PDA

View Full Version : Failed Checkpoint [USB0] error

LA_MERC_goose
January 5th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I'm trying to boot up a Dell 8200 and I'm getting a "A previous attempt to boot this machine failed at checkpoint [USB0]" error. Dell support hasn't got a clue and I'm really ready to drop kick this thing. If it wasn't for the LA MERC paint scheme I would use it for target practice.

I've tried to boot and press F2 and F8 (per tech support) and no luck. I'm at a loss, anyone got any ideas?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
January 5th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Is this what you did?

To reset the original factory system setup settings for the Dell Dimension Series systems listed above, perform the following steps:

Restart your computer.

At the first text on the screen, or when the Dell logo appears, press the <F2> key every three seconds until the message Entering Setup appears.

When the System Setup screen appears, press the <Alt> + <F> keys at the same time to load the factory defaults.
A beep sounds to indicate the defaults have been loaded.

Check and, if necessary, reset the time, date, and year.

Change the Secondary Drive 0 setting to Auto.

Change USB Legacy Support to Enabled.

Press the <Alt> + <B> keys at the same time to save changes and reboot.

Proceed with the installation or troubleshooting that you were attempting.

Also, unplug the power cord and remove the batter from the mobo for an hour or so.

You can try following the second thing listed here as if all lights were yellow
http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/systems/dim8200/codes.htm

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Obviously it failed the checkpoint because it is too drunk. Send it to AA. :stick

LA_MERC_goose
January 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Well Tech support tried to get the F2 to work but I get the error immiediately. After talking some more with support tonight, they conclude the board is bad and I need to purchase a new one. I'll try to battery thing Illegal but it looks like I modded a pretty kewl door stop. lol

Oh and the light on the back are A is yellow, B, C, & D are green

npor
January 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Try to yank the battery out of the mobo or use the CMOS reset jumper.

SnAkEbItE
January 6th, 2005, 06:58 AM
According to that code something that you have plugged in to the usb is failing are you useing anything such as a mouse or keyboard that is usb? If so remove it and see if it post. If your not then I would say that one of the usb ports is bad.

What is model of your system cause you can find some of the older system boards fairly cheap.

LA_MERC_goose
January 6th, 2005, 07:56 AM
I have no USB devices attached to the computer. Illegal and I work somemore on it last night and then I got back to Dell Tech support with what he and I found and I got the same response, the board is bad. The system was a Dimensions 8200 series. I'll figure out something.

Thanks Illegal for your help, it was very helpful. Thanks for your patients too, as I am a nub.

}{y|3ri|)
January 6th, 2005, 08:09 AM
dude toby red text hax man!!

my eyes!! >.<

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 6th, 2005, 08:30 AM
There you go, }{...I cahnged it for ya. ;)

I'll change it back here in a bit.

LA_MERC_goose
January 6th, 2005, 08:33 AM
I cahnged it for ya.

What the heck is a "cahnged"? lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Dang you...dang you to heck! Go see Phil the Prince of Insufficient Light!!!

LA_MERC_goose
January 6th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Dang you...dang you to heck!

Tell me how you really feel LT. ;) lol

SnAkEbItE
January 6th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hey Goose check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44943&item=6733844773&rd=1

LA_MERC_goose
January 7th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Well thanks for the help guys but I solved the problem last night. Motherboard does not hold up well to broadhead arrows. lol :D

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 7th, 2005, 06:57 AM
OMG! No you didn't! HAHAHAHA! Pics?

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 7th, 2005, 06:59 AM
hahahaha!!! you have to post pics!!!

LA_MERC_goose
January 7th, 2005, 07:38 AM
hummm. let me see if I can get it out the trash can tonight and get my roommate to snap a few pics.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==