PDA

View Full Version : O....M....G....!

LA_MERC_goose
January 4th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Ok, as if leaving South Carolina when it was 72 and arriving in Denver when it was 32 wasn't enough! On my ride home today, 5 pm Mountain time, snowing, cold, and down right miserable, I make it to my second to last turn before I turn into the driveway - I'm sitting at the red light waiting to turn when I look in my rear view mirror to see a Ford car coming at me kinda fast for those coniditions. "She ain't gonna stop" I tell myself then WAAAAM!!!! Right into the back of my baby. Got out expecting to see some serious carnage - she broke the plastic on the top of the bumper and scratched the bottom side. Her car however wasn't so lucky - she it the tow hitch on my truck which destroyed her plastic bumber, hood, grill and radiator. So tow hitches and Toyotas are a pretty good combo in my book. And as if any of you really cared (lol) I'm ok but it did require me to use the little boys room when I finally made it to the house.

SnAkEbItE
January 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM
OMG that suck's....good thing no one was hurt though.

[sG] Dutchman
January 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Ok, as if leaving South Carolina when it was 72 and arriving in Denver when it was 32 wasn't enough! On my ride home today, 5 pm Mountain time, snowing, cold, and down right miserable, I make it to my second to last turn before I turn into the driveway - I'm sitting at the red light waiting to turn when I look in my rear view mirror to see a Ford car coming at me kinda fast for those coniditions. "She ain't gonna stop" I tell myself then WAAAAM!!!! Right into the back of my baby. Got out expecting to see some serious carnage - she broke the plastic on the top of the bumper and scratched the bottom side. Her car however wasn't so lucky - she it the tow hitch on my truck which destroyed her plastic bumber, hood, grill and radiator. So tow hitches and Toyotas are a pretty good combo in my book. And as if any of you really cared (lol) I'm ok but it did require me to use the little boys room when I finally made it to the house.
THats ford people like me hehhehhhe as for the tow hitches any kind really work because my dad has a ford one it someone crashed into his truck it it worked great. But the car that hit my dads also had to pay for 4 other cars because he was going so fast. lol my dads truck only moved a few inches when that car hit my dads truck then flew backward inot othere cars lol..

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 4th, 2005, 08:11 PM
With that much damage to the ford, please have the tow hitch and frame checked for damage. If the bolts that hold the hitch are bent slightly, it weakens them. If you pull with that hitch it could get ugly. If your frame is bent on your truck... it could make the back end "walk".

LA_MERC_goose
January 4th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Not a problem Nutria, it's going to the Toyota dealer in the morning - I'll let the professionals handle this one.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 4th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Ouch! Sorry to hear that dude! What a way to start the year off.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 4th, 2005, 08:54 PM
well, if it makes you feel better- i started my year off in reverse of yours by ramming my sonoma into the trailer hitch of a chevy trailblazer!

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 4th, 2005, 09:42 PM
goodness gooser! Glad everyone is ok. Cars can be fixed, dead people can't

LA_MERC_Nutria
January 4th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Says who... they cloning animals... last time I checked a goose is an animal.

LA_MERC_goose
January 5th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Alright, back off you naked mole rat.

LA_MERC_Drifter
January 5th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt Goose!

LA_MERC_Drax
January 5th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Alright, back off you naked mole rat.

Nutria loves it when you talk dirty to him... :stick

SweetGirL
January 5th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Glad you're alright, Goose! If drivers in your area are like the ones here in the South, when it rains, they drive faster and more wrecklessly. It snowed in Mobile one winter and, wouldn't cha know it, everyone that could get behind a wheel of a car decided to hit the roads! Nothing like a bunch of folks with pumpkins and squash in the back of the truck rubbernecking on a snowy day. Don't get me started on the little old Chinese ladies that drive around here too! lol jk

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
January 5th, 2005, 08:06 AM
good to hear you don't have much damage and you're ok. hope you pimp slapped whoever was driving like that.

LA_MERC_Maverick
January 5th, 2005, 08:49 AM
w0w man, sorry to hear that, glad youre doing ok though!

LA_MERC_goose
January 5th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Nutria loves it when you talk dirty to him

You like it too so don't try to play it off. lol :shootme:

PaRaNoiD
January 5th, 2005, 09:31 AM
things that make ya go "uhhhhhhhhhghhhhh"

LA_MERC_goose
January 5th, 2005, 09:42 PM
things that make ya go "uhhhhhhhhhghhhhh"
Santa in a thong?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==