PDA

View Full Version : One Upset Dad

SnAkEbItE
January 11th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Well this evening I get a call from my wife, she is very upset and in tears. My son who is 6 years old came home and had brought his journal that he had been writeing in at school. Now let me stop for a moment and explain how the school works this. At the begining of the the school year the parents are given a list of required materials such as colors, compisition notebook, construction paper, glue, and that sort of stuff. We take all this to the school and turn it in. The teacher puts this where ever and then as the student's need it they hand it out for them. Well my son was given his coposition notebook to do his daily writeing in at the begining of the year. Now note that this was not the note book that we sent but one that was pulled from the stack that was collected from all students. He had filled it up and the teacher sent it home. My wife, being the loveing parent that she is, was excited and was looking forward to reading and seeing what our son had done over the first 6 months. When she looke at the first two pages it was full of racial slurs towards the black race, and several f words and other curses strone throught out this "Rap Song" that is what it is I'm guessing it is from the way it was written.
Now we have made sure that our son has not been raised to be racial in any means and he has friends at school that are of all races. I know that my son will be exposed to words and to things that we as parents do not want him exposed to but, for a 6 year old to be exposed to this I feel is way out of line. Not to mention if he had either written this or had been saying any of this he would have been expelled or worse from school.
Me and my wife are going to set up meeting with school, but right now this dad is one pissed of dad and is ready to go blistic. Guy's so if you don't hear from me for a few day's I might be a little detained.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
January 11th, 2005, 05:04 PM
WOW it's kinda shocking to think that a 6 year old could know stuff like that and could even write it out. I would be mad and upset also. So good luck in that and I hope everything gets took'n care of...

npor
January 11th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Only 6? Thats like..... 2 years younger than me. But anyways, it sucks to hear that from a kid from such an early age (what would I know?) The school I go to is of a black race majority, I'm guessing 75%+, so I know what kind of things and people can influence him.

Even though I'm not the parent here, one thing popped to my mind. As a 6 year old, did he spell the words correctly? If he didn't, then he probably came across the words verbally, people at his school or even TV...

Mrs.B[s]
January 11th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I agree with dragonlady that I would be mad and upset also. But he's got to be exposed to it somewhere. It sounds like it's coming from school. I don't know what the solution is. I hope that talking to the teacher will help some.

aCiD
January 11th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Man,i tell ya, school is just getting worse. A bunch of people i know have taken their children out and have started homeschooling them. Not that that is best for everyone, but that they can because of their jobs being what they are. I dunno tho, i think, if i knew that my children were going to have to go through with that , i would try my hardest to home school them. But thats just me. But, gl with it Snake.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 12th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Good luck Snake, I know my wife and I do everything we can to keep our kids from seeing alot of the crap that's on TV nowadays, but we can't control what they see out in public....I've even had co-workers laugh at me because I won't let my 3 yr old watch anything but G-rated movies and tv shows...it's a matter of principle. Now I'm not nieve enough to think that my kids will never see any of that stuff and that I can protect them forever, but I'll do it as long as I can at least until they reach an appropriate age to understand that those things are wrong.

I'd be curious to know what you said to the teacher and how he/she handled it....

SnAkEbItE
January 12th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Only 6? Thats like..... 2 years younger than me. But anyways, it sucks to hear that from a kid from such an early age (what would I know?) The school I go to is of a black race majority, I'm guessing 75%+, so I know what kind of things and people can influence him.

Even though I'm not the parent here, one thing popped to my mind. As a 6 year old, did he spell the words correctly? If he didn't, then he probably came across the words verbally, people at his school or even TV...

My son did not write this, and no who ever did could not spell either.

We have sent a request to the teacher for a meeting. I'll update when this has been done.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 12th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Ahh...that wasn't clear in your original post. I was under the impression your son was the writter. That changes things....

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 12th, 2005, 08:25 AM
lol, I thought the same thing

SnAkEbItE
January 12th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I'm sorry for the misconfusion, but being upset just intesify's my inability to spell and make delcaritive sentences.

Uther
January 12th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Thats why I write my daughters name on all her stuff before it goes to school. I have no problem buying for my daughter, but I am not paying for supplies for some other kid, or for the stuff I buy her to go into a big pile for everyone.

[sG] Dutchman
January 12th, 2005, 07:37 PM
dang when I swore for the first time 11 my dad gave me a good ol' spankin and wow did it hurt so now i can't swear or at least my parents don't know it but and 6 years old wow I could say it might be the kids he hangs out with and good luck.

Uther
January 12th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Read the post first Dutch. His kid didnt write them, the came from a book that some other kid brought to school and he ended up with it.

Apocalypse
January 12th, 2005, 08:03 PM
What exactly did your son write Snakebite? Anything with 40 ounces and weed?

npor
January 12th, 2005, 08:06 PM
What exactly did your son write Snakebite? Anything with 40 ounces and weed?

Again...

Snake - My son did not write this, and no who ever did could not spell either.

We have sent a request to the teacher for a meeting. I'll update when this has been done.

Apocalypse
January 12th, 2005, 11:23 PM
i was joking little boy...go find your dad!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 12th, 2005, 11:40 PM
joking...yeah right, youre drunk and didn't read. :p:

We know you too well f00.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 13th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Dutchman']dang when I swore for the first time 11 my dad gave me a good ol' spankin and wow did it hurt so now i can't swear or at least my parents don't know it but and 6 years old wow I could say it might be the kids he hangs out with and good luck.

Too bad he didn't spank some punctuation in ya! HAHAHAHAHA

I just couldn't resist any longer

SnAkEbItE
January 13th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Well my son wrote just typical 6 year old type writeing, like the date and the weather day of the week. That sort of stuff, as to address the labeling of the stuff. That I feel will be part of the solution. I knew that the school system was useing the parents to supply stuff the the kids who's parents are bum's and won't support their kids. That too is going to stop.

SaBeR512
January 13th, 2005, 04:52 PM
If it was really bad im guessin its not his, onless your positive it is, in that case.... :sad:

SnAkEbItE
January 14th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Well we met with the teacher and principal yesterday. They where shocked and apoligitic. Solution is that from now on we will not be shipping bulk supplies to school as is there policy but, will send what our child needs and will be labeled to prevent this from happening again.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==