PDA

View Full Version : Wont be around for a few days, maybe more :(

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 23rd, 2005, 05:41 PM
I havent been on the servers much lately cause i have been busy with some other stuff. Now my main box is giving me a fit. Started with a CD burnner upgrade and went down hill from there. I have lost the power supply, and now it looks like the mother board is on the way out....So Im back to OLD FAITHFUL... My 800mhz 5 year old HP Pavilion.

Anyway... :(

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
January 23rd, 2005, 06:16 PM
Hang in there bro. It will all work out. We will see you when you get it fixed.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Ive got an AMD 1800XP you can have if you need a new (used) CPU.

Pfhor
January 24th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Are you sure the power supply is dead? Usually when you have too much plugged into it and overdraw it they have fail safe features that shut it off. If you want to turn it back on you have to physically unplug it from the outlet and let it sit for a few minutes. Then it should turn back on. Did you remove anything when you put the CD burner in? Also if the motherboard is having problems it could just be the bios got messed up. Pop the battery out and then put it back in. It will clear the bios and you can start over from scratch. If you did not remove anything when you put the CD burner in you could have overloaded the power supply. How large is your power supply and also how many harddrives do you have in the computer? Normally all the harddrives will attempt to spin up at the same time and overdraw the power supply and shut it off.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==