PDA

View Full Version : Jambalaya Recipe (Louisiana Guys)...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Anybody got a GOOD Jambalaya recipie they can share?

Thanks - j.

HENK
January 29th, 2005, 10:05 AM
zatarans

aCiD
January 29th, 2005, 10:09 AM
boooo zatarans boooooo lol

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 29th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I was hoping for something a little more original...and home cooked than Zatarains henk...lol.

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 29th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I will hook you up a little later today... Never fear Nutria is here. What kind you need chicken, sausage or shrimp?

HENK
January 29th, 2005, 06:56 PM
just throw some fresh veggies into the zatarans and spice it uuuuuup
,voila

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 29th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I don't measure anything so I did the best I could in measuring for you when I made it tonight.
This is what you will need:

2 onions
2 bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic smashed (use side of big knife)
1/2 bunch green onions
2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
1 can Rotel
2 cups raw rice
salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
water
Either 1lb or sausage or around 3 cups of chicken breasts cut up into small pieces.

Cut up all veggies before you start. Season chicken... season kinda heavy but not too heavy, it is the only time you want to season. Lightly brown chicken in butter, You may have to add more butter. Then take out chicken. Add bell peppers, garlic and onions. Cook that down until onions are clear. Add tomato sauce and Rotel, simmer for about 15 minutes. Toss in chicken and simmer another 15 minutes. Add rice and green onions... stir very good. Add water to your first knuckle over the ingredients in the pot. (Sorry I don't know at all how to measure it, but that is how I do it.) Cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is tender. I hope this works for you.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==