PDA

View Full Version : Chroming

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 9th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Hey,

does anyone know any business that does nickel plating or chroming? I'm wanting to get something done, but I don't know how much or where, etc.

LaTech

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 10th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Nobody then? Poo!

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM
lol, are you interested in something local or does it matter? what size is it?

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Doesn't really matter as I would be willing to ship it wherever and pay for shipping back. If I had to guess, I would say it's about the size of a computer tower.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I'm assuming that you are getting the metal frame coated only? The base metal needs to be steel, copper or bronze...meaning that you can't coat the outside plastic. I believe that can be done, just not at the place that I called.

I called a place here in Houston and your minimum cost would be around $82.50. That is the minimum, the guy said probably around 100 bucks or so depending on the condition of the case.

http://www.gullindustries.com/

I don't know if these guys do good work, but it's a start....

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 10th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the info, Sabre!

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 10th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I was just thinking...if you send it over to them soon, I could pick it up and bring to the LAN...might save you on shipping.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 10th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Interesting thought...let me see if I can find a case I like then...hehe

Daedelus
January 12th, 2005, 11:24 AM
its alittle hard to find places that do chorming these days because of the hazardess materials they use most of the shops down here in san diego closed up but now they ship to La to get stuff done,but you pay the extra costs of shipping.they can do plastic ive seen guys that used to come out to the body shop i worked at and they used some kind of electricity to zap sheets of gold leaf to make the gold trim on honda grills and i had a guy chrome my platic door handles on my 86 toyota pick up when i had it.
Are you sure with all the diffrent cases out there that you cant just buy one chromed already? you would think now that they are using car type paint finishes that some one would offer chrome for this? ok best of luck.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==