PDA

View Full Version : help!help!with my puter!

HENK
January 18th, 2005, 12:16 PM
allright ,i looks like i gotten some kind of weired virus wich seems to delete the .exe files of most of my programms ,only windows apps and a few other seem to still be working .when i boot ,some weired windows installer pops up then it takes like 4 min but it actually boots and i can access windows.well i made a backup a few weeks ago and i tried to reset the system ,but i idn t work ,it tells me it can t find backed up files even though i have it on cd as well,so it makes no sense.
well i thgough ,just make a full system reset ,but "doh" that won t work ether ,the recovery cd boots up and loads but then it only shows "windows mouse driver installed" ,after that nothing !!no loading ,nada!
what should i do ,im pretty much computer literate!!
thx,
HENK

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 18th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Is you computer custom build? Do you have all your installation cd's? What recovery cd are you referring to? Most manufacturered pc's come with a couple different ones.

HENK
January 18th, 2005, 02:42 PM
well i have 1 recovery system cd ,which ur supposed to use first when rebooting from the rom drive,then it ask u to accept the recovery process ,(a )agree,and then it ask u to put in the recovery cd 1,i done that ,it has little arrows on bottom which i guess indicate loading ,then it jumps to a new scren and then only the thing with the mouse driver comes up ,nothing else:(,i actually let it run over night to see if something comes up ,but no dice. the system is not custom build and ,and only came with 3 recovery cd's ,system ,recovery 1 and 2.
im absolutly clueless what i should do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
thx for ur time!!!!
HENK

HENK
January 18th, 2005, 02:48 PM
ahhhh , even weireder !!! i just clicked on steam ,and my source and hl2 is gone,hl2 deathmatch is there but steam dowloaded some files for it ,but won t start downloading hl2 or cs s ,wtf is going on?
HENK

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 18th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Call your computer manufacturer and have them help you use the recovery cd's.

HENK
January 18th, 2005, 03:26 PM
had that idea ,but there is no support number on their site.
is there any other way to just completly renew the system manualy ,because im like 99.9% sure that i used the cd's the right way .

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 18th, 2005, 04:36 PM
had that idea ,but there is no support number on their site.
is there any other way to just completly renew the system manualy ,because im like 99.9% sure that i used the cd's the right way .

If its a brand name they WILL have some kind of tech support. WHo is the maker of the pc?

HENK
January 18th, 2005, 05:12 PM
it s an acer laptop,and yes i found their number and called,after i went back searching.now the problem is that i talked to someone,and he said i used the cd s correctly and i actually went with him through the progress again.well he is sending me a new copy of the recovery disc.but was has me worried is that he was always talking about possible HD probs :(,the damn warrenty just expiered about 3 weeks ago,but since my laptop uses desktop components i could just get a new HD for not that much,but i still sux.i can t even imagine that i have HD failure ,because i can still play 1.6 weeeee.
thx,
HENK

HENK
January 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM
allright i found a solution with the help of Face,
it seems to be a new virus that u can catch with IE,so watch out it seems to attack norton first so as long as they havent fixed it download avg antivirus,it s free and helped me get my system back on track.after running this and removing the virus file u need to re-install norton and voila!!!well and use mozilla from now on!
HENK

LA_MERC_Mercy
January 19th, 2005, 01:29 AM
nah..use firefox....

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 19th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Or just stop downloading pr0n

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 19th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Or just stop downloading pr0n

:D :tosser :D

HENK
January 19th, 2005, 02:28 PM
pron,what do u think of me?
no seriously it wasn t pron i downloaded at least this time and it wasn t roms ether !!!!
it was episodes of a well known comic sitcom that i wanted to watch on my pda.and firefox,mozzila ,all the same anyways !
HENK

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==