PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Uh!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 4th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Does anyone have any info about this game or know how to play it? My son in 7 and we just got him some cards for Xmas b/c others his age have them. Now I have read the Official Rulebook and I think it's the Official Suxbook, makes close to zero sense. I've read up on Magic: The Gathering in the past but never played it before. I thought I could figure this game out pretty easy, huh, well I was wrong. Lots of different scenarios for cards and when to use them.

Pretty much I don't have a clue what I'm doing at this game. So if anyone has played or knows where I can find some GOOD and UNDERSTANDABLE gameplay rules then please hook a brotha up. My son is on my jock about this.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 4th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Watch the cartoon...serriously.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugioh/train.asp

It's like chess, it ain't easy to master. There are attack and defense modes as well as cards that counteract cards that counteract cards. Some cards cast spells on other cards making them stronger....good luck man.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 4th, 2005, 05:59 PM
is this what folks call "magic"? if so bunches of guys at my work play it...

[sG] Dutchman
January 4th, 2005, 06:48 PM
is this what folks call "magic"? if so bunches of guys at my work play it...
hahahahah sucker that stuff is to old for us teenager :) we like music LOTS OF IT WAHOOOO and cloths don't forget cloths hehehehehe

I'd (if I didn't get it) go back to the store and geta refund :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 4th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Dutchman']hahahahah sucker that stuff is to old for us teenager :) we like music LOTS OF IT WAHOOOO and cloths don't forget cloths hehehehehe

I'd (if I didn't get it) go back to the store and geta refund :)

huh? english!

[sG] Dutchman
January 4th, 2005, 07:04 PM
huh? english!
HOLY CRAP english I only know teenager talk AHHHH *thinks* *thats why my English teacher is failing me :( *

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
in other words - what did you mean by your post where you quoted me...are they talking about "magic" or not?

[sG] Dutchman
January 4th, 2005, 07:12 PM
MadMax its funny that you said there might be guys at your work play that stuff lol

oh If you don't get that card stuff return it back to the store if you want LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d your choice

SnAkEbItE
January 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Well first I picked up War Of the Roses for PS2 for my son couldn't figure that crap out hunted the net finally found out what monster's could combine and junk still can't play the game worth crap.

Got the cards for my son's this year as well for Christmas, and lucky for me I did understand the rule book, just play it a few times and read the rules as you go.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM
i'm still confused....

oh - nevermind...

[sG] Dutchman
January 4th, 2005, 07:21 PM
i'm still confused....

oh - nevermind...
confused eh? SIOYA{DUHZOUHYPIAGEDCNBFU_SOFIHNJVBNSU{ lol just messin with ya :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 4th, 2005, 07:22 PM
AHHHHHH! run away from this thread as fast as you little maxie legs can carry you Max!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 4th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Max, Magic The Gathering is what youre refering to. Its a diffrent game entirely but still a turn based card like Yu Gi Oh. Diffrence is Magic is geared more toward late teens whereas Yu-Gi-Oh is geared towards kids. Its an advanced version of Pokemon.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 4th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Hell the people I know that play "magic" are late 20's early 30's!

Bunch of dorks!

I call them that all the time anyway - I pick on them for playing w/ thier Pokemon cards...lol.

cd
January 4th, 2005, 11:09 PM

Bunch of dorks!

I call them that all the time anyway - I pick on them for playing w/ thier Pokemon cards...lol.

yet we all spend our freetime playing video games lol

I've played magic the gathering(shuddup) and the best card game ever was star wars:ccg ... but it died shortly after episode 1 came out... anyways... i got a friend who's sister plays this, ill go pick up a rule book from her and see ive i cant figure it out for you chuck... gl in the meantime

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 5th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Bunch of dorks!

LOL Isn't that the geek calling the nerd a dork?

SweetGirL
January 5th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Robby has a crapload of the Yu-Gi-Oh cards, the binders, etc. We have probably spent $150-$200 on cards, which I hear is nothing compared to what other kids have around here. I let Robby take them to play with his friends, but my only rule is that they cannot trade the cards or play to keep the other person's card(s). I was told that takes the fun out of the game, but what is a mother for? :p:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 5th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Well - they call me a Geek all day - I gotta have SOMEthing to call them!

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 5th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Yeah, MadMax and I decided yesterday that I was a nerd because he was a geek. It's all relative.

My neighbors kid wanted me to fight him in that card game. I had no clue what I was doing and kept making mistakes. Finally, I said, "You're making up the rules as you go, aren't you?!" He smiled and said, "No...." which of course meant, "Yes...". Sneaky little punk.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 5th, 2005, 08:47 AM
One thing about that game is it will seem like a good player is just making that crap up because of the wazoo combinations you can play. Don't let him play for keeps Sweet, some of those cards can be worth several hundred dollars. I havent looked at price guide for Yu-Gi-Oh but my daughter collected Pokemon at the hieght of the craze and she had a few cards worth over $100. Might not be a bad idea for you to go down to a card shop and pick up a "Beckett" price guide. Make sure it's a Beckett becuase it's the industry standard for card values.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 5th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Before you guys start wondering why I know this crap, I collect hockey crads (not so much in past few years though). I used to prowl the card shows buying up stuff as I went. I had a $200+ a month habit at one point. Still have something in the area of 40,000 cards. Hmmm, might be time to pick up a box. :D

cd
January 5th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Actually for Yu-Gi-Uh! cards you want to get a magazine called "Scrye" It has all the prices in there for all the different card games, it also has articles and deck's that you can make. It's more directed towards the ccg's. The Beckett is more or less for sports cards I believe(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 5th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Beckett does do ccgs but I do believe you are correct about Scyre. I never was a ccg guy but I do remember seeing the mags all over the shows. I'd ask at the card shop which is the true industry standard for ccg prices.

cd
January 5th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I think Beckett would actually be more collector's worth and Scrye would be worth to player's of the game? Dunno... but yeah, do what CFH says and check with card shop.

NoXiOuS
January 5th, 2005, 01:23 PM
do not get me started on magic the gathering. i spent a good bit of my high school life playing that game, and i was addicted. we had our own set of 4 tables in the cafeteria, hell, even some freshman football players played it. But alas, i quit this game last year, due to me getting too old to play card games. But hey, i still have my video games.
I will still take a challenge from anyone though, i still know how to play. So if im ever at a LAN, and someone wants to lose, look me up.

Silent_Killer
January 7th, 2005, 03:37 PM
im perdy good at all the card games magic, yu-gi-oh, pokemon, harry potter, and i am especially 1337 at the star wars trading card game. need any advice how to play any cards msg me. im the king of card games.

o btw brandon we have the whole back of the cafeateria playing magic. i just spectate no one can stop me, if i had a deck. i used to use jeds and i was perdy dang good with em to.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==