PDA

View Full Version : Wow Best Buy...organized people lemme tell ya

aCiD
January 1st, 2005, 10:51 PM
Well me and BD lauren and my bro go to best buy today to get some ram and a new headset because my bro just started playin WOW, anyway, we see some K-Byte ram, cheap stuff who cares, it said 35$ on the rack it was on, with the K-BYTE name and # and everything , anyway, the headset was a Logitech something? anyway there were 4 racks! all said 20$ ALL OF EM! anyway, we take the stuff to the cashier, rings up the ram, 105$ and the headset 32$, we said wth, thats rong, so the lady ask's for a price check and me and bd go back there to see if there looking at the right one, anyway, we see 5 people around the ram tearing off the sticker and saying it was rong but we can see if we have the same ram, the lady says we dont have any like that, even tho, my brother picked up some and there were 10 more left that had K-Byte 256mb DDR... anyway, we say forget about and we tell em that the headset is rong too, some lady grabs em and tells up to follow her, to "prove" us rong even though she saw how messed up it was, so my brother gets 10$ knocked off the headset, lol, but this is the great part we said lets just grab another type of ram, so we get a 512 Kingston DDR Ram for "it says" 97$ with a 25$ mail in rebate.. we take it to the cashier, guess how much?! 155$!!! WTF! so we said wow, another one rong, so the cashier follows us to the ram section and grabs the price tag off the rack and takes up to customer support so while were there they find out that the rebate has expired, awesome huh? anyway they sell us the ram for 50$ with an "instant rebate" right then and there... although we came out with better ram and spending less money than we thought its just irritating to take up 3 items ALL BEING rong prices.. GRR anyway, just thought id warn you about that :P oh yea, did you know this that in recent studies Best Buy is only really making money with there warranties, forgot where i read it, think it was yahoo news or something ill find it and post it, but thats just kinda weird i think... lol.. anywhos :P

Swedish
January 1st, 2005, 11:14 PM
i hate that place. i think they should call it "OK Buy" or somthing. the prices are never the best.

Apocalypse
January 1st, 2005, 11:18 PM
how much did you spend on the spell-check cd-rom? wrong :) love you bro!

Swedish
January 1st, 2005, 11:21 PM
i think his "w" key is broken cause they cost to much to get a new one at best buy.

Slayer
January 1st, 2005, 11:32 PM
Ok Buy, lol...

Yeah, that really sux. How lucky you are, acid!!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 2nd, 2005, 08:05 AM
OMG! Let them do that here on Florence. /me goes off to see Madmax

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 2nd, 2005, 08:06 AM
had a problem there recently weith LOTR BFME, dumbarses wanted to charge $10 more for the DVD-ROm version, then the sale paper comes out the next week explicitly stating that both are the same price. It wouldn't have been that bad except for the attitude the bia had.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 2nd, 2005, 09:07 AM
I'm just keeping my mouth shut...

aCiD
January 2nd, 2005, 09:42 AM
really best buy is crap, they are all annoying people... grr

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 2nd, 2005, 09:46 AM
well...they pay my bills...sorta...

just because you had a bad experience in one best buy - that doesn't mean all best buys are crap. at least as far as bby826 in florence in concerned, there are a lot of honest hard working people there just trying to make a living, doing what we are told, and we get the smartarse customers all day long that act like they just come in the store to make us miserable. just think for a second what WE have to put up with on a daily basis!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
January 2nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
I know EXACTLY where you are coming from!

-FA- ManiacalClown
January 2nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Best Buy pulling a bait and switch? Boy I've never seen that one before!

Also...to be absolutely sure you're looking at the right price tag, match the UPS codes on the tag and the product.

LA_MERC_goose
January 2nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
I've been to the one in Florence and two in Denver and I've never had a problem - and actually, to my surprise, the people at the two in Denver were more friendly than the one in Florence - scary, I know. =D

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
January 2nd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Don't they by law have to sell to you for the marked price? Especially if the UPC codes match. Seems to me there is some law or something about that.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 2nd, 2005, 06:56 PM
yup, if its' on the shelf at a certain price...that's what they have to sell it for.

MindWerks
January 4th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Or they can just refuse you service and not sell it to you.

aCiD
January 5th, 2005, 09:36 PM
not in florence they dont, if its not the same price in the computer as on the shelf they will throw the price tag on the shelf away, and say they dont have any in stock

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==