. So we invested in a new cord.... But a good excuse to buy a new monitor though !!!!!

HENK
February 2nd, 2005, 02:39 PM
yeah that acer is a nice one!!!i like the acer screens (i pretty much have exactly the same on my laptop)
nice and crisp and they are pretty fast too.if u ask me ,u cant goo wrong with that one!!!

npor
February 2nd, 2005, 04:09 PM
does anyone have a LCD monitor? I'm looking at this (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=24-009-022&DEPA=0) one....

I would get a 12ms monitor if I were you.

Dell 2001FP = graceful.

SnAkEbItE
February 2nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah I got a Dell2100FP for Christmas from the wife and it's as they say these day's. PRO

|Team Moped| Kripto
February 2nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
I bought the 1901fp and love it. It and the 2100 were the best all around monitor for the whole year... I did a google search for it and found a link to the dell website and it had about 5 or 6 coupons for random reasons...so I got it new for only 525!

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 3rd, 2005, 05:03 AM
too much cash for me :(

btw, I did degauss and it made a little bit of a difference, but the bluriness is still there. This absolutely blows dead bears.

HENK
February 3rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
acer is highly underated in the US.they make great laptops and good screens.u can pick up the 17 " model of that screen for just about 200 $,thats a deal im tellen u!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==