PDA

View Full Version : NOLA Residence....

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 3rd, 2005, 02:50 AM
While CFH and I are out there for the LAN, we'd like to get some tattooing done. Anybody know of an artist with a good rep at a place not to far from the LAN?

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 3rd, 2005, 07:02 AM
Yankee does.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Yankee does.
Cool. Thanks Dirge :)

NoXiOuS
January 3rd, 2005, 02:51 PM
tattoos. i want another lol.

HENK
January 3rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
i know plenty in nola ,let me know if u wanna have contact info!

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 3rd, 2005, 07:14 PM
i know plenty in nola ,let me know if u wanna have contact info!

Yes, please!

HENK
January 3rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
when u gone be in ?and what kinda design ur thinking off,black white grey,colour,tribal,faces than i can check if i have the right man available for u.i know too guys from electric lady land through my roomate and i have a friend that only works in house ,all are very good.u can also just check out electric lady land's website .they are all clean and good there ,another good shop is eyecandy but i don t really know the people that work there but ive seen work on friends,good stuff.most shops in nola are good and it just really depends what u want to get done,most artist have their special fields and styles. i just got to know someone else but ive only seen very little work from him ,so i wouldn t recommend yet.i am looking for the right man for some very detailed stuff right now myself and the best stuff ive seen comes from on of the artist of electric ladyland!!.
HENK

HENK
January 3rd, 2005, 08:12 PM
ohhh i messed up,check this site out www.eyecandytattoos.com,
my roomate knows the guy ron , i like his executioner,very nice ,i m not too impressed with his colour work.contact information is on the site and this shop is a safe bet!!
Henk

HENK
January 3rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
ok this is the right link
http://www.eyecandytattoo.com/all.htm

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 3rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
I want a tatto...but sadly I can't get one due to my Hemophillia :(

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 3rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
i want another tattoo as well....how much does small one cost these days?

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 3rd, 2005, 09:03 PM
I thought about getting one, once...I change my mind frequently.

HENK
January 3rd, 2005, 09:12 PM
WHATS SMALL ?

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 3rd, 2005, 10:08 PM
lol, i guess that is pretty vague....i don't know...something that'll fit on a shoulder blade...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 3rd, 2005, 10:38 PM
Look at it this way...$100 an hour plus tip is standard. If you go under an hour, the price goes up as the time gets shorter. Shoulder blade I'd say it would be in the area of 5" x 5" or so. Looking at about $150 most likely. If it has alot of shadding or detail...more.

As for the trip, it's the weekend of Feb 19th. I'm getting a black tribal and I'll bring my own art so I'm easy. Robyn's is an add on to an existing tat. I'll post a pic in a sec.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 3rd, 2005, 10:41 PM
y'all are making me soooooooo jealous!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Ok, this is a crappy web cam pic but you can see what you need to. The scrolling under the bird needs to be spruced up. She wants a paisley type design. It's a little flat and boring as it stands.

HENK
January 4th, 2005, 11:51 AM
SIMPLE TRIBALE FOR THE SHOULDER SHOULD RUN AROUND 150-200 ,IF U WANT COLOUR AND LOTS OF SHADING LOOK AT 300 -400!!!!
THEIR IS AN ATTACHMENT OF MY SHOULDER ,THAT MY FRIEND DID IN HOUSE.SORRY ITS KINDA HARD TO TAKE PICS OF URSELF.THE WORK IS NOT COMPLETLY DONE AND DON T BE FOOLED THIS IS A CLOSEUP SHOT,IT ACTUALLY IS REALLY CLEAN,EVEN THOUGH I M NOT 100 % SATISFIED WITH IT "YET".IT COST ME 80 $ AND TOOK LIKE 2 HOURES
HENK

HENK
January 4th, 2005, 11:57 AM
just about anyone should be able to do that,i would just go to eyecandy .it shouldn t be very expensive ether maybe 100$.
Henk

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 4th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Ok, I FINALLYgot pics of my tats....I did it at work with one of our digi cameras :D

These were done by Shawn Warcott at Empire Tattoo here in Cali. I don't expect you to know him but ya neva know. In So Cal you say his name and people know who he is.

BTW, it was around $1100, 12 hours and 2 sittings plus 1 for touch up. The lettering on the second one was done by a diffrent guy and took about 90 mins. Thats the only part Im not happy with on either of them.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 4th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I thought about getting one, once...I change my mind frequently.

Heh. I did that for exactly 10 years. On my last birthday I decided it was the right time but didn't think any more about the process and "forever" until I got to the shop. I have to say, it hurt like...well, you've heard I'm sure. It's just a little above my tailbone. Now I couldn't be happier and want more detail added. It's cool to have one done in honor of a milestone or for having come out of a difficult period in life. Especially when somebody asks about the tattoo. They're great conversation pieces.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 4th, 2005, 02:44 PM
YAY!!! Finally a picture of them CFH! And good ones at that. ('bout *cough* dang time, *chuckle under breath*)
:stick

LA_MERC_Onji
January 4th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I keep reading the title of this thread 'NOLA Resistance' lol

This thread gives me an idea for another thread 'What does your TAT look like' hmmmm

Iccey
January 4th, 2005, 03:38 PM
How bout we all go get the LA_MERC logo tattoed :D

LA_MERC_CS Widow
January 4th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I keep reading the title of this thread 'NOLA Resistance' lolHa! "Nooooo. Don't make me go see these peopllllllle!"

This thread gives me an idea for another thread 'What does your TAT look like' hmmmm
Ya...cool idea.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==